Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: [SYSTEM PROPERTIES] Hello :] Bit of a problem that I got here

16 Feb 2013   #1
Retract

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
[SYSTEM PROPERTIES] Hello :] Bit of a problem that I got here

New to the forums. Hello! ^_^

I found a site with something called Resource Hacker, and I used it quite a bit to remove simple things, and add things. (Ex. the Shut Down Computer command at the bottom of the context menu on the desktop for easy shut downs)

However a few days ago I found a tutorial that stated that I could tweak the file named "systemcpl.dll" (In order to move the logo in my system properties from view) (The properties after right clicking "Computer")

After changing one line in the file and replacing it after compiling the script in the System32 and SysWOWx64 folders, I restarted my laptop and tried to go to system properties. However, once I looked, it stated "The page has failed to load."

I need/want to fix this! Please help if possible. Or some suggestions would be very much appreciated. So far, I haven't had problems with anything at all, and everything seems normal on my laptop. However just not seeing my properties is kinda annoying. Even though I do know what it'd say anyway.

Thank you! ^w^


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Feb 2013   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hello and welcome Retract mate those sorts of apps are never much good and as you have found have done something quite painful.
Try system restore to before you installed the Resource hacker and also get rid of it. If you are not sure of how to system restore post back.

Bets way is Revo Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems < you only need the free version.

Just a tip mate ask in here re apps before you download anything like that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2013   #3
Loki

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

If you don't have a restore point to use than try opening a cmd prompt as administrator and run:
sfc /scannow

Loki
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Feb 2013   #4
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Loki View Post
If you don't have a restore point to use than try opening a cmd prompt as administrator and run:
sfc /scannow

Loki
Good one Loki
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2013   #5
Retract

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Hello and welcome Retract mate those sorts of apps are never much good and as you have found have done something quite painful.
Try system restore to before you installed the Resource hacker and also get rid of it. If you are not sure of how to system restore post back.

Bets way is Revo Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems < you only need the free version.

Just a tip mate ask in here re apps before you download anything like that
Thank you for replying! And yeah I guess I'll have to system restore and hope that that fixes it up. But one question before I do it. If I do do a system restore then, what happens to programs, files, and anything else I might've changed and customized after this problem occured? D: I recently downloaded a few pictures and youtube videos in the past few days.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2013   #6
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Look Retract there will be some updates that you might have to redo but in general data is not affected say for example you have a few photos in My Pictures then it shouldn't affect them. If you are real unsure just back them or any data you want onto sticks and then just whip the back in afterwards.
But like Loki says if this doesn't work then that scannow if you need to do that - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

When everything is back to normal please get rid of that app mate as I said most of the free reg cleaners system checkers are a lot of rot.

There is this too if you want your system to run a bit faster and and more efficiently - if you don't mind losing a bit of the "bling" like transparency Optimize Windows 7 > my Bible and there are plenty of tutorials you will find so very handy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2013   #7
Retract

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Look Retract there will be some updates that you might have to redo but in general data is not affected say for example you have a few photos in My Pictures then it shouldn't affect them. If you are real unsure just back them or any data you want onto sticks and then just whip the back in afterwards.
But like Loki says if this doesn't work then that scannow if you need to do that - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

When everything is back to normal please get rid of that app mate as I said most of the free reg cleaners system checkers are a lot of rot.

There is this too if you want your system to run a bit faster and and more efficiently - if you don't mind losing a bit of the "bling" like transparency Optimize Windows 7 > my Bible and there are plenty of tutorials you will find so very handy
Awesome! Can't thank you guys enough Very helpful!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 [SYSTEM PROPERTIES] Hello :] Bit of a problem that I got here




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
missing OS name in system properties and system information
Hello, I'm new here... need some assistance for my Windows... After I updated to Service Pack 1 from Windows Update (online update), I founded there's no OS name and OS version in System Properties like usual. Same with System Information. Is there any solution for this? Thanks before... ...
General Discussion
System Properties will not display
What a great website, I've learned so much just from reading!! I am not able to right click on computer and then system properties...when I do it, the screen displays for a second and disappears. I've tried unsuccessfully for the last several days to resolve this, various scans, I tried to...
General Discussion
Need help system protection not there on system properties
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu109/darherox99/error.jpg Oh i can not get system restore to open but it works in safe mode not in regular mode.
Backup and Restore
System Properties Screen
Is there a way to put a graphic in the system properties for the white background? John:cry:
Themes and Styles
How do I change these system properties?
How do i change all the settings that have the square around it http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2155/windows7systempropertie.gif i would like to change it all (the pics text and stuff) to match a theme thanks in advance
Customization
System properties
system properties is not showing amount of ram if I click windows experience index than show print detailed report it shows full 4GB as does task manager and my sidebar gadget but in system properties installed memory section is blank any ideas?? I am using windows 7 rc x64
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App