Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 won't boot

27 Feb 2013   #61
Gcd89

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing View Post
Yes it is .

Wireless LAN,INTEL (Driver) (ver.13.2.0.30)

Oh. Didn't think that was the right one...

Now what about my broken fn key...why would they not work?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Feb 2013   #62
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gcd89 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
What were the results of the HD diagnostics tests you were advised to run three days ago? We never heard back.
What? i posted the results here (No problems found) and you actually responded to said post.
I specifically said that Disk CHeck isn't enough when you are getting imminent failure warnings, that you must run the HD Diagnostics.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
In spite of the Disk Check results, it is best now to also test the HD surface condition using the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan. If there isn't one you can use the CD for Partition Wizard Partition surface test. Hiren’s BootCD 15.1 also has many of the maker's diagnostics bootable scans as well as Partition Wizard. You can also run Hiren's BootCD From USB Flash Drive (Pen Drive) www.hiren.info
And now you can't connect to the internet is because you didn't even bother to read the tutorial which shows how to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 that specifically says to put your wireless driver in your backup so you can get online to do your Important and Optional Updates to get all drivers.

If you'd read the tutorial it also tells you how to check your COA sticker so you know its readable. You never told us you were relying on a scanned key because we would have told you it will not work. Without a COA Product Key you need the Recovery disks unless you want to throw yourself on MS Phone Activation's mercy. They can sometimes get enough information to activate it without the full key being readable: How To Activate Windows 7 by Phone Step-by-Step Guide

Then you come here and curse about how badly this is going, and you wonder why! You ignored our advice, didn't read the tutorial showing how to do the reinstall, even pressed on to reinstall on a disk you were warned is failing!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #63
Gcd89

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
I specifically said that Disk CHeck isn't enough when you are getting imminent failure warnings, that you must run the HD Diagnostics.
I wasn't even able to boot the computer, nor did i have resources to even do this.

Quote:
The reason you couldn't connect to the internet is because you didn't even bother to read the tutorial which shows how to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 that specifically says to put your wireless driver in your backup so you can get online to do your Important and Optional Updates to get all drivers.
I hadn't the slightest clue where said drivers were located, let alone whether or not the Paragon software would be able to save it.
Quote:
If you'd read the tutorial it also tells you how to check your COA sticker so you know its readable. You never told us you were relying on a scanned key because we would have told you it will not work. Without a COA Product Key you need the Recovery disks unless you want to throw yourself on MS Phone Activation's mercy. They can sometimes get enough information to activate it without the full key being readable: How To Activate Windows 7 by Phone Step-by-Step Guide
I have no idea what a "scanned key" is. nor do i have a recovery disk (my computer did not come with one), nor do i have the financial resources to obtain it.

Quote:
Then you come here and curse about how badly this is going, and you wonder why! You ignored our advice, didn't read the tutorial showing how to do the reinstall, even pressed on to reinstall on a disk you were warned is failing!
The reinstall advice might as well have been in chinese. i couldn't figure out half of it, and had to rely on other cources just so i could make heads and tails of what was being said.

Point is, i'm mostly computer illiterate. I'm a musician and rely on this computer to basically survive. Almost every proposed solution was just not feasible either because it was too technical for me to understand, or i just don't have financial resources to do it. i literally have no money to be blowing on fixing this stuff. i need(ed) a quick fix so i can stay connected to my business and such. And in the end, it was all for naught. Even after being able to get the computer working again, and getting online, turns out it probably doesn't even make a difference because my HD is probably shot, and my PC still isn't quite right (function keys not working, slowness, resolution is messed up, etc) anyway.

In reality, the only truly viable solution is a new computer in general. again, i haven't the money for that. My only choice was to try and salvage my current machine, which turned out to be futile anyway.

It's not my fault, nor is it necessarily yours, it just...is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Feb 2013   #64
VistaKing

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gcd89 View Post

Now what about my broken fn key...why would they not work?
Download this

Easy Display Manager (Software) (ver.3.2.0.2)

It is listed under Software

FOCUS GUYS … we could get this working .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #65
gregrocker

 

If you had questions about the tutorial you should have asked them instead of charging ahead.

The HD Diagnostics are bootable CD's as it says, so why would you have to be able to boot Windows 7?

Your best bet now is to try to decipher the Product Key using a magnifying glass. Call MS Phone Activation if necessary to ask for their help to get it activated based on not being able to read some characters. We have reports they will ask for the Product ID on the System page, then some other identifiers on the COA sticker and sometimes approve activation. However you can't count on this.

Had we known this, if there had been full interaction on the steps in the tutorial you didn't understand, we would have most likely tried to get your Recovery partition bootable. Now if the Clean Install cannot be activated your only choice may be to order Samsung Recovery Disks. Are you still under Warranty?

I do not write in highly technical language, so saying that the Clean Reinstall tutorial might as well be in Chinese is ridiculous. No one has ever said such a thing before, nor has anyone who followed the steps had less than a perfect reinstall. If you weren't up to the instructions, you should have asked for more help. We do whatever is necessary here to get it installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #66
VistaKing

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

Gcd89

Does the Device Manager look clean ? No more yellow circles with " ! " ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #67
Gcd89

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If you had questions about the tutorial you should have asked them instead of charging ahead.

The HD Diagnostics are bootable CD's as it says, so why would you have to be able to boot Windows 7?

Your best bet now is to try to decipher the Product Key using a magnifying glass. Call MS Phone Activation if necessary to ask for their help to get it activated based on not being able to read some characters. We have reports they will ask for the Product ID on the System page, then some other identifiers on the COA sticker and sometimes approve activation. However you can't count on this.

Had we known this, if there had been full interaction on the steps in the tutorial you didn't understand, we would have most likely tried to get your Recovery partition bootable. Now if the Clean Install cannot be activated your only choice may be to order Samsung Recovery Disks. Are you still under Warranty?

I do not write in highly technical language, so saying that the Clean Reinstall tutorial might as well be in Chinese is ridiculous. No one has ever said such a thing before, nor has anyone who followed the steps had less than a perfect reinstall. If you weren't up to the instructions, you should have asked for more help. We do whatever is necessary here to get it installed.
If I had stopped to ask about every single thing I had an issue with, we'd have been here for a year.

My point was, I really didn't have the know-how to carry out most of the things I was being asked to do, and it probably would have been wiser to just take it somewhere, if I'd had the money. I had no choice but to do what I could within my incredibly limited understanding of this stuff.

And it doesn't really matter anyway, whether I fixed it, or took it to someone, or you yourself were here to fix it. The HD is on it's way out, which is something that can't be fixed.

The machine works now, and gets internet, so it's basically fixed, though is slightly buggy (slow, low resolution, so on)...I'd appreciate help for fixing those things, if possible.

But really, again, you guys helped immensely, but like I said, it's just a delay of the inevitable, until the HD gives out. There's nothing that can or could have been done about that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #68
VistaKing

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

Video Driver

VGA(Graphics),INTEL (Driver) (ver.8.15.10.2131) Windows 7(64bit)

this should help with the screen resolution issue you're having .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #69
Gcd89

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing View Post
Gcd89

Does the Device Manager look clean ? No more yellow circles with " ! " ?

No, they're still there on the Intel Centrino and PCI Simple Communication Controller items. Function Keys still don't work

And you're lucky I know that because this computer is going really slow

EDIT: Seems to be going faster now. Anyway, I tried to do the graphics dirver you mentioned, but it told me my computer already had versions newer than the ones I was gonna install

for whatever reason, 1024x768 is the highest I can get, but I remember I used to be able to get much higher....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #70
VistaKing

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

I gave you the PCI driver name it's the HECI driver
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 won't boot




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dual boot windows vista and windows 7 boot error winload.exe
I am trying to dual boot with 2 different hard drives and 2 different systems. One is Vista x64 and the other is Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. After installing the hard drive with Windows 7 which came from a different computer, I used EasyBCD to configure the boot order. Windows vista still works,...
Installation & Setup
Win 7 , Ubuntu dual boot, windows wont boot, startup disk doesnt help
Hi a couple of months ago my system crashed, windows 7 wouldnt boot, and I misplaced my installation disk. I had the problems several times since obtaining the computer several years ago. (Lenovo IDeaPad y450). I attributed the problem to what I believed was a bad hard disk, so I replaced it with a...
General Discussion
Windows 7: Boot Manager Status 0xc000000f, boot selection failed.
Hello, I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Yesterday I accidentally 'killed' csrss.exe. Then, after a bluescreen, my computer restarted and I got the following message: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Crashes at Boot Manager after Deleting Windows 8 Dual Boot
Hi all, I followed some instructions to remove the Windows 8 Dual Boot by just deleting the Windows 8 Partition and that there was no need to edit the boot menu as everything will be done automatically after restart. Now, when I tried to reboot my computer, the computer hangs at the screen...
General Discussion
Dual boot Windows 7 pro and Windows Server 2008 - boot loader
Hey guys i installed windows 7 and windows server 2008 in different partition. I first installed windows 7 and then installed windows server 2008.(I dont know if that makes much of a difference). However , -----after installing the server i could not see the windows 7 in my boot loader so i had...
Installation & Setup
windows7 wont boot past windows splash screen - will boot to safe mod
WIndows 7 premium home version on a lenovo laptop freezing at splash screen. I can boot into safe mode just fine. Whereby I have to run a system restore back to an older date but the issue still comes back up and this seems to be especially true when trying to wake it from sleep mode. beyond the...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App