Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SynTPEnh.exe won't open in startup

25 Feb 2013   #1
AhmedBarca

Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Operating System
 
 
SynTPEnh.exe won't open in startup

Hello, everyone!

I have accidently disabled all the items in the Startup tab in System Configuration (msconfig.exe) and restarted my computer. I have enabled them all again, except some items, and restarted my computer again.

The items that I selected to open on statup did open except for Synaptics TouchPad V7.5 (SynTPEnh.exe). I have tried shutting down my computer and opening it again, but it didn't solve my problem. When I open Processes tab in Windows Task Manager, I find all my selected items except SynTPEnh.exe. In System Configuration, it clearly shows that it will open on startup as it is selected.


How can I solve this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Feb 2013   #2
JimLewandowski

 
 

Semi-suspiciously, that entry has %programfiles% rather than a hard-coded path ("C:....") as the other entries have. I don't know where/when those % symbolic variables get set but maybe they get set after Windows has got the environment running.

IOW, go to START -> RUN and type in that %programfiles%... string exactly and see if it start/runs/stays running.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2013   #3
AhmedBarca

Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Operating System
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JimLewandowski View Post
Semi-suspiciously, that entry has %programfiles% rather than a hard-coded path ("C:....") as the other entries have. I don't know where/when those % symbolic variables get set but maybe they get set after Windows has got the environment running.

IOW, go to START -> RUN and type in that %programfiles%... string exactly and see if it start/runs/stays running.
Thanks for your reply.

I've tried it and this message appeared.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Feb 2013   #4
JimLewandowski

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AhmedBarca View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JimLewandowski View Post
Semi-suspiciously, that entry has %programfiles% rather than a hard-coded path ("C:....") as the other entries have. I don't know where/when those % symbolic variables get set but maybe they get set after Windows has got the environment running.

IOW, go to START -> RUN and type in that %programfiles%... string exactly and see if it start/runs/stays running.
Thanks for your reply.

I've tried it and this message appeared.


So, from START and then the RUN box, you typed (or cut/pasted):

%programfiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

exactly and you then got that popup? Seems the %programfiles% environment variable isn't being set correctly or is being overridden somewhere. Are you running 32 or 64-bit Windows 7?

Regardless, change the STARTUP to hard-code/duplicate the C:\Program Files\....rest of the path so you can't go wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2013   #5
AhmedBarca

Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Operating System
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JimLewandowski View Post
So, from START and then the RUN box, you typed (or cut/pasted):

%programfiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

exactly and you then got that popup? Seems the %programfiles% environment variable isn't being set correctly or is being overridden somewhere. Are you running 32 or 64-bit Windows 7?

Regardless, change the STARTUP to hard-code/duplicate the C:\Program Files\....rest of the path so you can't go wrong.
I'm actually using windows 7 64-bit. I've tried it and restarted my computer, but the problem is still there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2013   #6
JimLewandowski

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AhmedBarca View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JimLewandowski View Post
So, from START and then the RUN box, you typed (or cut/pasted):

%programfiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

exactly and you then got that popup? Seems the %programfiles% environment variable isn't being set correctly or is being overridden somewhere. Are you running 32 or 64-bit Windows 7?

Regardless, change the STARTUP to hard-code/duplicate the C:\Program Files\....rest of the path so you can't go wrong.
I'm actually using windows 7 64-bit. I've tried it and restarted my computer, but the problem is still there.
Start > RUN and put in the C:\Program Files\Syn............... command to see if it runs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2013   #7
AhmedBarca

Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Operating System
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JimLewandowski View Post
Start > RUN and put in the C:\Program Files\Syn............... command to see if it runs.
It opened, and it appears in Windows Task Manager. But still, when I open my computer it won't open unless I open it manually.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2013   #8
gregrocker

 

None of those items need to startup with Windows so I would uncheck them all. You'll need to first open HP Wireless to choose "Use independent wireless" to turn it off so you can configure Win7's superior built-in wireless. All of the HP utlities are crapware versions of better utilties built into Win7 which throttle and corrupt Win7.

Then in Control Panel>Programs and Features Uninstall the touchpad software and reboot. See if you have the features you need with the driver Win7 installs. If not import the driver software from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your model PC.

You have HP preinstalled Win7 which is the worst possible Win7 install. At the bare minimum you should Clean Up Factory Bloatware
but most tech enthusiasts won't run such a corrupt install but instead Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SynTPEnh.exe won't open in startup




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Recovery Window is Open at Every Startup
Win 7 64 Ultimate Every time I start my system a Recovery window is open. The only item in the window is ReAgent.xml. System seems to run OK. Is this significant? How can I get rid of the window? Thanks much
General Discussion
Random power off, suspected cause: SynTPEnh.exe
Hello again SF! Recently, I have been encountering random poweroffs when playing ROBLOX. The problem started when I entered a Roblox Derby place. I tried to respawn a vehicle, then the screen went back. Suddenly, the laptop turned off. When I turned it back on, it didn't realise that the computer...
Drivers
Can I safely remove SynTPEnh.exe & RAVCpl64.exe -s from startup?
I found SynTPEnh.exe & RAVCpl64.exe -s in my startup, using Ccleaner. Can I safely remove these startup entries? May I also safely un-tick the Google Update Service, service. The Macrium reflect Image Mountaing Service, service. And the Team viewers 6, service? thank you :geek:
Performance & Maintenance
only windows 7 libraries open at startup
hopefully i am posting this at the right place.... i really need help whenever i boot windows 7 it starts up normally till the desktop theres no desktop when it starts instead the windows 7 libraries open - and thats it... i have to manually start explorer.exe from task manager even though...
BSOD Help and Support
Automatically Open VPN Connection on Startup
In pre-Windows 7 versions of Windows, I was able to setup a VPN connection in Networking and Sharing in the control panel and add a shortcut to that connection in the "Startup" folder. This allowed the VPN connection to connect automatically on startup. But now, I have tried all methods...
Network & Sharing
Modifying programs that open at startup
How do I? It may seem like a noob question, but I can't find any way to.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App