|26 Feb 2013||#1|
| || |
Random popup, just "Administrator Privileges are Required"?
My daughter's laptop has Windows 7 on it, and there's a weird issue. All the damn time, it seems, she gets this little popup box that just says "Administrator privileges are required". and that's it, with just an OK button underneath. What the hell is that and how can I find out what program launched it?
Now, one problem is that she's always looking for Minecraft mods and as such keeps stumbling onto pages that install stupid toolbars and stuff (which I keep cleaning out), but I have zero idea what this popup is about.
Thanks in advance.
|My System Specs|
|26 Feb 2013||#2|
| || |
Please share some more details pertaining to the issue for a better understanding:
- When does the 'popup' occur? Does launching any application trigger it? Or it comes up by itself?
- What type of 'User account' is being used by your daughter? Is it a 'standard account' or an 'administrator account': User accounts: frequently asked questions?
- Does the 'popup message' ask for a 'password' also? What happens when you click 'OK'? Please share a screenshot of the 'pop-up' that is observed; should be helpful.
- Which 'anti-virus' is installed in the system? Is it updated and have you tried running a security scan?
- If a third party security software is in use, would suggest you to try installing 'Microsoft Security Essentials' and recheck results. (Please remove the currently installed security software before installing Microsoft Security Essentials'
- Unplug all 'external peripheral devices' and check if the popup re-appears (if it appears by itself)
- Also share if you've observed any 'error message' or 'abnormality' in the system performance apart from this popup
A similar message may result from the 'User Access Control', which is a built-in security feature in 'Windows': What is User Account Control?
Do reply with the finding; will take it forward from there.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Random popup, just "Administrator Privileges are Required"?|
|Run "cmd.exe" as a given user and "as administrator" in command line||General Discussion|
|Disable popup "Do you want to scan and fix remov.device""? 2 methods?||Hardware & Devices|
|Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs||BSOD Help and Support|
|Password required instead of clicking " yes ' ot " continue "||System Security|
|Disabling "additional information is needed to connect" popup balloon||Network & Sharing|
|I've been demoted "need administrator privileges"||General Discussion|
|Q: "Run as Administrator" privileges?||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.