Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is this nice for a beginner system build with lots of horsepower?

16 Mar 2013   #21
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

I would save up to be able to buy it all at once to be honest.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Mar 2013   #22
sisrace

 

Ok will do that. A thing i have been wondering, is this computer futureproof or will it be like my old comp thats so bad compared to the new ones for the same prize that its laughable? The comp is 3 years and is used out. Thats why i whant this comp to hold for like 4-5 years
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2013   #23
sisrace

 

Oh the ati 7950 is said to be like "top of the line" card. It will be able to play the more grapics intensive games even 3years from now? Mahbe not on ultra settngs but pretty much?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Mar 2013   #24
sisrace

 

Hmm i have been thinking. Should i get a gtx 660ti or higher. A obe thats the same prize or less than the 7950. Wich is the best? I am really not a fanboy of anything of those companies. Choosed a ati radeon becouse linus tecktips said he whhould get a 7950 if he where going to get a gpu for his build...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2013   #25
sisrace

 

Now i came into another problem. What should i choose for windows? Considering a win 8 but i heard its best for laptops and tablets. And if i should choose win7 or win8 should i choose retail or oem? Can you upgrade cpu, gpu, motherboard, with oem or do you need retail? Im not considering to move the win 7 if i should it would be another version of windows comming out probably..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2013   #26
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sisrace View Post
Ok will do that. A thing i have been wondering, is this computer futureproof or will it be like my old comp thats so bad compared to the new ones for the same prize that its laughable? The comp is 3 years and is used out. Thats why i whant this comp to hold for like 4-5 years
Regarding future proofing in my opinion it's the area of the case, psu that are the underpinnings of a great system and if purchased properly can and should be used time and time again. Then you look at the other internal components and it gets more challenging. The mobo should be able to take an upgraded chip at a later date to a point, the ram as well unless all slots are filled can either be replaced with higher performing ram, more ram or both (please use only matching sticks). For a gamer such as yourself the GPU will last a while but if I see a upgrade bug later it will be the GPU, but that being said the one you've selected will excel for several years. So I say spend and get a great high capacity modular PSU, get a great case with space for cooling a wicked dual GPU set up, get quality fans for cool and quiet operation. The rest will be changed out several times to those core components, just like you re-using the optical drive and say a HDD a quality purchase today will save you money down the road. That's my take on future proofing.......your mileage may vary ! lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2013   #27
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sisrace View Post
Ok will do that. A thing i have been wondering, is this computer futureproof or will it be like my old comp thats so bad compared to the new ones for the same prize that its laughable? The comp is 3 years and is used out. Thats why i whant this comp to hold for like 4-5 years
Regarding future proofing in my opinion it's the area of the case, psu that are the underpinnings of a great system and if purchased properly can and should be used time and time again. Then you look at the other internal components and it gets more challenging. The mobo should be able to take an upgraded chip at a later date to a point, the ram as well unless all slots are filled can either be replaced with higher performing ram, more ram or both (please use only matching sticks). For a gamer such as yourself the GPU will last a while but if I see a upgrade bug later it will be the GPU, but that being said the one you've selected will excel for several years. So I say spend and get a great high capacity modular PSU, get a great case with space for cooling a wicked dual GPU set up, get quality fans for cool and quiet operation. The rest will be changed out several times to those core components, just like you re-using the optical drive and say a HDD a quality purchase today will save you money down the road. That's my take on future proofing.......your mileage may vary ! lol


Is it really worth buying a really expensive high quality psu with like 650watts? Becouse me personally just take a cheap halfmodular psu and dont really care too much..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2013   #28
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Well the PSU is the engine that drives the system and many issues surrounding poor performance or failure are PSU related. The PSU is the amplifier to the rig and just like a quality audio system the cleaner and more powerful amplifier will run cooler and have residual headroom for peaks in performance. Another fact is that they lose output power gradually over time. The difference now going from say 500w to 800 is cheap insurance.......IMHO !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2013   #29
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Well the PSU is the engine that drives the system and many issues surrounding poor performance or failure are PSU related. The PSU is the amplifier to the rig and just like a quality audio system the cleaner and more powerful amplifier will run cooler and have residual headroom for peaks in performance. Another fact is that they lose output power gradually over time. The difference now going from say 500w to 800 is cheap insurance.......IMHO !


Is the psu ive choosent good or should i choose something better and if what should i use? Please say wich psu you think is good. But keep in mind i dont have all the money in the world.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2013   #30
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

The PSU you've spec'd is a very good unit and this discussion could only drive you to a bit more power and a higher rating like a Sliver, Gold or Platinum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is this nice for a beginner system build with lots of horsepower?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Lookin to build myself a nice machine for $1500 ADVICE PLEASE
Hello. I am pretty new to this forum, but I greatly respect the members advice here. I am looking to put together a PC for myself for around $1500 including an OS. The PC will be used mostly for entertainment purposes. Some gaming, though I am not a heavy gamer. I would like to play Skyrim,...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Jaguar’s prototype C-X75 boasts a 502-horsepower inline four-banger
http://i39.tinypic.com/mr3fk8.jpg Source A Guy
Chillout Room
Lots of problems with new PC build - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - STOP 7E
Stop 7e code I received an Asus P8Z77-V Premium a week ago and I have been trying to get everything working but I am running into more and more problems and things seem to be going backwards at a fair rate of knots. I've done two windows 7 x64 ultimate installs over the past week, the first...
BSOD Help and Support
lots of BSOD messages since system rebuild
hi, I'm hoping one of your clever people might be able to help with a number of different BSOD stop screens since reinstalling Windows 7 64bit pro. I've been getting a number of different messages appear (irq not less or equal, memory manager, error in non paged area), but i can't work out...
BSOD Help and Support
System Hiccups when transfering lots of small files
Hello guys, I'm a newcomer to the forums, but I've been having a problem that's been plaguing me for a long time. Whenever I am transferring a large number of small files of maybe when I am installing a game, for example, my system starts hiccuping and fulfilling simply tasks such as opening...
General Discussion
Lots of BSOD & Hungup - Lots of Event17 WHEA-Logger
Hello everyone I've been getting this error again and again, and my computer is hungup or BSOD after awail...:mad: Do you know what can I do to fix it? Or what the problem is?? Thank you!! Asrock X58 Supercomputer bios 3.10 i7 920 (bloomfield) @2.67ghz -1.128vol.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:55.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App