Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: High RAM Usage at idle

10 Oct 2009   #1
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
High RAM Usage at idle

For some reason I have 2GB (out of 4GB) of RAM being and my laptop is slow in general. Even typing this it's lagging.

I take it this could be a virus?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Oct 2009   #2
Mercurial

Windows 7 32bit RTM
 
 

or you're antivirus... LOL

can you post a list of softwares you installed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #3
logicearth

Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)
 
 

Probably is cause just having stuff in your RAM would not slow down your computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Oct 2009   #4
Antman

 

Post screen shots of Task Manager processes and performance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
For some reason I have 2GB (out of 4GB) of RAM being and my laptop is slow in general. Even typing this it's lagging.

I take it this could be a virus?

Could be a virus but probably not. take a screenshot of Taskmanager with the apps showing and upload it to us.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #6
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Managed to find out what it was. I had Adobe Coldfusion 9 installed and it has a process called jrun.exe and a few other java programs that were using over 700MB of RAM. I've uninstalled it now and it's running well.

Thanks for the replies though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #7
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Managed to find out what it was. I had Adobe Coldfusion 9 installed and it has a process called jrun.exe and a few other java programs that were using over 700MB of RAM. I've uninstalled it now and it's running well.

Thanks for the replies though.
"Thanks for the replies though" does not apply.

It would be more appropriate to say something like -

"Using Task Manager/Process Explorer, I determined that the problem was X. I found this before reading your replies, which were spot on."

Or something like that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #8
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Managed to find out what it was. I had Adobe Coldfusion 9 installed and it has a process called jrun.exe and a few other java programs that were using over 700MB of RAM. I've uninstalled it now and it's running well.

Thanks for the replies though.
"Thanks for the replies though" does not apply.

It would be more appropriate to say something like -

"Using Task Manager/Process Explorer, I determined that the problem was X. I found this before reading your replies, which were spot on."

Or something like that.


Ok...

I was just being polite though by saying thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #9
Antman

 

Maybe it is the separation of a common language. Placing 'though' at the end of the sentence modifies the meaning of the sentence.

Thanks for the replies, though I did not need them.

Which, in turn means, Thank you for wasting your time.

I know, I am providing an example of what may appear to be an over-reaction. Perhaps.

Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #10
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

...Cheers, though
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 High RAM Usage at idle




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
CPU usage high at idle
Hi all, I've got a problem with my PC - I've searched high and low but can't find a solution - any help would be really appreciated. When it's idle I noticed that my CPU usage was hovering around the 20% mark (I only noticed as I could hear my CPU fan speed up). As soon as I move the...
Performance & Maintenance
HDD usage very high even on idle
It appears my HDD usage is very high even on idle. What information do I need to provide in order to receive help?
Performance & Maintenance
Very high CPU usage, causing very high laptop CPU temps (90c idle)
This problem began yesterday. I noticed my CPU was at 90C constantly with very high CPU usage (>50%). I had no major programs running. I rebooted several times and the program persisted. 1. I went into safe mode and everything was normal. So this rules out hardware issues. 2. I reformatted and...
Performance & Maintenance
CPU Usage High at idle...Please Help..
Hello Everyone, Firstly, please forgive me if any of the below requests are ignorant, I am new to the world of troubleshooting Windows 7 this thoroughly. Overview: I have had a perpetual issue with CPU Usage and have tried several different methods of eradicating the issue without much...
Performance & Maintenance
Cpu usage high even when cpu is idle
Hey can anyone help me i thought formatting would help ..i changed my psu even that didnt help.i use windows7 ultimate..even when my system is idle the CPU utilization is 60% when i run additional programs the system restarts...i tried killing processes which occupied high cpu but some other...
BSOD Help and Support
High RAM Usage At Idle 80% on Nothing
my ram usage is sky high on nothing have 6gig W7 if u need me to download and post anything pls just ask so i can fix the problem. i uploaded my Task manager Processes, Performance and Resource Monitor memory.
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App