i would like to share / discuss an alternative method to move all folders and subfolders of your user home directory from the system partition to a new one.
here's what i did:
- clean install of windows 7 rc1 to a new 40gb partition on a new 250gb hdd and leave the rest unalocated
- enabling the windows buildin administrator account
- login as administrator
- rename c:\users\[user_name] to c:\users\[user_name_orig]
- create an empty folder c:\users\[user_name]
- create a new ntfs volume and mount it to c:\users\[user_name]
- use robocopy in windows cmdline like this:
robocopy c:\users\[user_name_orig] c:\users\[user_name] /COPYALL /E /R:0
- login as [user_name]
- if everithing works as expected, delete c:\users\[user_name_orig]
- proceed with costumization, installation of apps, and so on ...
awaiting your comments & suggestions