I'm posting this although there have been quite a few past postings on the same topic - but nothing recent. And, many of the discussions don't seem to focus on how to repair the problem. And my searching of other forums has found no recent reports of this problem.
Several days ago, I saw (in Task Manager) that process WmiPrvSE.exe was constantly the #2 CPU use process, using between 10 and 30% of CPU.
I restored the OS (Windows 7 SP1) to several days back before I had installed the regular Tuesday MS security fixes.
The problem was gone. Then, I reinstalled each security update and watched Task Manager. Everything was fine. Then, after a day or so, I was doing to relatively heavy surfing in Firefox (20.0.2) and suddenly, there it was again - hogging CPU.
Now, I did another restore, and the bad security update (282332) was gone from my list of installed updates, but WmiPrvSE was still out of control.
I'm going to keep working on this but if you think you can help or, better yet, KNOW of what the problem is....please let me know, here!