Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can I disable Application Service experience since problems?

16 Apr 2013   #1

Windows 7 Professional
 
 
Can I disable Application Service experience since problems?

Hello

Everyday when I notice my wireless has great strength signal BUT it would not connect to websites so I went into the event viewer and seen this information "The application Service experience has entered stop state".


The wireless will work again Once this information appears "The application application experience Service enters running state" Wireless connection works

I would like to know if I can disable it since its somehow interfering with my wireless connection and I've searched online and it seems some people are having the same problem so I would like to know what I should do. I'm running windows 7 professional and not using Windows server so I don't mind disabling anything to do with the server

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Apr 2013   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Hi John.

Did you install anything prior to this? Even updates on your pc? Such as driver, hardware insatall?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

Looks like it could cause some problems, click on Windows 7 tab when you get to link:
Quote:
Additional Information

This service is started upon system boot, but shortly after, it stops if not used.
Currently, a bug may exist with this service disabled. The action I was able to duplicate is:

Source: Application Experience | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com
Black Viperís Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Apr 2013   #4

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by benjy206 View Post
Hi John.

Did you install anything prior to this? Even updates on your pc? Such as driver, hardware insatall?

I installed most of my updates via Windows update and my drivers are from Dell. I did try doing a clean install but I'm not sure where the problem is coming from
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #5

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Looks like it could cause some problems, click on Windows 7 tab when you get to link:
Quote:
Additional Information

This service is started upon system boot, but shortly after, it stops if not used.
Currently, a bug may exist with this service disabled. The action I was able to duplicate is:

Source: Application Experience | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com
Black Viperís Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

Would you know what is causing this issue since if disabling just creates more issues then I can't really think what to do as when the service stops I can't access to websites until it is in "Running state"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Maybe you can just do a system restore? System Restore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by John16 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by benjy206 View Post
Hi John.

Did you install anything prior to this? Even updates on your pc? Such as driver, hardware insatall?

I installed most of my updates via Windows update and my drivers are from Dell. I did try doing a clean install but I'm not sure where the problem is coming from

Do you have your version of 7 updated to SP1?

We need more information, please update your System Specs .

Are you running any legacy programs? You may have to update them or re-install under Compatibility Mode

Quote:
Older ďnon-Vista or Windows 7 compatibleĒ programs may need this service running. Turning off this feature may increase over all application responsiveness at launch time (due to avoiding the database look up), however, it will not fix application installation issues.

Source: Application Experience | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com
Consider:
There may be an older program shutting down causing the Application Experience (AE) to stop, then when you call for wi-fi there is a delay because the Service isn't running.

~~~

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by John16 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Looks like it could cause some problems, click on Windows 7 tab when you get to link:
Quote:
Additional Information

This service is started upon system boot, but shortly after, it stops if not used.
Currently, a bug may exist with this service disabled. The action I was able to duplicate is:

Source: Application Experience | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com
Black Viperís Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

Would you know what is causing this issue since if disabling just creates more issues then I can't really think what to do as when the service stops I can't access to websites until it is in "Running state"
Not without further investigation.

As I see it, "What's the harm in trying all the settings?" There are four of them.
BViper calls for a straight Manual setting, that means it will/should start whenever a program calls for it.

But. Try the others you won't hurt anything. Start with Automatic, keep in mind, you're looking for the setting that keeps your wi-fi alert.

Use this: Services - Start or Disable to learn how to change that setting.


When was the last time you preformed any system maintenance, AV scans, cleaned out all detritus? Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #8

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by benjy206 View Post
Maybe you can just do a system restore? System Restore

I don't think system restore will help it since I have done a clean installation and it would take me a long time to uninstall/install 1 update at a time which I'm not sure if its something to do with windows update
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #9

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by John16 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by benjy206 View Post
Hi John.

Did you install anything prior to this? Even updates on your pc? Such as driver, hardware insatall?

I installed most of my updates via Windows update and my drivers are from Dell. I did try doing a clean install but I'm not sure where the problem is coming from

Do you have your version of 7 updated to SP1?

We need more information, please update your System Specs .

Are you running any legacy programs? You may have to update them or re-install under Compatibility Mode

Consider:
There may be an older program shutting down causing the Application Experience (AE) to stop, then when you call for wi-fi there is a delay because the Service isn't running.

~~~

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by John16 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Looks like it could cause some problems, click on Windows 7 tab when you get to link:
Black Viperís Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

Would you know what is causing this issue since if disabling just creates more issues then I can't really think what to do as when the service stops I can't access to websites until it is in "Running state"
Not without further investigation.

As I see it, "What's the harm in trying all the settings?" There are four of them.
BViper calls for a straight Manual setting, that means it will/should start whenever a program calls for it.

But. Try the others you won't hurt anything. Start with Automatic, keep in mind, you're looking for the setting that keeps your wi-fi alert.

Use this: Services - Start or Disable to learn how to change that setting.


When was the last time you preformed any system maintenance, AV scans, cleaned out all detritus? Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
I will upload it 2morrow and I have Windows 7 professional SP1 installed but I'm guessing there some Server software conflicts (Which I do not use server)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2013   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

Wasn't sure if this required an answer or not, but since waiting for your updated profile....

As I see it, Windows Server is integrated with .NET 3.5 up to v.4 now, which in turn is integrated into Windows 7.
And in order for it all to work well together the OS has to be adjusted evenly with system updates from time to time.

I'm going to ask for more help. I tried looking in the tutorial section for a tool to see if your updates are current with cross-referencing your system against MS's know database, but I couldn't find it, and I can't think of it right now.

I'd be like running an audit through Speccy or Belarc. You would have to update manually, but then that's a tricky road to go down, what do I need or don't need?

I'll ask if there is an easier way..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can I disable Application Service experience since problems?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Can I disable Application Service experience since problems?
Thread Forum
Application Experience causing my screen to random flash? General Discussion
GPO blocking application traffic w/Firewall service stopped System Security
Bonjour Service, Event 100 Application Error BSOD Help and Support
Solved Starting a specific service when opening an application Performance & Maintenance
Application Experience Killing Internet Network & Sharing
Disable an application's recent list General Discussion
Disable EFS service General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33