Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help please!!!

02 May 2013   #11
Dsprague

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit ,Windows 8 64bit
 
 

Unless you have your files backed up a clean install like you are describing wipes the drive by formatting it prior to the new install, I'm not sure why you thought doing a clean install of windows would install java? but there's not much that can be done unless you have a back up image of your OS, or a backup of the files that you need.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 May 2013   #12
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Hi Tortonas, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please you need to explain your issue a bit more. I really do not understand what's the problem.

Kari
Okay, first, i wanted java so i downloaded a clean version of the internet because i thought i would get java.
Download is done, the program sent old files as windows.old to my computer and now my laptop looks like shit, its as if vista and xp had a baby and the drivers dont work so i cant have internet and i cant do anything.
I dont have any backups except these old files
Did you do an upgrade install (from within win7)? Or did you boot from dvd and installed win7?

You have a folder called windows.old so I think you did an upgrade install. Correct?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #13
Tortonas

64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Hi Tortonas, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please you need to explain your issue a bit more. I really do not understand what's the problem.

Kari
Okay, first, i wanted java so i downloaded a clean version of the internet because i thought i would get java.
Download is done, the program sent old files as windows.old to my computer and now my laptop looks like shit, its as if vista and xp had a baby and the drivers dont work so i cant have internet and i cant do anything.
I dont have any backups except these old files
Did you do an upgrade install (from within win7)? Or did you boot from dvd and installed win7?
I downloaded win 7 from the internet and used a program to put it in a usb instead of a disk and i ran it, downloaded it and now it sucks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 May 2013   #14
Tortonas

64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
WIN 7 How to undo a clean WIN 7 install?

Win 7 home premium
Service pack 1
Intel core i3 CPU M380 @ 2.53GHz
4 gb
64 bit operating system

Story
I had no Java and couldn't install it because of something so i thought : ''What if i did a clean install so i could install Java properly and all my other stuff.
My laptop looked good, high graphics, lotsa games and other stuff, i searched how to do a clean install without a disk and i found it.
I downloaded the files and the program to download it with an usb, after a while it was done and it was awful!
WIN XP-like graphics, slow as **** and my drivers weren't working so i got no internet, i searched on my Iphone for help and posted a thread here ( you can delete that other thread ).
I have no back ups, i only have some old files but i don't know what to do with them.
THE ONLY QUESTION IS : HOW DO I UNDO THE CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT A DISK, BACK UP OR SOMETHING?
I DO HAVE THE OLD FILES!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #15
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
THE ONLY QUESTION IS : HOW DO I UNDO THE CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT A DISK, BACK UP OR SOMETHING?
I DO HAVE THE OLD FILES!
Note   Note
Please do not take this in any other way than what it is: a subjective personal opinion from another member:

This will be my last post responding you because I really dislike your style. Swearing and yelling here where people are voluntarily trying to help you is arrogant, impolite and naive.

As a "parting gift" I will give you this link: Windows.old folder - Restore into a new installation

Before you start the procedure described in that tutorial, you really need calm down.

Good bye.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #16
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
Win 7 home premium
Service pack 1
Intel core i3 CPU M380 @ 2.53GHz
4 gb
64 bit operating system

Story
I had no Java and couldn't install it because of something so i thought : ''What if i did a clean install so i could install Java properly and all my other stuff.
My laptop looked good, high graphics, lotsa games and other stuff, i searched how to do a clean install without a disk and i found it.
I downloaded the files and the program to download it with an usb, after a while it was done and it was awful!
WIN XP-like graphics, slow as **** and my drivers weren't working so i got no internet, i searched on my Iphone for help and posted a thread here ( you can delete that other thread ).
I have no back ups, i only have some old files but i don't know what to do with them.
THE ONLY QUESTION IS : HOW DO I UNDO THE CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT A DISK, BACK UP OR SOMETHING?
I DO HAVE THE OLD FILES!
After a clean install YOU DON'T have a windows.old folder!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #17
Tortonas

64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
THE ONLY QUESTION IS : HOW DO I UNDO THE CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT A DISK, BACK UP OR SOMETHING?
I DO HAVE THE OLD FILES!
Note   Note
Please do not take this in any other way than what it is: a subjective personal opinion from another member:

This will be my last post responding you because I really dislike your style. Swearing and yelling here where people are voluntarily trying to help you is arrogant, impolite and naive.

As a "parting gift" I will give you this link: Windows.old folder - Restore into a new installation

Before you start the procedure described in that tutorial, you really need calm down.

Good bye.

Kari
Well, I'm sorry but i just panicked because i broke my laptop and i couldn't do anything
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #18
Tortonas

64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
Win 7 home premium
Service pack 1
Intel core i3 CPU M380 @ 2.53GHz
4 gb
64 bit operating system

Story
I had no Java and couldn't install it because of something so i thought : ''What if i did a clean install so i could install Java properly and all my other stuff.
My laptop looked good, high graphics, lotsa games and other stuff, i searched how to do a clean install without a disk and i found it.
I downloaded the files and the program to download it with an usb, after a while it was done and it was awful!
WIN XP-like graphics, slow as **** and my drivers weren't working so i got no internet, i searched on my Iphone for help and posted a thread here ( you can delete that other thread ).
I have no back ups, i only have some old files but i don't know what to do with them.
THE ONLY QUESTION IS : HOW DO I UNDO THE CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT A DISK, BACK UP OR SOMETHING?
I DO HAVE THE OLD FILES!
After a clean install YOU DON'T have a windows.old folder!
I do have a windows old folder, but i merged it with the new windows folder and replaced all the things that needed to be replaced
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #19
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
Win 7 home premium
Service pack 1
Intel core i3 CPU M380 @ 2.53GHz
4 gb
64 bit operating system

Story
I had no Java and couldn't install it because of something so i thought : ''What if i did a clean install so i could install Java properly and all my other stuff.
My laptop looked good, high graphics, lotsa games and other stuff, i searched how to do a clean install without a disk and i found it.
I downloaded the files and the program to download it with an usb, after a while it was done and it was awful!
WIN XP-like graphics, slow as **** and my drivers weren't working so i got no internet, i searched on my Iphone for help and posted a thread here ( you can delete that other thread ).
I have no back ups, i only have some old files but i don't know what to do with them.
THE ONLY QUESTION IS : HOW DO I UNDO THE CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT A DISK, BACK UP OR SOMETHING?
I DO HAVE THE OLD FILES!
After a clean install YOU DON'T have a windows.old folder!
I do have a windows old folder, but i merged it with the new windows folder and replaced all the things that needed to be replaced
You can't do that in win7 itself!! Most files are locked. What laptop is it?
Please help us to help you by filling in your System Specs (see How to - System Specs).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #20
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tortonas View Post
Win 7 home premium
Service pack 1
Intel core i3 CPU M380 @ 2.53GHz
4 gb
64 bit operating system

Story
I had no Java and couldn't install it because of something so i thought : ''What if i did a clean install so i could install Java properly and all my other stuff.
My laptop looked good, high graphics, lotsa games and other stuff, i searched how to do a clean install without a disk and i found it.
I downloaded the files and the program to download it with an usb, after a while it was done and it was awful!
WIN XP-like graphics, slow as **** and my drivers weren't working so i got no internet, i searched on my Iphone for help and posted a thread here ( you can delete that other thread ).
I have no back ups, i only have some old files but i don't know what to do with them.
THE ONLY QUESTION IS : HOW DO I UNDO THE CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT A DISK, BACK UP OR SOMETHING?
I DO HAVE THE OLD FILES!
After a clean install YOU DON'T have a windows.old folder!
I do have a windows old folder, but i merged it with the new windows folder and replaced all the things that needed to be replaced
Did you move all files from windows.old to windows? Not a smart thing to do... at least not in this case now. Are some (or all) applications you had before still working (or visible on desktop)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help please!!!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App