Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Sudden Freezes with no mouse movement with buzzing sound.

12 May 2013   #1
xHellghostx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit
 
 
Sudden Freezes with no mouse movement with buzzing sound.

So I am having this problem for a while now.. Every time I play a game like Minecraft or Borderlands 2 my computer freezes without having the ability to move the mouse or anything else.. I can't use the task manager or lock the screen.. It's a complete freeze.. And it happened once when I was listening to music without opening anything else, I seen that case before but not with PCs I seen it with Playstation 1 when a game doesn't work properly.. I doubt there is a dump file since it's not being able to save anything after the freeze.. It happened more than once about 6 times.. I would like to know what is wrong with it, I asked few people and they said it might be a memory leak, but I don't believe this is the case.

P.S my windows 7 is a dual boot with Ubuntu 12.10 using WUBI (I don't think it's the reason since my laptop is the same settings)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 May 2013   #2
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xHellghostx View Post
So I am having this problem for a while now.. Every time I play a game like Minecraft or Borderlands 2 my computer freezes without having the ability to move the mouse or anything else.. I can't use the task manager or lock the screen.. It's a complete freeze.. And it happened once when I was listening to music without opening anything else, I seen that case before but not with PCs I seen it with Playstation 1 when a game doesn't work properly.. I doubt there is a dump file since it's not being able to save anything after the freeze.. It happened more than once about 6 times.. I would like to know what is wrong with it, I asked few people and they said it might be a memory leak, but I don't believe this is the case.

P.S my windows 7 is a dual boot with Ubuntu 12.10 using WUBI (I don't think it's the reason since my laptop is the same settings)
Hi xHellghostx,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please check a similar post which should help you resolve this issue:

Windows 7 Computer Freezes Randomly

Hope it helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #3
xHellghostx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SandeepP View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xHellghostx View Post
So I am having this problem for a while now.. Every time I play a game like Minecraft or Borderlands 2 my computer freezes without having the ability to move the mouse or anything else.. I can't use the task manager or lock the screen.. It's a complete freeze.. And it happened once when I was listening to music without opening anything else, I seen that case before but not with PCs I seen it with Playstation 1 when a game doesn't work properly.. I doubt there is a dump file since it's not being able to save anything after the freeze.. It happened more than once about 6 times.. I would like to know what is wrong with it, I asked few people and they said it might be a memory leak, but I don't believe this is the case.

P.S my windows 7 is a dual boot with Ubuntu 12.10 using WUBI (I don't think it's the reason since my laptop is the same settings)
Hi xHellghostx,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please check a similar post which should help you resolve this issue:

Windows 7 Computer Freezes Randomly

Hope it helps.
No that didn't help.. My case is different from the others.. Please post only if you have a real answer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 May 2013   #4
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Hi xHellghostx,

We truly regret if the above link was not useful. However, we were trying to assist you in getting this issue resolved.

Does this issue also occurs in UBUNTU, as it would isolate if the issue is related to OS or any specific hardware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2013   #5
xHellghostx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit
 
 

Yes it happened in Ubuntu twice.. So it is not the OS problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2013   #6
carwiz

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

What's the size of you WDC Green drive? Is the same drive installed in your other system? These drives aren't particularly fast and they're slow to wake up. (The firmware provides for spin-down and sleep modes.) They're ok for data drives but don't make good system drives. Are there any hardware problems showing up in the System Event Log?

I don't have a "real answer" just yet but keep your cool.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2013   #7
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xHellghostx View Post
Yes it happened in Ubuntu twice.. So it is not the OS problem.

Hi xHellghostx,

As it happening in both OS, it is seems to be the hardware issue. It would be better if you run hardware diagnostics on the system.

Also, check the system on one RAM at a time to isolate if any of the RAM module is causing this issue.

Hope it helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sudden Freezes with no mouse movement with buzzing sound.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Mouse intermittently freezes - port disconnect/connect sound sometimes
Win 7 Ult 64 asus p8 p67 pro rev 3.1 i5 2500k @ 3.6ghz 16 GB ram 1866 This started just yesterday, but is recurring incessantly since then. Wired usb Logitech G400 mouse intermittently freezes, for periods that vary between a half second, and 7 seconds - and on the longer freezes, windows...
Hardware & Devices
Laptop: Screen freezes followed by a buzzing sound during gameplay
Hey guys. I've been having this problem on and off and with various games now. At some point during playing a game, my laptop will freeze and make a buzzing sound through the speakers/headphones. I have a Dell XPS L501x laptop with Windows 7 64bit on it. I have an Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU with...
BSOD Help and Support
Computer randomly freezes with buzzing sound.
I was told to repost the thread here since the problem doesn't actually have to do with audio, even though I do not get any actual BSODs. Thanks ahead of time for any help.
BSOD Help and Support
Computer randomly freezes with buzzing sound.
I don't know if this actually belongs here, so forgive me. Since the past couple of months, my computer freezes at completely random times. However, at every instance it froze, there was always some kind of sound being played, and when it DOES freeze, a buzzing sound comes from the speakers....
Sound & Audio
Computer Freezes w/ mouse movement
My computer has been freezing periodically. It allows my mouse to keep moving, but when I click on things nothing happens. After 4-5 minutes it will start working again and run through all the actions I had done during the freeze.
BSOD Help and Support
Win7 build 7600+Left 4 Dead freezes&makes buzzing sound
About half hour/hour into my online game of L4D on VS mode my game freezes up and makes a constant buzzing sound? And I have to manually hold the power button on the comp to reboot and during boot it asks to start windows normally or last known good config. Anyone have any trouble like this?...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App