Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: CMD

10 Jun 2013   #1
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 
CMD

Hi all,

What those three windows means each one?

Thanks.




Attached Thumbnails
CMD-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jun 2013   #2
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Those are standard cmd windows. Looks like you opened cmd 3 times.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2013   #3
x BlueRobot

 

Two of the CMD prompts look like you clicked and opened twice, and the one with the System32, seems to be when launched a elevated command prompt with administrative privileges.

Here's my Standard Command Prompt when I just launch the Command Prompt normally:

CMD-standardcmd.jpg

Here is when I launch a Elevated Command Prompt which has Administrative Privileges:

CMD-admincmd.jpg

I get a UAC prompt when I launch a Elevated Command Prompt, did you?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jun 2013   #4
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
Two of the CMD prompts look like you clicked and opened twice, and the one with the System32, seems to be when launched a elevated command prompt with administrative privileges.

Here's my Standard Command Prompt when I just launch the Command Prompt normally:

Attachment 272040

Here is when I launch a Elevated Command Prompt which has Administrative Privileges:

Attachment 272041

I get a UAC prompt when I launch a Elevated Command Prompt, did you?
UAC!?

I think no.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2013   #5
VistaKing

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

UAC is User Access Control . You click on Yes to continue .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2013   #6
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing View Post
UAC is User Access Control . You click on Yes to continue .
OW, OK. No, I decreased it's level to lowest level. So it never asks me anymore.
Thank you all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2013   #7
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing View Post
UAC is User Access Control . You click on Yes to continue .
OW, OK. No, I decreased it's level to lowest level. So it never asks me anymore.
Thank you all.
Then to protect your system I would strongly recommend tht you set the UAC back to the default setting. It is there to protect you. Why have you set it to minimum protection?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2013   #8
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

I hate that pop up window asks me anytime I want to run or do some important thing. When my Windows defender is up to date and also my Kaspersky Internet security is so and I'm cautious for my Web surfing and for almost everything as well, I don't think that bothering UAC windows be needed. You don't think so!?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2013   #9
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by khoshtipi View Post
I hate that pop up window asks me anytime I want to run or do some important thing. When my Windows defender is up to date and also my Kaspersky Internet security is so and I'm cautious for my Web surfing and for almost everything as well, I don't think that bothering UAC windows be needed. You don't think so!?
If you are willing to take unnecessary risks then that is your choice, but I have just been reading through your most recent posts and from your quesions I would assume that you would not regard yourself as an expert user of Windiows 7. I do not mean to be rude to you but it looks that way to me. That being so, ask yourself why the majority of experienced users on this Forum would, I feel, recommend that you turn the UAC on to the default setting! It is only one click to accept the task in question but if that is too much trouble for you then that is up to you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2013   #10
khoshtipi

windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Thank you for your explanations. I understand your meaning.
My previous posts about some infected machines were not about my own machine. I sometimes fix my friend's or costumer's machines which probably are infected and one part of those posts were about them and another part of those posts were for raising my info.
I return the UAC to its default settings when I find out that despite those defenses tools I should do that yet.
!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 CMD




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App