Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can only open windows in safe mode

08 Jul 2013   #31
gregrocker

 

I'm not sure why you haven't been asked to run a full AV and Malwarebytes scan. Did I miss it?

Since you have 32 bit you get the deepest scan of all if you schedule an Avast Boot Time scan. Do that now.
Otherwise download and burn to CD Windows Defender Offline to to a boot scan.

Once you clean up infection run again SFC /SCANNOW Command to check once more for damage.

If you feel establishing a Clean Boot solved the issue then a program is interfering. Just because you've turned it off at startup when it isn't needed doesn't mean it won't foul your install again if you run it. So I'd check the logs, System Resources and examine what was starting with Windows from the steps in Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 to try to find the cause or gather clues.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Jul 2013   #32
tikkari

x64
 
 

thx for help, i try do all the things what u telling
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2013   #33
tikkari

x64
 
 

hmm. avast still wont work after rebooting, it says access denied when try shutdown from taskmgr or try enable it from services.
maybe i need change my av then
edit: did run all scans expect avast (because not working)
also did run sfc scannow and it didnt find any errors.
but guyss i go sleep now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jul 2013   #34
gregrocker

 

If Malwarebytes won't Update and run a Full Scan in Safe Mode with Netowrking, I would move into the boot mode to run Windows Defender Offline from CD or flash stick.

Then using the Win7 DVD or Repair CD run SFC /SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot

Other bootable AV's and steps to stabilize Win7 in Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2013   #35
tikkari

x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If Malwarebytes won't Update and run a Full Scan in Safe Mode with Netowrking, I would move into the boot mode to run Windows Defender Offline from CD or flash stick.

Then using the Win7 DVD or Repair CD run SFC /SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot

Other bootable AV's and steps to stabilize Win7 in Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start
malwarebytes worked fine and did full scan with it.
removed some old malwares (i think they are false positives) nothing else.
and removed some things with kaspersky tdskiller + adwclean too

edit: i check ur links tomorrow if problems continue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2013   #36
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
I'm not sure why you haven't been asked to run a full AV and Malwarebytes scan. Did I miss it?

Since you have 32 bit you get the deepest scan of all if you schedule an Avast Boot Time scan. Do that now.
Otherwise download and burn to CD Windows Defender Offline to to a boot scan.

Once you clean up infection run again SFC /SCANNOW Command to check once more for damage.

If you feel establishing a Clean Boot solved the issue then a program is interfering. Just because you've turned it off at startup when it isn't needed doesn't mean it won't foul your install again if you run it. So I'd check the logs, System Resources and examine what was starting with Windows from the steps in Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 to try to find the cause or gather clues.
Yep I did at post #15 Greg but I don't know what happened as there is a considerable difficulty in seeing what the language was telling me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2013   #37
tikkari

x64
 
 

thx guys for helping i mark this as solved now bb
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2013   #38
gregrocker

 

Did you check System Files again after the virus cleanup? SFC /SCANNOW Command

How is performance now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2013   #39
tikkari

x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Did you check System Files again after the virus cleanup? SFC /SCANNOW Command

How is performance now?
its fine now ^^

yes i checked with miscrosoft security essentials, and did that sfc scannow too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can only open windows in safe mode




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cant open windows 7 even in safe mode help pls
Hi guys! having a problem with my pc i cant open windows at all, even in safe mode, when i try to open it in safe mode it starts loading windows files then stops on driver 32 something (i can get the exact code if needed) pauses for a moment then the screen goes black with safe mode write in each...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Lag - open/close apps, typing, etc. even in Safe Mode
Sony VAIO VPC series laptop w/ Core i7 Q740 w/4GB RAM working on for a client. Malwarebytes pulled up 26 infections, and I thought that was the solution to constant lag problems and lag when typing. Turned Norton features off, CHKDSK, adjusted desktop setting for Best Performance, ran in Safe...
General Discussion
Not being able to open MSCONFIG in CMD or safe mode!
Hi I'll get straight to the issue in hand I have a virus on my laptop, i was in the process of sorting this out, however i clicked on run - Msconfig - Boot - safe boot and selected minimal. I re-started and the computer loaded automatically in safe mode, however it got to the blue screen and...
System Security
Windows 7 Programs wont open even in safe mode.
Hi I'm having some serious problems since last night. All of a sudden my computer restarted on its own and when it restarted none of my programs loaded up in the taskbar and only certain programs will open like IE 64. I tried doing "sfc /scannow" about 5 times with no results and most of the...
Software
BSOD, won't open in Safe mode
So, about a week ago the sound stopped working on my laptop. A customer service guy from Dell wlaked me through installing a new sound card. It fixed my sound! I was so happy. Oh, but the excitement was short lived. About a half hour after installing the sound card, my computer randomly shut down....
BSOD Help and Support
.EXE Files Do Not Open - even in safe mode!
this has been occurring ever since my computer was diagnosed with a trojan. i removed it, and ever since then no .EXE files will open. I will click on any .EXE file, the revolving circle signifying loading will show for a second, and then it won't load at all - the program is not present in the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App