Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 start up problem

22 Jul 2013   #11
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I managed to capture a screenshot of it during your video, it lasts for maybe half a second lol.

I have seen it pop up on many PC's I have had, you could try uninstalling it, does the 0.5 seconds of it bother you that much though?

How did you get on with the logo thing?




Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 start up problem-pic.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jul 2013   #12
gregrocker

 

Please type Device Manager in the Start button Search box.

Click to open it, expand SATA controllers, click on each and position them side by side, take a screenshot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2013   #13
amir tava

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I managed to capture a screenshot of it during your video, it lasts for maybe half a second lol.

I have seen it pop up on many PC's I have had, you could try uninstalling it, does the 0.5 seconds of it bother you that much though?

How did you get on with the logo thing?
lol i unistall that driver i still get that message and i also went to BIOS Setting and went to Boot up option and went to Full Screen Logo and i disabled it no motherboard went on start up but i could still get that message
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jul 2013   #14
amir tava

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Please type Device Manager in the Start button Search box.

Click to open it, expand SATA controllers, click on each and position them side by side, take a screenshot.
there we go


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 start up problem-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2013   #15
gregrocker

 

Then you'll need to disable the J Micron controller in BIOS setup to see if that clears up the BIOS issue.

While there check the BIOS boot settings for Fast Boot and any others.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2013   #16
amir tava

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
I did not say to uninstall the driver. It will just reinstall it. I said to Disable the J Micron.

Please post back the window that opens when you click on each SATA controller in Device Manager.
im sorry but i dont see ayn SATA Controller
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2013   #17
amir tava

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Then you'll need to disable the J Micron controller in BIOS setup to see if that clears up the BIOS issue.

While there check the BIOS boot settings for Fast Boot and any others.
wait im sorry but how do i found J Micron controller in BIOS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2013   #18
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amir tava View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Then you'll need to disable the J Micron controller in BIOS setup to see if that clears up the BIOS issue.

While there check the BIOS boot settings for Fast Boot and any others.
wait im sorry but how do i found J Micron controller in BIOS?
Should be somewhere in the advanced tab, I am sorry I don't know your bios.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2013   #19
gregrocker

 

Reboot and look for the key to press to enter BIOS setup.

In BIOS setup go through each tab thoroughly to become familar with the settings. Under boot there should be a Fast Boot option to check its setting. There may be others which govern whether and which controllers are enabled and how they are displayed. If not on the Boot tab, look at the others.

I would also set HDD first device to boot in Boot Order Priority. This can make it a bit faster. Remember to Save any changes.

If you see what you think are other related settings, make note of them and ask back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2013   #20
amir tava

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Reboot and look for the key to press to enter BIOS setup.

In BIOS setup go through each tab thoroughly to become familar with the settings. Under boot there should be a Fast Boot option to check its setting. There may be others which govern whether and which controllers are enabled and how they are displayed. If not on the Boot tab, look at the others.

I would also set HDD first device to boot in Boot Order Priority. This can make it a bit faster. Remember to Save any changes.

If you see what you think are other related settings, make note of them and ask back.
aight so when i saw J Micron controller in BIOS on my bios disable it right ? and thanks for the help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 start up problem




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
windows 7 start up problem
I'm having problem with my Toshiba laptop suddenly it have start up looping problem it had along time to windows start up black screen appear and hanging after a message that my hard disk had problem and need to backup my data . So I reformat my OS and re installed a new window 7 professional,...
General Discussion
Windows failed to start problem
I am currently using a differrent computer to ask for help, Everytime I startup my computer it says "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Of course, normally their is Launch Startup Repair, And Start windows normally. If I press enter on either of those...
General Discussion
Windows 7 start up problem
ok guys i have this problems for like 3-4 months now and every time i start up the laptop it gets to the welcome screen and then after that its just a black screen. it takes around 5 mins to start up and the desktop to appear or i can end explorer.exe and start it up. I also notices that...
General Discussion
Windows Start Up - Printer Problem
Hello all, This I think is connected to my HP F2280 Printer. On Windows start up as the system is loading I am getting this dialogue box popping up. This runs and runs, with another message appearing now and then. It seems to be repeatedly gathering information but doing nothing. It...
Hardware & Devices
Cannot repair Windows start up problem
Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit Had a dual boot Win 7/Ubuntu 10.10. Got rid of Ubuntu by deleting the partition it was on and extended the Win 7 volume. All of this done in Disk Management. At the end Disk Management showed that space now part of C drive. I restarted to check that the grub...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Start-up Problem
Hey all. I have a problem with my laptop. It's a HP MINI 2133 with Windows 7 32 Bit installed home edition. Here is the problem. The other day I booted my computer and it said 'windows is loading files'. It then went to a system recovery screen. I thought this was a bit strange as I have...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App