Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Windows Boot Manager on Startup

17 Sep 2013   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Windows Boot Manager on Startup

Hey everyone,

So this has always happened with my laptop, but only recently started getting annoying, whenever i boot up my computer, before anything loads, the "windows boot manager" opens up. And its not the black one, its the one that is White, Grey, and Blue. That goes like this.
Hardrive
Windows diagnostics
cd drive
Network
And so on, so i enter on hardrive, then a loud beeping sound starts to go off (doesnt always happen, usually not when i use my computer on a daily basis, but if i dont for a bit then it will) and the screen becomes black with a blinking white hyphon at the top right corner, as if it was loading something, then once the really loud, annoying beeping stops, the windows startup screen opens,
Windows 7
Windows setup
and so on, I recently fixed that, and now i only have the original blue/grey one that opens on startup. But still after i click hardrive, the sound goes off automatically now, and its really annoying and embarrassing to use in public. Usually what i do is i either wait for it to stop and load, or if it has been going on for a long time then i restart the computer. Anyways, i have my specs filled in, and i would really appreciate some help. when i first got my laptop, Alienware replaced my motherboard because it had something messed up. But this problem has been happenening before and after the replacement.

Thanks in advance. -Stryde

Edit: So that is the screen i get when i first turn on my computer after the "loading" part of the computer, which only takes a few seconds, and the second one is of the settings in the setup, if that helps.



Attached Thumbnails
Windows Boot Manager on Startup-img-20130918-00743.jpg   Windows Boot Manager on Startup-img-20130918-00744.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

No offense, but if it has had the issue since new and after a repair attempt, why not take it back for a new machine?
Can you take a pic of the blue and gray screen you speak of?

This is the preferred, best way to upload an image to a post.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
You may also upload a photo or image as you would a file, without using the Snipping tool.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2013   #3
Microsoft MVP

 

Enter BIOS setup to reset to Defaults, taking note of the SATA controller setting: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS.

If the beeping continues, you'll need to look up the mobo to search for the meaning of it's beep codes. It should not beep except when giving dire warnings about RAM, mobo or other failure.

Finally, is this the original Dell factory preinstall as that is the worst possible install one can have, which is why most tech enthusiasts would never run such an install but instead choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Just be sure to reset the BIOS to defaults beforehand. And if this is an EFI BIOS, you'll need the special steps in UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums or to Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Sep 2013   #4

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
No offense, but if it has had the issue since new and after a repair attempt, why not take it back for a new machine?
Can you take a pic of the blue and gray screen you speak of?

This is the preferred, best way to upload an image to a post.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
You may also upload a photo or image as you would a file, without using the Snipping tool.
I would have asked for a new one, although i bought this laptop manufacturer refurbished off of ebay.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2013   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Enter BIOS setup to reset to Defaults, taking note of the SATA controller setting: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS.

If the beeping continues, you'll need to look up the mobo to search for the meaning of it's beep codes. It should not beep except when giving dire warnings about RAM, mobo or other failure.

Finally, is this the original Dell factory preinstall as that is the worst possible install one can have, which is why most tech enthusiasts would never run such an install but instead choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Just be sure to reset the BIOS to defaults beforehand. And if this is an EFI BIOS, you'll need the special steps in UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums or to Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7
Thanks alot for the reply, and i have tried to reset to defaults already, and still no change, although I dont really understand the 2nd and third part very well because i am not very tech savvy as you can imagine i am only 15.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2013   #6
Microsoft MVP

 

How are you doing on the pic requested by Gary (Britton30) of this Windows Boot Manager you describe? He showed you how to attach pics after saving : Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

There may be a setting in BIOS setup to hide that menu which sounds like a BIOS popup at boot. It might be under Quick Boot. Post back a camera snap of those choices too, or you can type them out for us, including each sub-choice when you choose the setting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2013   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
How are you doing on the pic requested by Gary (Britton30) of this Windows Boot Manager you describe? He showed you how to attach pics after saving : Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

There may be a setting in BIOS setup to hide that menu which sounds like a BIOS popup at boot. It might be under Quick Boot. Post back a camera snap of those choices too, or you can type them out for us, including each sub-choice when you choose the setting.
on it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2013   #8
Microsoft MVP

 

I understand you bought the PC off of eBay but you told Gary that Alienware replaced your mobo, meaning they have warranteed it to some extent, and that the result of this is the loud beeping when you boot the HD. This is something that they would be expected under all circumstances to correct and make good. So I would first contact them to explain what has resulted for you from their "repairs."

We have a top Dell representative in residence here SanDeep so I'll have him check in so we can help get them on it for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2013   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Thanks so much, but I checked and my warranty has now expired, I know it was a really stupid thing of me to do, and I should have done it earlier, but I was busy with school and all, anyways i really appreciate the help so im happy to keep cracking at it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2013   #10

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Stryde View Post
Thanks so much, but I checked and my warranty has now expired, I know it was a really stupid thing of me to do, and I should have done it earlier, but I was busy with school and all, anyways i really appreciate the help so im happy to keep cracking at it.

Hi Stryde,

Greg asked me to check in this post. Apologies for missing this post earlier. First things first system should not go to boot manager prior to windows load untill and unless you press F12 key on the keyboard.

So please check if F12 key is stuck or keep getting pressed on the system. You can check your keyboard by simply checking this easy and useful tester:

Keyboard Tester

If you still wish to isolate then disconnect the keyboard from the system and try to boot the system. Check this manual link below for the same:

Manual

Lastly, if keyboard is fine and system still playing up you should try updating the BIOS from the link below:

BIOS

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Boot Manager on Startup





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33