|20 Sep 2013||#1|
| || |
Computer starting with only 15% memory and hangs after a while.
I am having this issue for about 3 days. I did not install any new programs but upon startup everything hangs and the startup programs take very long to startup. First time i am encountering such an issue.
What i tried to do
1. I tried doing a system restore the first time around from safe mode. This problem started on 17/09/2013. so the last system restore available was on the 16/09/2013. worked fine after doing the system restore, so happily i shut down my com. the next day when i turned the com on, voila the problem is back again.
2. tried doing system restore but no more system restore points left.
3. did a pre-boot diagnostic --> everything was fine. no problems with anything
4. when the com was working fine, i did a virus scan with microsoft security essentials (updated) and everything seemed clean
5. Uninstalled most of my programs like spotify. steam, garena, my games
6. ran cc cleaner to rectify any registry errors but there were no errors
7. I have a feeling there is some malware running in the background, taking up the memory
If anyone has any ideas about the predicament i am in, please share with me. I am at my wits end. Thank you all so much
Stop receiving emails on this subject.
|My System Specs|
|20 Sep 2013||#2|
| || |
Task Manager Processes tab might be worth looking into in case some strange process is running in the back ground.
It may be worth running some file integrity scans using an elevated command prompt > sfc /scannow command, or the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command, etc. might take a few passes/restarts if there are any file problems.
Malwarebytes might also be worth a shot.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Computer starting with only 15% memory and hangs after a while.|
|Win 7 x64 hangs on too big memory allocations||General Discussion|
|Everything hangs when i first start - the starting thing is hanging no||General Discussion|
|Computer hangs at "Starting Windows" screen for over one minute.||Installation & Setup|
|windows 7 fresh installation: hangs at setup is starting window||Installation & Setup|
|Win 7x64 Home prem hangs at windows starting||BSOD Help and Support|
|Win7 hangs at startup / won't go further than 'Starting Windows' scree||BSOD Help and Support|
|HDD no Longer Booting-Hangs for over 2 hours-Stuck on Starting Windows||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.