Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't Boot Windows 7, All System Recovery tools hang at blue screen

08 Oct 2013   #11
fabolousrmx

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fabolousrmx View Post
Drive C is my storage drive
Drive D freezes, I'd assume that's my normal C boot drive
Drive E is my usb
Drive F doesn't exsist
C is storage drive? What do you mean... is that on same physcial harddrive as non bootable win7?

Does internal harddrive only have one large partition (called C in win7)?

No DVD drive in system?
The info that comes up for Dir C:\ states its my backup hardrive that i use for storage. A completely separate physical HD than the non bootable win7.



I disconnected all my cd/dvd drives during the troubleshooting process.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Oct 2013   #12
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fabolousrmx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fabolousrmx View Post
Drive C is my storage drive
Drive D freezes, I'd assume that's my normal C boot drive
Drive E is my usb
Drive F doesn't exsist
C is storage drive? What do you mean... is that on same physcial harddrive as non bootable win7?

Does internal harddrive only have one large partition (called C in win7)?

No DVD drive in system?
The info that comes up for Dir C:\ states its my backup hardrive that i use for storage. A completely separate physical HD than the non bootable win7.

I disconnected all my cd/dvd drives during the troubleshooting process.
So it finds C,D,E and internal disk is NOT C and NOT E. So it must be D and is freezing. Try this:

Code:
chkdsk/f  D:
What happens? freezing...checking for errors.... or?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #13
Fr0st777

Windows 7/8 Pro 64bit
 
 

You should also use/download some Linux Live CD like Knoppix and put it in to see how many drives it shows you.

If your System drive or any other partition of your hard drive does not show up, check in BIOS if the harddrive is listed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Oct 2013   #14
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fabolousrmx View Post
I can use parted magic to access the files on the unbootable "drive d" no problems.

I even restored the boot label to that drive using a tool in parted magic, but didn't change anything. Still locking up.
parted magic has many tools. Which tool did you use? Did you only only change the partition label?
Only 1 partition on that physical disk? Is it still listed as NTFS, type primary and is it marked ACTIVE?

I think it's NTFS, primary and active...otherwise other errors would appear on boot. But....
Maybe D drive is very small and is only the partition with bootmanager and bootmenu. Real win7 partition is lost.

So is that partition just as big as C drive in win7?

DON'T USE PARTED MAGIC as a recovery tool yet!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #15
fabolousrmx

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Running chkdsk/f D: right now seems to be locked up though~
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #16
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fabolousrmx View Post
Running chkdsk/f D: right now seems to be locked up though~
Does it display any output?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #17
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Answer #14 please
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #18
fabolousrmx

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
parted magic has many tools. Which tool did you use? Did you only only change the partition label?
Only 1 partition on that physical disk? Is it still listed as NTFS, type primary and is it marked ACTIVE?

I think it's NTFS, primary and active...otherwise other errors would appear on boot. But....
Maybe D drive is very small and is only the partition with bootmanager and bootmenu. Real win7 partition is lost.

So is that partition just as big as C drive in win7?

DON'T USE PARTED MAGIC as a recovery tool yet!
I just used the partition editor to look at see if there was any other partitions on my win7 boot drive, there was just one partition on that physical disc. I added the boot label nothing else.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fabolousrmx View Post
Running chkdsk/f D: right now seems to be locked up though~
Does it display any output?
Chkdsk is still locked up, no output!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #19
fabolousrmx

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fr0st777 View Post
You should also use/download some Linux Live CD like Knoppix and put it in to see how many drives it shows you.

If your System drive or any other partition of your hard drive does not show up, check in BIOS if the harddrive is listed.
My hard drive is definitely listed in BIOS~ I can access the data on the HD using parted magic no prob, check the hard drive health, everything was green. Just won't boot~ or isn't readable in windows 7 repair/install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #20
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Once again is that partition just as large as C in win7? Is it NTFS, type primary and ACTIVE?
Partition Wizard Bootable CD allows user to manage partition directly with partition manager bootable CD. downlaod, burn and boot from it.
Is the internal dsik a BASIC disk? Is the partition ACTIVE/PRIMARY and file system NTFS? (doubleclick on partition displays the files, can you browse thorugh it)?

Maybe you can make a camera shot and post it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't Boot Windows 7, All System Recovery tools hang at blue screen




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cannot boot up windows 7, blue screen flash, enable system protection
Hey I really need help here!! I also know next to nothing about computer 'language' so please be patient!! I recently installed the 'media go' from pc companion software for my Sony Xperia phone. During installation my acer laptop crashed and now when I boot up I am asked to launch normally -...
BSOD Help and Support
hang and blue screen error
please solve this i couldnt fix it my computer i reupload my file after blue screen error
BSOD Help and Support
Computer hang-up while playing game: Blue screen error
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 124 BCP1: 0000000000000000 BCP2: FFFFFA80080098F8 BCP3: 0000000000000000
BSOD Help and Support
blue screen appears on startup of windows followed by system hang
hi there..can some please help me regarding the blue screen error that appears on my windows.. when i start my laptop it goes fine until just before the desktop appears and after that the system hangs and does not respond to anything..i have to force shut down my laptop and it doesn't start after...
BSOD Help and Support
Random hang and blue screen
Dear professionals, I have got my computer randomly hang since i bought it in Aug2010', but three days ago it start to hang and hang frequently, I could only hardly make the file for u professional guy to test for me, Pls kindly help me, I think i can't take any more hang... I have run the...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows boot up flickering screen+hang
Hi i would like some support for this problem im facing with my windows info: Laptop: dell studio 1557 OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit Description: Windows was working fine but after a restart when the blue animation screen of "windows loading" (see screenshots attached) appears, the system...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App