Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PC Running Slow out of nowhere.

12 Oct 2013   #11
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

Hmmm. That's weird. I don't know enough about Intel boards to help you check your BIOS for the front side bus setting, but hopefully someone with an Intel rig will happen by this thread and be able to help more than I can.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Oct 2013   #12
Miyoki

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mellon Head View Post
Hmmm. That's weird. I don't know enough about Intel boards to help you check your BIOS for the front side bus setting, but hopefully someone with an Intel rig will happen by this thread and be able to help more than I can.
aight. thank you for trying
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2013   #13
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 
Hmmm

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Miyoki View Post
..............EDIT : i did sfc /scannow and it returned : Windows resourceprotection found damaged files, but not all files could be repaired (it's in danish, so poorly translated sorry)

I would do the following based on that result above.

Do a Repair Install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Oct 2013   #14
YoYo155

Windows 10
 
 

Mellon Head, The intel FSB is 100 and the CPU idle technology is called EIST or enhanced intel speedstep technology .
Miyoki, you said you replaced your GPU, upgraded your RAM, reinstalled Windows and you're still getting
BSOD's?

How about help us by uploading the file that the SFDT generates by following this tutorial.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2013   #15
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Mellon Head, The intel FSB is 100 and the CPU idle technology is called EIST or enhanced intel speedstep technology .

Thanks for the definition. Much appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2013   #16
Miyoki

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Miyoki View Post
..............EDIT : i did sfc /scannow and it returned : Windows resourceprotection found damaged files, but not all files could be repaired (it's in danish, so poorly translated sorry)

I would do the following based on that result above.

Do a Repair Install
been there, done that a few times already. nothing changed.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Miyoki, you said you replaced your GPU, upgraded your RAM, reinstalled Windows and you're still getting
BSOD's?
yes. i replaced it since i throught it "may" have been the issue. but yeah, nothing changed.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
How about help us by uploading the file that the SFDT generates by following this tutorial.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
erh.. what do i exactly pick for settings there ?.. complete, kernel or small? o.o
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2013   #17
gregrocker

 

Compare the install you did with the perfect install compiled in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
which is same for retail. Pay close attention to how drivers are handled in Win7, the tools and methods which work best based on tens of thousands of installs we've helped with here.

Consider trying a diagnostic install testing performance immediately after install, then with only Updates drivers installed, then after all the rest of Updates are done with reboots, then after each program is installed. When does the problem begin? If it's just after install then you know it's hardware, if missing chipset drivers are already supplied via Updates or manually.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2013   #18
Miyoki

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Compare the install you did with the perfect install compiled in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
which is same for retail. Pay close attention to how drivers are handled in Win7, the tools and methods which work best based on tens of thousands of installs we've helped with here.

Consider trying a diagnostic install testing performance immediately after install, then with only Updates drivers installed, then after all the rest of Updates are done with reboots, then after each program is installed. When does the problem begin? If it's just after install then you know it's hardware, if missing chipset drivers are already supplied via Updates or manually.
when i reinstalled. i did try rush installing tf2 and test it out. where it gave same issues. compared to if reinstalled and got all driver + updates before testing.

it didn't matter what way i did...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2013   #19
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Your cpu is 3.4 and your core speed is 1596 about 1.6 speed.
Just about half of what it should be. Check the settings here.

PC Running Slow out of nowhere.-advance-options-8-9-2013.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2013   #20
Miyoki

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Your cpu is 3.4 and your core speed is 1596 about 1.6 speed.
Just about half of what it should be. Check the settings here.

Attachment 289585
newbie question.. where do i find that o.O?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PC Running Slow out of nowhere.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
My PC running slow
I have a PC with windows 7 installed, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 cpu, nvidia 9800 gt graphic card and 4gb ram. I had an issue with the hard disk (bad sectors) and changed it so it's like I did a format. I installed the windows and microsoft security essentials. I use Google Chrome. The matter is...
Performance & Maintenance
Pc is running very slow
My laptop has started working very slow all of sudden, it takes too much time to boot and do other tadk, I have tried installing Windows 7 again (using usb) but even the installation takes almost 2 hours, what could be the problem and how can I fix it ?
Performance & Maintenance
Running real slow / shut down slow
Hi i have a Eee Pc Asus laptop that is running real slow could someone help me please thank you i ran a farbar scan if that might help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x86) Version: 19-07-2013 Ran by Ma (administrator) on 21-07-2013 16:25:23 Running from E:\ Microsoft...
Performance & Maintenance
Everything running slow
Hello, I am a first time poster, running Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 on a Lenovo Intel 7i 860 2.80GHz with 8 GB RAM dual-channel DDR3 531 MHz Everything is running very slow after I tried and failed to install Ubuntu on a VMware Virtual Player. VMware suggested an update which I attempted but...
Performance & Maintenance
Running very slow. . .
Not 2 days ago, this computer I am currently on was blazing fast as usual, now since the past 2 days it has been on a horrid roller-coaster spiraling downward to very poor performance. The mouse jumps around and I must type slowly due to the system continuously missing my keystrokes due to the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App