Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working!

21 Oct 2013   #1
Beban96

Windows 7 32bit
 
 
'Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working' when I click on any folder!

Okay I know you all heard about this stupid error, it's happening everytime I open Some folders the screen freezes for a while and when I click ok and folder closes. I was trying regedit fix and I think I messed up something there, I tried some other fixes and nothing. In the begging of this I wasn't even able to start Windows properly now I can do everything except of opening folders. Now I can't even open My Computer! Here is crash report:


Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: InPageError
Error Status Code: c0000185
Faulting Media Type: 00000003
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 9242
Additional Information 1: a7aa
Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d
Additional Information 3: a7aa
Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Oct 2013   #2
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

You don't say if you have a restore point from before the error started happening. That's the surest way if available.


=============================

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

To avoid a lot of Q & A about your hardware and OS configuration, please click on this link to
Edit System Specs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2013   #3
LukeIsBack

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

I don't know for sure, but i suggest checking your PC for malware/spyware/viruses ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Oct 2013   #4
Beban96

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
You don't say if you have a restore point from before the error started happening. That's the surest way if available.


=============================

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

To avoid a lot of Q & A about your hardware and OS configuration, please click on this link to
Edit System Specs
It's from yesterday and I have this problem for 2-3 days...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2013   #5
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
 
 

Do the folders that cause a problem have videos, pictures, or images in them?
You might have corrupt file(s) in those folders.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2013   #6
Beban96

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
Do the folders that cause a problem have videos, pictures, or images in them?
You might have corrupt file(s) in those folders.
When i make new folder everything is ok, but when I copy anything in that folder after some time, error appears again. Please if you know help me...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2013   #7
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

This is a quick and easy thing to try,
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag/
I'd agree about scanning for corrupt,
Review Jacee’s instructions to run Adwcleaner here,
Ignore the title of the thread,
http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/303717-unusual-remote-assistance-control-process.html
You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
Uncheck the box to Activate the Free trial from the final install options,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE
This one is the longest up to 4 hours, the others are only about 45 minutes,
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2013   #8
Beban96

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
This is a quick and easy thing to try,
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag/
I'd agree about scanning for corrupt,
Review Jacee’s instructions to run Adwcleaner here,
Ignore the title of the thread,
http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/303717-unusual-remote-assistance-control-process.html
You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
Uncheck the box to Activate the Free trial from the final install options,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE
This one is the longest up to 4 hours, the others are only about 45 minutes,
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

I scanned with malwarebytes and after scanning complete several malwares was found, but that had not fixed my problem with "Windows Explorer has stopped working"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2013   #9
Beban96

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
Do the folders that cause a problem have videos, pictures, or images in them?
You might have corrupt file(s) in those folders.
And that means every single file on my computer is corrupted?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2013   #10
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
 
 

No.
If you have 1 corrupt file it can cause problems.
Take a look at this thread - The OP found 1 corrupt video file causing problems.
Suddenly folders load very slowly (blank) green progress bar loads.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
windows explorer has stopped working
Windows explorer has stopped working check online--close neither choice seems to make much difference. It seems that acknowledging the error a few times makes it go away until the next occurrence. The error has been occurring with frequency the past several weeks. Problem details:...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows Explorer has stopped working
hi friends, Please help me out, am getting the error Windows explorer has stopped working then Windows Explorer is restarting whenever i try to restart my laptop and there is nothing i can do because of that error, because the error keep popping on my screen. I have no idea what to do because i...
General Discussion
Windows Explorer has stopped working
Hey guys, need help. First sorry for my English... Im running Windows 7 ultimate. When Im trying to use my Bluetooth (via bluetooth adapter ASUS) I get error "Windows Explorer has stopped working". It appears even if Im just clicking in control panel (no matter where, just clicking from one folder...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows explorer has stopped working..
Hello, I there for some reason today I am getting 'Windows Explorer has stopped working' when trying to click any menu such as computer or documents in the start menu. I have booted into safe mode and all is working fine. Any ideas on how to fix this? Many Thanks,
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 Explorer has stopped working?
Hello, I get this screen a couple times a day when I am in Windows 7 Explorer. I have other programs up when it stops working. In a normal day, I have several websites up in Firefox. I have my Thunderbird mailbox up but cradled. I have one photo-editing program up. As well, I have Sticky Notes...
BSOD Help and Support
windows explorer stopped working
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.1.7600.16450 Application Timestamp: 4aeba271 Fault Module Name: boost_log-vc71-mt-1_33.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 44105850 ...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App