Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Reading Task Scheduler Status Failed?


11 Nov 2013   #1

Windows 7 Pro (32)
 
 
Reading Task Scheduler Status Failed?

My system kept losing time (15sec a week), so I created a Task to Force Time Sync hourly-
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Time.windows.com was 5sec Slow, so I change service to time.nist.gov (taskbar)-
Time Service was Stopped, so I Started it in Services (delayed start).

Then I noticed I was losing time again (15sec a week), so I went into Admin Tools/Task Scheduler to see status...?
Now Task Scheduler is corrupted (Selected Task 0 No longer exists)-
If I Refresh, I get the same No Read... pop-up warning-
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

How do I fix this?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Nov 2013   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 Sp1
 
 

Replace your cmos battery

How to replace the CMOS battery.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2013   #3

Windows 7 Pro (32)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Replace your cmos battery

How to replace the CMOS battery.
Setting Time Service to Delayed Start in Services, took care of my losing time on my 2 year old desktop.

My main concern is how to fix my corrupted Task Scheduler?-


Attached Thumbnails
Reading Task Scheduler Status Failed?-selectedtasknoexist.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Nov 2013   #4
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by scottls59901 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Replace your cmos battery

How to replace the CMOS battery.
Setting Time Service to Delayed Start in Services, took care of my losing time on my 2 year old desktop.

My main concern is how to fix my corrupted Task Scheduler?-
Hi there,

It had happened to me either (but i've since made a reinstall months ago).

It doesn't seems that bad as you can go after task scheduler service is launched, to the tab "Tab Scheduler Library" and see the tasks running.

I suggest also to check if all the tasks in the "Tab Scheduler Library" (first you see, not the expanded ones) match the path they're made for and delete the ones that are obsolete.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2013   #5

Windows 7 Pro (32)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by scottls59901 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Replace your cmos battery

How to replace the CMOS battery.
Setting Time Service to Delayed Start in Services, took care of my losing time on my 2 year old desktop.

My main concern is how to fix my corrupted Task Scheduler?-
Hi there,

It had happened to me either (but i've since made a reinstall months ago).

It doesn't seems that bad as you can go after task scheduler service is launched, to the tab "Tab Scheduler Library" and see the tasks running.

I suggest also to check if all the tasks in the "Tab Scheduler Library" (first you see, not the expanded ones) match the path they're made for and delete the ones that are obsolete.
The only task I see in Library, is for CCleaner to skip UAC prompt which is valid (unless corrupted?).
Should I delete this, and reboot...? Or?


Attached Thumbnails
Reading Task Scheduler Status Failed?-taskschedulerlibrary.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2013   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64 Sp1
 
 

I think it is rather unlikely that the Task Scheduler service is corrupted.
To find out, you can do this:

1. Log on under an admin account
2. Press the Windows key + R
3. Type the three letters cmd and press Enter.
4. Type this command and press Enter:
schtasks /Create /SC Minute /ST 00:00 /TN "Test Task" /TR "cmd /c echo %%date%% %%time%% >> ""%UserProfile%\desktop\test.txt"""
(make sure to use the correct number of double quotes. It is 1 before 'cmd', two before '%UserProfile%' and three after 'text')

You will see a message that a scheduled task has been created. If it works then it will write a date stamp into the desktop file "test.txt" once every minute. Does it? If so, your task scheduler service is not corrupted.

To delete all tasks on the pc, run the following under CMD:
schtasks /delete /tn * /f


Sources:

How can I repair a corrupted task scheduler in Windows 7 - Microsoft Community

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc721846.aspx

I share this guys response, and it keeps me from typing a lot.


Also, try running SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2013   #7

Windows 7 Pro (32)
 
 

2-days ago I ran elevated sfc /scannow 2-times (AV disabled), and no file issues... were discovered.

I was hoping that yesterdays Win Updates Might fix it ?- Alas TS is still the same...?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Reading Task Scheduler Status Failed?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33