|28 Jan 2009||#1|
| || |
New Win7 KB Shortcuts
As with a new OS, comes some very specific keyboard shortcuts that work in Windows 7. Anybody who has become used to using the keyboard primarily, know that KB shortcuts can speed up your (whatever) immensely. Using KB shortcuts can easily TRIPLE your speed at doing just about everything, and in keeping with an improved OS comes some Improved shortcuts. Here's what's New in Windows 7
* Win+Home - minimize all the non-active background windows, keeping the window you’re using in its current position. Use again to restore.
* Win+Shift+(left or right arrow) - Move windows between one monitor and the other in multi monitor displays. Windows retain relative position
* Win+Up arrow Maximizes focused window - Win+Down arrow minimizes or restores
* Win+1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 - Create new instance of taskbar items up to the 6th item (numbered from start orb)
* Win+Space - Quick view of Desktop (with gadgts visible)
* Win+T - "Walk" thru the taskbar items (live thumbnail views). Use arrow keys to move between, up arrow to focus into a group, arrow left/right to move between the group items, and "Enter" to bring that to focus. Taskbar items with nothing open will do nothing but hitting arrow key again keeps focus moving past it. Hit Esc to exit, or choosing an item also closes this. (I Love this one)
* Win+G - Brings gadgets to the front
* Win+P - Brings up "Projector" options box for those who use their PC for external Projector Displays.
Window Docking: sets window to one half of screen or other for multi window use on single screen
* Win+Left Arrow and Win+Right Arrow dock to that side;
* Win+Shift+Up Arrow maximizes and Win+Shift+Down Arrow restores the vertical size
I hope that any KB users like me out there, find these helpful.
|My System Specs|
|10 Apr 2009||#4|
| || |
I have used Alt-F, Enter, Enter in Windows Explorer for years to create a new folder. Now in Windows 7, "new" is no longer in the top position upon striking Alt-F, having been replaced by "Share with", so now my routine will need to be Alt-F, Down arrow, Enter, Enter. That's unfortunate in two ways: first, it's an extra keystroke, and second, I'm using other machines with other versions of Windows, so it's confusing. Would it be too much to ask to be able to configure the order of those functions, so I can get "New" back to the top? Not to rain on your parade, but I can't imagine needing "Share with" frequently enough to memorize a keystroke combo for it, after all, there's an icon on the toolbar for it, and I might only use it 2 or three times a year.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: New Win7 KB Shortcuts|
|Cannot pin two firefox shortcuts to the taskbar - win7 home||General Discussion|
|Shortcuts||Themes and Styles|
|preventing programs installing shortcuts to users win7||Software|
|GOOD Shortcuts Disappear - No New Shortcuts Possible||Customization|
|Cannot Add or display any desktop shortcuts on win7 HP||General Discussion|
|Win 7 Shortcuts !||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.