Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Strange happenings in Windows 7


24 Oct 2009   #1

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
Strange happenings in Windows 7

As I said, I have a strange 'bug' that is quite annoying.

When I hover over an icon at the bottom, and I go to click on a window from the pop-up screen, as soon as I move my mouse to click on one, the pop-up screen disappears.

Another time I find this is when I click my volume icon on the task bar, when I went to choose the mute volume button, the window disappeared...

Also, some program windows which I had open, started to flash, and say, for example if I was scrolling down through control panel options, every time it flashed, it went back to the top - this was genuinely annoying.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across any of these sort of things.

Please reply if you have had them or something similar, in fact if you've had anything strange happening in Windows 7 at all.

Thanks for reading.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2009   #2

Windows 7 PRO x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by James Wood View Post
As I said, I have a strange 'bug' that is quite annoying.

When I hover over an icon at the bottom, and I go to click on a window from the pop-up screen, as soon as I move my mouse to click on one, the pop-up screen disappears.

Another time I find this is when I click my volume icon on the task bar, when I went to choose the mute volume button, the window disappeared...

Also, some program windows which I had open, started to flash, and say, for example if I was scrolling down through control panel options, every time it flashed, it went back to the top - this was genuinely annoying.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across any of these sort of things.

Please reply if you have had them or something similar, in fact if you've had anything strange happening in Windows 7 at all.

Thanks for reading.
Hmm.... try doing so w/ keyboard unplugged..?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #3

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ussj4brolli View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by James Wood View Post
As I said, I have a strange 'bug' that is quite annoying.

When I hover over an icon at the bottom, and I go to click on a window from the pop-up screen, as soon as I move my mouse to click on one, the pop-up screen disappears.

Another time I find this is when I click my volume icon on the task bar, when I went to choose the mute volume button, the window disappeared...

Also, some program windows which I had open, started to flash, and say, for example if I was scrolling down through control panel options, every time it flashed, it went back to the top - this was genuinely annoying.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across any of these sort of things.

Please reply if you have had them or something similar, in fact if you've had anything strange happening in Windows 7 at all.

Thanks for reading.
Hmm.... try doing so w/ keyboard unplugged..?
Well, I'm using a laptop... So that would be a little tricky

And it's not my touchpad, as I am using a USB Mouse instead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Oct 2009   #4

Windows 7 PRO x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by James Wood View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ussj4brolli View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by James Wood View Post
As I said, I have a strange 'bug' that is quite annoying.

When I hover over an icon at the bottom, and I go to click on a window from the pop-up screen, as soon as I move my mouse to click on one, the pop-up screen disappears.

Another time I find this is when I click my volume icon on the task bar, when I went to choose the mute volume button, the window disappeared...

Also, some program windows which I had open, started to flash, and say, for example if I was scrolling down through control panel options, every time it flashed, it went back to the top - this was genuinely annoying.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across any of these sort of things.

Please reply if you have had them or something similar, in fact if you've had anything strange happening in Windows 7 at all.

Thanks for reading.
Hmm.... try doing so w/ keyboard unplugged..?
Well, I'm using a laptop... So that would be a little tricky

And it's not my touchpad, as I am using a USB Mouse instead.
Please fill in your complete system specs. Did not know you were using a Lappy.
Im sure the touchpad is still active, correct? (You can use both at the same time)? If so, try disabling them, or try using the lappy touchpad w/ the mouse unplugged.
All updated BIOS, drivers, ect. (have to ask)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #5

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Try adjusting the display time for aero peek... See Brinks tutorial -=> Here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Hp Pavillion dv5-1009ea Notebook
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Intel core 2 Duo P8400 (2.3GHz)
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS Graphics card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #7

 

Its not a Windows "bug" otherwise we'd all be having the same problem.
My guess is you don't have the correct drivers installed for your laptop's touch pad.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #8

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dubya View Post
Its not a Windows "bug" otherwise we'd all be having the same problem.
My guess is you don't have the correct drivers installed for your laptop's touch pad.
I've already said I don't use my touchpad, however I did not notice that it is disabled.. So it's nothing to do with that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #9

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Ok this is becoming really annoying now.

I have noticed something else, when I open the start menu, and click on All Programs, then go to open a program folder, the start menu closes instantly....

Also, the windows are still flashing.... The thing with the task bar icons is still happening....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

How old is your installation? Has this always happened? Are you overclocking or anything along those lines? Have you tweaked anything? Have you installed any HP drivers for your laptop, or did you let Windows update find and install all of your drivers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Strange happenings in Windows 7




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Strange happenings in Windows 7
Thread Forum
Solved strange frame around all windows General Discussion
Windows 7 x64 - Strange problem Performance & Maintenance
ATA HDD acts strange Windows 7 Hardware & Devices
BSOD 0x0000007b at startup and other strange happenings BSOD Help and Support
I have strange BSOD in Windows 7 BSOD Help and Support
Strange happenings with Revo uninstaller Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33