Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Pro non destructive reinstall issues

07 Dec 2013   #1
cocomo1

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit
 
 
Windows 7 Pro non destructive reinstall issues

Hi guys, have followed the tuit but the compatability report stalls with the report stating " Windows 7 cannot be upgraded to windows 7" or words to that effect.
When doing the little white lie trick by setting compatability as Vista service pack 2 the following compatability report states"To upgrade you must run Win 7 with service pack 1, close the installation and check for updates of service pack 1" .
My 32bit disc include service pack 1. Can any one direct me around the problem or is a clean install the answer ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Dec 2013   #2
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

report stating " Windows 7 cannot be upgraded to windows 7" or words to that effect.
=>exact error please
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2013   #3
cocomo1

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit
 
 
Windows 7 Pro non destructive reinstall issues

Thanks for the promt reply.
With Compatabilty set as Windows 7.
Run as Admin
Installation type- Upgrade.
Compatability report- To upgrade you need to be running Windows 7 with service pack1 installed. Close the installation and open windows update and check updates for service pack 1.
I am running Service pack 1 and have auto update turned on and no critical updates outstanding.
This is as far as I get each attempt.

I built the tower my self Intel i5 3470 3.2g
Has worked perfectly for 9 months. I believe (even though I have AVAST internet security) as I use torrents occasionally that windows has been corrupted.
Windows restore has no effect.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Dec 2013   #4
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

You want to upgrade win7 professional to win7 professional? Actually you want a repair install? If so: Repair Install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2013   #5
cocomo1

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit
 
 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html
Using the above Repair install , I get to item 12 " Compatability report " and can go no further.
Would a startup repair be worth a try ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2013   #6
cocomo1

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit
 
 

I guess by the lack of feedback it has everyone stumped !!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2013   #7
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cocomo1 View Post
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html
Using the above Repair install , I get to item 12 " Compatability report " and can go no further.
Would a startup repair be worth a try ?
Startup repair isn't needed.

Please post screenshot of the Compatibilty Report screen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2013   #8
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cocomo1 View Post
Thanks for the promt reply.
With Compatabilty set as Windows 7.
Run as Admin
Installation type- Upgrade.
Compatability report- To upgrade you need to be running Windows 7 with service pack1 installed. Close the installation and open windows update and check updates for service pack 1.
I am running Service pack 1 and have auto update turned on and no critical updates outstanding.
This is as far as I get each attempt.

I built the tower my self Intel i5 3470 3.2g
Has worked perfectly for 9 months. I believe (even though I have AVAST internet security) as I use torrents occasionally that windows has been corrupted.
Windows restore has no effect.
"With Compatabilty set as Windows 7."=>Why??? No tutorial told you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2013   #9
cocomo1

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit
 
 

The reason I'm here is because I do not know. If not compatability mode "Windows 7 " what should it be ?

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/GEORGE/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/windows/upgrade/images/alert.gif[/IMG] To upgrade, you need to be running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 installed. Close the installation, open Windows Update, and then check updates for Service Pack 1.

My dvd / cd has Service pack 1, this is the original installation disc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2013   #10
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cocomo1 View Post
The reason I'm here is because I do not know. If not compatability mode "Windows 7 " what should it be ?

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/GEORGE/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/windows/upgrade/images/alert.gif[/IMG] To upgrade, you need to be running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 installed. Close the installation, open Windows Update, and then check updates for Service Pack 1.

My dvd / cd has Service pack 1, this is the original installation disc.
you didn't post the screenshot!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Pro non destructive reinstall issues




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
After non-destructive reinstall of W7 2x4tb internal HDD's not showing
So my W7 64 bit PC became unstable after infection so I performed a non-destructive re-install of the W7 64 bit OS. After 24 hours and 170+ updates it would appear that my PC is much more stable now. However, I have 2 internal HDD's that do not appear in "My Computer". In Computer...
Hardware & Devices
Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall
Hey, So I had a problem today in which Windows decided that it wouldn't boot, Instead it would just reboot constantly This happened after I heard a ticking noise from my computer, things started to freeze, and so i had to restart. When I tried to turn it back on I had the above problem. ...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Crash and Clean Reinstall issues
Hi, new guy here. I've been having some pretty major computer issues over the past couple of days. I own an Asus U47a laptop, which I managed to drop off a table onto the floor. This resulted in some very minor damage to the case but it still worked fine, until I restarted it. Windows was unable to...
Installation & Setup
BSOD during Non-Destructive Reinstall
I was having random reboots on my Win7 SP1 system (ASUS Sabertooth 990FX, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1GB and Crucial M4 256GB SSD); I would leave the system for 20 minutes or so and come back to find it had recovered from some sort of issue and rebooted. The system also...
BSOD Help and Support
Office 2010 reinstall issues
Hi all, I am attempting to uninstall (and then reinstall) Office 2010 Prof Plus. I am not able to remove it from Add/Remove programs, have read through some help info and attempted to use the Windows Fixit, Revo & Ripoutoffice2007, none of which have removed it (Revo didn't take it out and then...
Microsoft Office
Halp! WMP issues, need to repair/reinstall
The last few times I tried to use WMP it slows down my entire computer to a crawl and disconnects me from the internet. WinAmp works fine. No viruses or malware, though I did have a virus a week ago (win32:kavos) and am wondering if that damaged WMP. Regardless, I need to repair/reinstall. How...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App