Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Error Message On Startup

23 Dec 2013   #21
Skits559

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
 
 

Sorry if i gave the wrong advice, but heres somthing that i searched up for you

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4-88f7f6fee607


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Dec 2013   #22
Skits559

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Patera View Post
Interesting: This morning on startup, the error message read "Having trouble starting C:PROG3\. etc", instead of "couldn't be found".
by the way, i might not know as much as he does, but people are mentioning other people to this tool alot in the forum, maybe its hes personal feeling on the matter, but alot of people do use the program, i myself do to, so nothing to worry about

again, sorry if i was wrong
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #23
Ztruker

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Skits559, I don't know if you are wrong or not, sorry if I gave that impression. I could have worded my post better.

My concern was that the tool actually deleted stuff where I thought it would just give a report.

I restored the registry from the ERUNT backup then deleted a few of the registry entries but not all. Also restored C:\windows\syswow64\wnlt from backup.

I'll have to ask around and see what other folks think of the tool.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Dec 2013   #24
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Autostart folders:

[Startup (3)]
oawl99f.lnk

[User Startup (3)]
oawl99f.lnk

What are those shortcuts? They look like the initial error message you posted!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #25
matts6887

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
 
 

wow! thats a lot of stuff in there!. I would do a search for just the file name itself and see what folder its contained in and post it here if you have not done so already. Seeing what folder its in should tell you whether or not you need the file and whether or not you can safely remove it.

EDIT: seeing that it looks like the extension on the end of the file name is a "link" to something. Again i would see what folder that file name refers to and go from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #26
Patera

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
wow! thats a lot of stuff in there!. I would do a search for just the file name itself and see what folder its contained in and post it here if you have not done so already. Seeing what folder its in should tell you whether or not you need the file and whether or not you can safely remove it.

EDIT: seeing that it looks like the extension on the end of the file name is a "link" to something. Again i would see what folder that file name refers to and go from there.

I tried searching for it and came up with nothing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #27
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I wrote this... it's in your logs!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Autostart folders:

[Startup (3)]
oawl99f.lnk

[User Startup (3)]
oawl99f.lnk

What are those shortcuts? They look like the initial error message you posted!
And your initial post talks about C:PROG~3\f991wao.jss
------
f991wao is the reverse of oawl99f (and only 1 replaced by l). Not a coincidence I think!!!!!?
what are they?? Look in your startup folder

Move the two oawl99f.lnk files to some temp folder. Now reboot. Problem solved?
=======
Maybe better: run the startupitems in that folder one by one to be sure which is the culprit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #28
matts6887

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Indeed; the startup folder should show you what files and or programs are loading on startup.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #29
Skits559

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
Skits559, I don't know if you are wrong or not, sorry if I gave that impression. I could have worded my post better.

My concern was that the tool actually deleted stuff where I thought it would just give a report.

I restored the registry from the ERUNT backup then deleted a few of the registry entries but not all. Also restored C:\windows\syswow64\wnlt from backup.

I'll have to ask around and see what other folks think of the tool.
Iunderstand ZTruker, to be honest i was a little scared,(i think the red bold letters did it^_^) but just to be clear it really wasnt my place to try and go out on a limb talking about somthing i know nothing about, as for the program, i was referred to it by JaCee, while asking for a program to clean my computer as best as i could without clean installing, and i have also seen the tool thrown around the forums alot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #30
Patera

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
I wrote this... it's in your logs!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Autostart folders:

[Startup (3)]
oawl99f.lnk

[User Startup (3)]
oawl99f.lnk

What are those shortcuts? They look like the initial error message you posted!
And your initial post talks about C:PROG~3\f991wao.jss
------
f991wao is the reverse of oawl99f (and only 1 replaced by l). Not a coincidence I think!!!!!?
what are they?? Look in your startup folder

Move the two oawl99f.lnk files to some temp folder. Now reboot. Problem solved?
=======
Maybe better: run the startupitems in that folder one by one to be sure which is the culprit
That was odd! I typed the corrected file name into the search box, and it shut down my computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Error Message On Startup




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Error message understanding help: What is causing this on startup?
Friends I have a .dll fault, I think, causing a repetitive memory-write error on each startup. I'm pasting below the info. I'm told there is a process monitor or .dll monitor or some utility that can associate the error with the process or .dll involved in the error but I'm not sure which it is. ...
BSOD Help and Support
Startup Error Message: msiaxs32.dll
Hi everybody, Im having this issue for more than 3 months and no interest in finding a solution was shown at any other forum so Im not that optimistic for here as well but I would be very grateful if anyone would show interest and might help me find a solution. Im a senior Information Systems...
System Security
Startup Repair not working, I/O error message in cmd prompt
Hey guys, i am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit on my core i3 lennovo laptop Problem is that i have been running a 2nd monitor and about a month ago the laptop screen went crazy and stopped working but the monitor kept working so i just went along with that. All has been fine but 2 days ago a...
General Discussion
Error message on startup
Everytime I login a popup appears: I've just uninstalled a program which it might be related to but I haven't had any problems anywhere. I've searched for the file in the folder and in start menu and its not coming up with anything. Running Windows 7 Home Premium. Thanks.
General Discussion
RunDLL error message each startup
The message is: Error in c:\windows\netframe.dll Missing entry: run I had some Trojan problems but I think I managed to get that all cleaned up. Googling came up with nothing regarding netframe.dll. What should I do next? Delete it?
BSOD Help and Support
error message at startup
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/144/errorm.png sorry... don't know how to embed the image in a post but could you please look at the error message I have started to get at startup for no apparent reason... I found the event in the logs and it say's something like 'Group Policy Client...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App