Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I reformated my computer, now I cannot find sticky notes/paint etc

12 Jan 2014   #11
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

But right click "display all user" at programs->maintenance opens folder "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance"?

But right click "display all user" at programs->startup opens folder "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"?

the two folders do exist?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Jan 2014   #12
Leimone

Win7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
But right click "display all user" at programs->maintenance opens folder "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance"?

But right click "display all user" at programs->startup opens folder "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"?

the two folders do exist?
When you say "display all user" you mean "Open file location".

Maintenance folder does NOT exist, the start up exists but it's empty
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #13
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Post screenshot of folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs please
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jan 2014   #14
Leimone

Win7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Post screenshot of folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs please
http://i.imgur.com/KJJGwM1.png
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #15
Callender

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Try Control Panel

Try this:

Click Start -> “Computer”, then click the Organize button -> Folder and search options -> View tab. In the View window select “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.

Then browse to:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

If you can see Paint, Snipping Tool and Sticky Notes then right click on each and select "Properties"

On the "General" tab make sure that the checkbox labelled "Hidden" is clear. If it's checked - uncheck it then click "OK"


If you don't see Paint, Snipping Tool and Sticky Notes in that folder you'll have to reinstall them. You can get them from here:

Accessories folder for Windows 7 Program Data: (Direct download link. Zipped file).

Extract the files, copy “Accessories” and paste to (Replace username with the name of your user account):


C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\


Might need a reboot to take effect.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #16
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leimone View Post

When you say "display all user" you mean "Open file location".
I mean "Explore All Users" or "Open All Users"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #17
Leimone

Win7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Callender View Post
Try this:

Click Start -> “Computer”, then click the Organize button -> Folder and search options -> View tab. In the View window select “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.

Then browse to:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

If you can see Paint, Snipping Tool and Sticky Notes then right click on each and select "Properties"

On the "General" tab make sure that the checkbox labelled "Hidden" is clear. If it's checked - uncheck it then click "OK"


If you don't see Paint, Snipping Tool and Sticky Notes in that folder you'll have to reinstall them. You can get them from here:

Accessories folder for Windows 7 Program Data: (Direct download link. Zipped file).

Extract the files, copy “Accessories” and paste to (Replace username with the name of your user account):


C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\


Might need a reboot to take effect.
I love you, thank you!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leimone View Post

When you say "display all user" you mean "Open file location".
I mean "Explore All Users" or "Open All Users"
Thanks for the help but Callender made it work thanks guys!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #18
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Callender View Post
Try this:

Click Start -> “Computer”, then click the Organize button -> Folder and search options -> View tab. In the View window select “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.

Then browse to:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

If you can see Paint, Snipping Tool and Sticky Notes then right click on each and select "Properties"

On the "General" tab make sure that the checkbox labelled "Hidden" is clear. If it's checked - uncheck itthen click "OK"


If you don't see Paint, Snipping Tool and Sticky Notes in that folder you'll have to reinstall them. You can get them from here:

Before You Download or Visit External Websites... ? Raymond.CC (Direct download link. Zipped file).

Extract the files, copy “Accessories” and paste to (Replace username with the name of your user account):


C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\


Might need a reboot to take effect.

the shortcuts aren't in C:\users\username......
They are on 1 place for all users!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #19
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Indeed Before You Download or Visit External Websites... ? Raymond.CC it has a copy of the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories folder
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #20
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

You're missing C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance as well.
copy it from another win7 system


Did you paste the stuff to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ ? then it works for you... but not for other users you create on your system!
Who, what and why was the stuff deleted? Did you move the stuff by accident?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I reformated my computer, now I cannot find sticky notes/paint etc




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sticky Notes Taskbar Hider - Send Notes to Tray!
Sticky Notes Taskbar Hider allows you to recover that lost taskbar space used by the awesome Windows 7 Sticky Notes feature. With complete functionality like launching on system startup, hotkeys, along with the super easy usability Sticky Notes Taskbar Hider can make your use of Sticky Notes a...
Software
Cannot find Sticky Notes Options
Hey everyone. I for some reason cannot find options or tools under the win7 Sticky Notes to change program and note settings. When I open sticky notes it just opens a sticky note on the desktop where I can add another or delete the one I have open. If I right-click on the sticky note all I...
Software
Sticky Notes
First, I made 6 sticky notes. They appeared on my desktop. Now they are place in my taskbar area and I am unable to place them on desktop. I have also tried to unpin them with no results. Secondly, When I made a new sticky note, about 2-3 days later they disappear...
General Discussion
how do I find the sticky notes?
I cant find the sticky notes. I miss them and I want them back. Cheers.
General Discussion
Sticky notes - how to 'keep on top'
I use the button at the bottom right hand corner of the screen to minimise all open windows and show the desktop. However, this also minimises my sticky notes and I have to remember to open them again. I hoped there was a way to keep them on the desktop? I searched on the microsoft site which...
Software
sticky notes
When I use a sticky note on a Word doc it does not stick but disappears. any ideas?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App