Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Paying by credit or debit card

02 Mar 2014   #1
RonBin79

Windows Seven Premium
 
 
Paying by credit or debit card

Can anyone put me on the right road to getting a system that will allow visitors to our church web site who wish to make a donation to our church, either by visa debit or credit card be able to do so please?

I have a set of suitable icons but need the engine to drive the system. Unfortunately, I know nothing about this sort of thing at all and am completely in the dark, therefor any help I can get will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RonBin79


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Mar 2014   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Well first up Ron a lot depends on the security of the system that you and the donator use.
I don't know of any programs that will do what you want and I am assuming you have a server for your church site?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #3
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

Hello Ron,

your first stop would probably be your website hosting company, it may be that they have a pre built application that can be added to your website, that can handle donations, most hosting companies will have shopping facility's that can be added to the site suitably modified this could suit you perfectly as it retains all control "in House"

Another alternative would be one of the various charity donation sites eg. just giving - Online fundraising donations and ideas - JustGiving that handle this type of thing for individuals and small groups.

anoher option would be to create a paypall account for the church and a simple form on your site will allow visitors to make fixed or variable donations, visitors will need a paypall account in order to pay but quite a few if not most of those who are likely to give this way would have such an account already


Hope this helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Mar 2014   #4
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RonBin79 View Post
Can anyone put me on the right road to getting a system that will allow visitors to our church web site who wish to make a donation to our church, either by visa debit or credit card be able to do so please?

I have a set of suitable icons but need the engine to drive the system. Unfortunately, I know nothing about this sort of thing at all and am completely in the dark, therefor any help I can get will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RonBin79
The following site has some very good information;

Credit Card Processing - Options for Nonprofits

I have worked for a credit card processing company and the information from the above link is concise and easy to understand.

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #5
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Ron,
I have two credit cards with one being for my personal purchases.
The other (with smaller amounts in it) for online purchases and or donations. This way only a small amount is at risk.
Then I only use their PayPal accounts when making donations etc...

Barman has some good ideas for you church in setting up a PayPal account or check out his other options for your church.
Best of luck,
THW
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #6
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Another vote for using Paypal.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #7
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

If you expect a large volume of donations you might consider the merchant account. But for small volume, ease of use etc.. it is tough to beat PayPal. All you need to do is fill out a form on PayPal(once the church has a paypal account) to generate code for a Donate Button. The donator after pushing the button, is presented with the option of using the supported credit cards or logging in to their PayPal account. Generally you associate an email account with the donate button. Once set up anyone may send you money.

The only thing that may be a bit cumbersome is donations in other than US Dollars. But for US currency it's quite straight-forward. You paste the button code into the web page at the point you wish the button to show.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2014   #8
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
If you expect a large volume of donations you might consider the merchant account. But for small volume, ease of use etc.. it is tough to beat PayPal. All you need to do is fill out a form on PayPal(once the church has a paypal account) to generate code for a Donate Button. The donator after pushing the button, is presented with the option of using the supported credit cards or logging in to their PayPal account. Generally you associate an email account with the donate button. Once set up anyone may send you money.

The only thing that may be a bit cumbersome is donations in other than US Dollars. But for US currency it's quite straight-forward. You paste the button code into the web page at the point you wish the button to show.
The link I provided includes PayPal;

(quote)
There are commercial third party processors as well, such as PayPal, a widely used processor used by small businesses and many nonprofits. PayPal transaction fees range from 1.9% + $.30 per transaction for nonprofit organizations with over $100,000 monthly volume and 2.2% + $.30 per transaction for organizations with less than $100,000 monthly volume. PayPal offers several options for nonprofits, including a giving widget that the nonprofit can use on its own website.
(end quote)

Just an FYI; The fees quoted for PayPal are higher than what may be available on a commercial account.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2014   #9
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

One thing we have to remember here is that Ron is in the UK, US and UK rules for Charitable donations and how they are handled by the likes of PayPal are completely different
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2014   #10
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
One thing we have to remember here is that Ron is in the UK, US and UK rules for Charitable donations and how they are handled by the likes of PayPal are completely different
Good point. I should have noticed the flag. I must've been a cup short of a coffee.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Paying by credit or debit card




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Man who created own credit card sues bank
LOL. Man who created own credit card sues bank for not sticking to terms - Telegraph
Chillout Room
How 'free trial' web offers can be credit card traps
How 'free trial' web offers can be credit card traps | PCWorld
News
Blue Screen during Credit Card purchase
I got a BSOD during a credit card purchase and it was right after I finished entering all the information and then clicked checkout or whatever. As soon as the page loaded saying "Processing order...", about 3 seconds later it just crashed. I was wondering do you think this will affect my order...
BSOD Help and Support
HELP? I get strange error that I am missing credit card information.
When i start up the computer and run the internet explorer, a strange message popup box tells me that I inserted an invalid credit card number for my bank and I need to re enter my credit card number and pin number? Is this real?? It show my bank logo and it display my name and address too!
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App