Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't find a reputable seller who is selling Win 7 Pro/Ultimate

03 Mar 2014   #31
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

A couple of copies of OEM will cost less than one retail and will most likely last unto 01/14/2020 when Win 7 reaches EOL. That's assuming 3.5 years life per computer.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Mar 2014   #32
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

What will we do after 2020 ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2014   #33
HaneZane001

Windows XP 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
w7 Ultimate was released at $399 if I recall so anything under that is a deal. It's the key, not the install media, that determines what version you can install and activate.
I do trust Amazon, but you should look for the "A to Z Guarantee" when buying, they will refund your money if you should get a counterfeit.

Some that have been linked to are the "old" version, meaning they don't have SP1 included which can be overcome by making your own media and using the purchased key.

See the Note under "Here's How": Clean Install Windows 7
Actually Windows 7 Ultimate was released for $320 and was on sale for $250 at amazon. Here is the link:
Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: windows_7: Software

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Yes, you would need the proper key.

I`m not surprised at all at the high prices, Windows 7 retail is like gold.

At least in my opinion

If you upgrade the motherboard now, and don`t plan to change it, and that motherboard lasts more then a few years, Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 Bit OEM is all you`ll ever need.

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit OS - Newegg.com
Well I just bought a dead socket then since I just bought a i7 4770k and that is on the lga 1150 socket. Which is being replaced by the haswell refresh socket & the x99 socket for enthusiasts. Even though the cpu will last me long I just can't stand oems tbh. I'll just save money up for the the full version I guess.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
A couple of copies of OEM will cost less than one retail and will most likely last unto 01/14/2020 when Win 7 reaches EOL. That's assuming 3.5 years life per computer.
True, but I can't stand getting oems sadly even more so with their packaging. Anyways I guess I'll buy windows 7 in the future after I finish putting together my new computer. Or when christmas or my birthday rolls around I could always just ask for windows 7 ultimate.

anyways thanks for all the reply's & support. Is there anyway to lock this topic or is that a moderator only thing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Mar 2014   #34
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
What will we do after 2020 ?
Maybe use Windows 12 by then. With a neural interface like what Steven Hawking uses to speak and move his chair with.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2014   #35
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Maybe by then Microsoft will have come out with another Operating System that can surpass Windows 7

OEM and Retail are the same exact thing. As far as the operating system goes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2014   #36
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Maybe by then Microsoft will have come out with another Operating System that can surpass Windows 7

OEM and Retail are the same exact thing. As far as the operating system goes.
Yep but with different licensing. One is transferable but the other is not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2014   #37
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Give these people a call.

http://www.evaluesoftware.com/index.php?l=search_list&s[search]=windows+7&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=N&s[full_desc]=N&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2014   #38
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HaneZane001 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
w7 Ultimate was released at $399 if I recall so anything under that is a deal. It's the key, not the install media, that determines what version you can install and activate.
I do trust Amazon, but you should look for the "A to Z Guarantee" when buying, they will refund your money if you should get a counterfeit.

Some that have been linked to are the "old" version, meaning they don't have SP1 included which can be overcome by making your own media and using the purchased key.

See the Note under "Here's How": Clean Install Windows 7
Actually Windows 7 Ultimate was released for $320 and was on sale for $250 at amazon. Here is the link:
Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: windows_7: Software

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Yes, you would need the proper key.

I`m not surprised at all at the high prices, Windows 7 retail is like gold.

At least in my opinion

If you upgrade the motherboard now, and don`t plan to change it, and that motherboard lasts more then a few years, Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 Bit OEM is all you`ll ever need.

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit OS - Newegg.com
Well I just bought a dead socket then since I just bought a i7 4770k and that is on the lga 1150 socket. Which is being replaced by the haswell refresh socket & the x99 socket for enthusiasts. Even though the cpu will last me long I just can't stand oems tbh. I'll just save money up for the the full version I guess.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
A couple of copies of OEM will cost less than one retail and will most likely last unto 01/14/2020 when Win 7 reaches EOL. That's assuming 3.5 years life per computer.
True, but I can't stand getting oems sadly even more so with their packaging. Anyways I guess I'll buy windows 7 in the future after I finish putting together my new computer. Or when christmas or my birthday rolls around I could always just ask for windows 7 ultimate.

anyways thanks for all the reply's & support. Is there anyway to lock this topic or is that a moderator only thing?
You're dreaming. Legitimate copies are rare now. If you can find one later (highly unlikely) and be sure it is legitimate (difficult to impossible at best), it's going to be at a ridiculously inflated price.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2014   #39
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Give these people a call.

eValueSoftware.com[search]=windows+7&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=N&s[full_desc]=N&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all
Another dodgy vendor. Read here.

This from the BBB:

This business has a pattern of complaints in which consumers allege receiving product codes and license keys that have previously been registered to someone else or installed in too many locations. The business responds to complaints by issuing refunds or sending different license keys and has responded to the BBBs concerns,

While the business has responded to the BBB's concerns and issuing refunds and sending new product out to their consumers, BBB has continued to receive complaints with the same underlying issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2014   #40
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

HaneZane -- You can buy three OEM Copies for $300. When you change your motherboard in your PC, just use a different OEM Product Key. You are going to have a hard time finding the full version and you can get as many OEM's as you want now. == One thing to remember too, just because some vendor is selling on Amazon and says it is the Full Version, that does not mean it is. He could mail you an OEM because he figures most people don't know the difference.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't find a reputable seller who is selling Win 7 Pro/Ultimate




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Where can I find the latest Windows 7 Ultimate from Microsoft please?
Awhile back when I needed to update my Win7 x64 to SP1 someone on here pointed me to the relevant MS web page for the downloads. A friend needs the download page for his 32 bit Ultimate download, can anyone point me to this please? He has a legal registration key. Many thanks.
General Discussion
Can't find drivers during Windows 7 ultimate x64 installation?
Alright I'm trying to do a custom installation of windows 7 ultimate, after finding out my computer won't boot. But then it says there were no drivers found. Where do I find my drivers? There is only an X: (boot) drive as a system partition. I have an Acer Aspire V3-551 with an AMD A8 2.8 Ghz...
Installation & Setup
How do i report a bad seller of microsoft Products
How do i report a bad seller of microsoft Products? I bought windows 7 professional off Amazon through Razor software Norwich and the Product key has been blocked by Microsoft. I don't want anyone else to recieve bad software conditon was new full pc 1 user 32 bit and 64 bit.:mad:
Windows Updates & Activation
1962 Glass could be Corning's next best seller
Read this article and wanted to post it since it seems shortly those of you with multi monitors or wanting to use Eyefinity will benefit from greatly. Further down the article it states. So it appears shortly you'll be seeing TV's and LCD's without Bezels, thus providing a seamless look to...
Chillout Room
Did I find a difference between Ultimate/Enterprise?
I've been running Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM) on my machine for a few weeks, but recently I got access to download the Enterprise edition (which is what I'll be deploying at my company). I've noticed a small change in the way the lock screen works - in ultimate when the computer is locked and I...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App