Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Please help anyone!! Urgent!!

11 Mar 2014   #1
Bradley74

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 
Please help anyone!! Urgent!!

Well, I've just took out the RAM memories today and swapped them from slot to slots to see if that makes any difference or changes.

The thing is, once I put them back on again and start my computer, the system seems lagging more and even slowing down?

So the question is, how do we fix this?

Does anyone ever came across similar issues like this?
Any ideas upon how to fixing this matter?

Thank you all for the supports and very much appreciated.

Specs are:
RAM Brands: 2GB Kingston (x2) and 2GB Transcend (x1). Total 6GB
OS: Windows Se7en Ultimate X64 SP1


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Mar 2014   #2
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

You'd fix it by putting the sticks back in their original position.

BUT--how much of the slowdown is real and how much is your imagination or placebo effect?

If you moved the sticks back to their original position, I'd guess it's your imagination. You say "seems".

Assuming all of the RAM is still fully recognized, all you might have done by moving the RAM is to change from dual channel to single channel---which I wouldn't expect to be noticeable in ordinary usage.

You're not likely to hurt anything. Run some benchmarks. You might see a difference. Dual channel is preferable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2014   #3
Bradley74

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
You'd fix it by putting the sticks back in their original position.

BUT--how much of the slowdown is real and how much is your imagination or placebo effect?

If you moved the sticks back to their original position, I'd guess it's your imagination. You say "seems".

Assuming all of the RAM is still fully recognized, all you might have done by moving the RAM is to change from dual channel to single channel---which I wouldn't expect to be noticeable in ordinary usage.

You're not likely to hurt anything. Run some benchmarks. You might see a difference. Dual channel is preferable.
I am running with Dual Channel, and I did replace them back to its origin place where I took them out. But still the system is just lag and slower than before.

All the RAM are recognised and works as it is, the only difference is that lag and slowing down gets me in the head. It shouldn't be like this either, and I've never came like this before.

What sortta Benchmarks you talking about in order to run and what does it do?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Mar 2014   #4
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

There are several benchmark tools out there like SiSoft Sandra and Passmark, but.........you won't have a benchmark for your old setup when things were "good". You didn't run one then. All you can do is run a test now--but you have nothing to compare it to--you don't have the benchmark from when things were "good". So you'll still be subject to your imagination and it may still "get you in the head".

You can also run memtest86 to see if some of your RAM has suddenly gone bad.

Here's a video on dual channel versus single channel tests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSX2taw-Y4
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2014   #5
Bradley74

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
There are several benchmark tools out there like SiSoft Sandra and Passmark, but.........you won't have a benchmark for your old setup when things were "good". You didn't run one then. All you can do is run a test now--but you have nothing to compare it to--you don't have the benchmark from when things were "good". So you'll still be subject to your imagination and it may still "get you in the head".

You can also run memtest86 to see if some of your RAM has suddenly gone bad.

Here's a video on dual channel versus single channel tests:

RAM Benchmark: Dual-Channel vs. Single-Channel - Does it Matter? - YouTube
Alright, thanks very much for the superb supports, and I'll see what I can do and might as well run the test memories if necessary.

If there's any further advises or tips please advice them.

Cheers mate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2014   #6
Bernardus

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Why not try with just a single memorystrip?
You may select who causes de delay.

The best thing to do is tot run a memorytest from DOS.
There are even from Aida or Everest small routines which you can load from a CD.
This eliminates Windows doubts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2014   #7
gregrocker

 

What happens if you run only the 2 Kingston sticks?

This tutorial will show you how to test all of your sticks, together and then individually, to determine if any are bad. It will also show you how to eliminate slots as the cause of the problem. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Keep in mind Kingston has the best tech support in the business and will replace any stick that they help you test which proves bad, even if you didn't buy it from them. I always get a problem solved when I involve them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2014   #8
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

What is your WEI score for memory ?

Are you positive it`s running in dual channel ?

Have you confirmed with CPU-Z ?

You have 2 2GB and 1 2GB stick, meaning if you have 4 slots you still have 1 open. Meaning it may not be running in Dual channel.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2014   #9
Bradley74

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
What happens if you run only the 2 Kingston sticks?

This tutorial will show you how to test all of your sticks, together and then individually, to determine if any are bad. It will also show you how to eliminate slots as the cause of the problem. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Keep in mind Kingston has the best tech support in the business and will replace any stick that they help you test which proves bad, even if you didn't buy it from them. I always get a problem solved when I involve them.
I already did Memtest and no problems found. But the system itself still lags??

Its funny that, before moving them it was running pretty smoothly unlike anything happend, but after removing them into different slots the system lags and slows down??

So what I did was replace them back to their original states, but nothing works, still lags and slows down!!

Any ideas what might be causing then??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2014   #10
Bradley74

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
What is your WEI score for memory ?

Are you positive it`s running in dual channel ?

Have you confirmed with CPU-Z ?

You have 2 2GB and 1 2GB stick, meaning if you have 4 slots you still have 1 open. Meaning it may not be running in Dual channel.
Yes, that is correct, I have one slot left, only got three slots plugged. But that not the thing I am concerning about.

The question is, before removing them into different slots everything works smoothly, but after removing them into/changing them into different slots it slows down and lags. You could pretty much feel and tell the difference right away when the computer starts.

So I assume that something I never seen before, and never came across like this before. I did turned off the power while replace/removing them into different slots though.

I can't see how this occurred itself though??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Please help anyone!! Urgent!!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
[URGENT] BOOT LOADER ERROR [URGENT]
Hi Guys, This is quite a long story, So let me get straight to the point. :) On my Dell Optiplex 360 Computer (Windows 7-Ultimate) I partitioned the hard drive to make space for another windows installation. I then installed Windows Vista Ultimate on it. All of that went successfully but...
Installation & Setup
PLEASE HELP RATHER URGENT :)
i have windows xp currently on one pc it is xp service pack 3 i have got a piad copy of win 7 upgrade for vista , what i am wondering is would this copy of win 7 work on my xp computer if i blew it away and inserted this cd ?? also would i have to upgrade drivers if this would work ...
Installation & Setup
Help please urgent!
Hello I'm new to this forum and I need help please :) My computer specs are: OS: Windows 7 x64 CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz RAM: 4GB DDR2 800MHz GRAPHICS CARD: Asus Geforce GTX260 MOTHERBORAD: Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Everything works perfectly new computer and newly...
BSOD Help and Support
Urgent help plz
Hey guys...plz help me out as soon as possible...i thought of changing the windows startup sound using the tutorial on this site...i renamed imageres.dll to imageresold.dll....it automatically made a file called imageresoriginal.dll also...within the system32 folder...i was continuing with the...
BSOD Help and Support
[URGENT] All System Restore Point Gone!![/URGENT]
The problem occurred when I made a standard user account and through that i redirected to the admin profile under c:/Users/xxxx and i right clicked the profile>properties>security> and i removed the standard account access to that admin folder and got some "Access denied error". After i logged off...
Backup and Restore
I need Urgent Help!
I encrypted in my LG laptop with omnipass some very important word office documents. I broke my LG laptot in 4 pieces. I have this files in my external hard disk,i copy paste them in my desktop i setup omnipass and i try to Decrypt them . But i can't,what im doing wrong? Please help,those files...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App