|06 Apr 2014||#1|
| || |
Best configuration for Windows 7 and browser for my demand
I have an old laptop.
HP Compaq 6820s
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2390 1.86GHz
Video Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon X1350
I use Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 + last updates.
Browser: Google Chrome
95% of the time I use this laptop to watch videos here: Seneste vist på tv | Find TV Program | DR
The Windows has just been installed on the fresh formatted partition. But even in this situation when I only watch the videos from the above link, they still work interrupted sometimes, and Google Chrome loads a lot the task manager.
Considering the above please answer to the next questions:
1. Which are the best optimizations for Windows 7 to help me to see those videos smoother?
2. Do you consider is there any other browser which is more dedicated and lighter for watching videos online? If no, tell me please with are the best optimizations for Google Chrome to improve it for my demand.
Thank you very much !
|My System Specs|
|06 Apr 2014||#2|
| || |
I happen to know the Danish PBS service DR's website as I follow TV from all Scandinavian countries, simply switching to a proxy in respective country and logging in to DR (Denmark), NRK (Norway) or SVT (Sweden). For my native Finland I have other IPTV based services available.
There's a point in me telling the above: I really know the website you are using, and know that there's really not much you can do to make your watching experience smoother using your current laptop. Here's first a screenshot, watching a documentary on DR about Henry VIII of England:
This means the specs of a PC to watch DR stream don't have to be anything special to watch a smooth DR video stream, except for one thing: the GPU, the video adapter. As changing GPU in a laptop is really difficult, you have to cope with what you have.
Here are my tips to you:
1. Run MSConfig.exe, edit Startup by disabling autostart of any unnecessary programs:
2. Edit Services by disabling all but Microsoft services:
3. Use smaller resolution in order to use less resources; your laptop's native max resolution is 1440 * 900 but changing that to for instance 1280 * 768 uses much less resources but the video quality remains almost the sameKari
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Best configuration for Windows 7 and browser for my demand|
|HP promotes Windows 7 PC sales; says they are "back by popular demand"||News|
|Opera 18 Standalone Browser - configuration?||Browsers & Mail|
|Windows Update IE10 Install messes up default browser configuration||Browsers & Mail|
|Computer Browser,Netlogin,Remote Desktop Configuration Fails to Start||Network & Sharing|
|Windows 7 to go at work...on manager's demand.||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.