Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to add a program to the Open With Window


12 Apr 2014   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
How to add a program to the Open With Window

I have read all the posts for my proplem but it has not been covered.
I have .sig files (PrintMAster files) that will not open. I click on the files, Open With box opens and there is no PM to associte with it. Then I Choose Other Programs ansd it is not there either.
My PM program runs, nut will not open PM files on the desltop.

I have even tried strat programs, all programs and it shows up as a file. I can open and copy it but have no way to put it into the default box.

I use this program almost every day...It is currently trying to open with IE

I am at my wits end.....somebody, anybody throw me a rope.....

Thankx, purplelover

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Apr 2014   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by purplelover View Post
I have read all the posts for my proplem but it has not been covered.
I have .sig files (PrintMAster files) that will not open. I click on the files, Open With box opens and there is no PM to associte with it. Then I Choose Other Programs ansd it is not there either.
My PM program runs, nut will not open PM files on the desltop.

I have even tried strat programs, all programs and it shows up as a file. I can open and copy it but have no way to put it into the default box.

I use this program almost every day...It is currently trying to open with IE

I am at my wits end.....somebody, anybody throw me a rope.....

Thankx, purplelover
Visit the following link;

Open With - Add Program

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2014   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64 Sp1
 
 

Right click-open with. Click browse. Browse to the application icon under c\program files. Then click open. Choose always use the selected program to open this kind of file. Click ok.

Also see here: Open With - Change Default Program
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Apr 2014   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Open with program

Hope I don't get you 2 confused.....

Andrew this was the same info I have checked it was from 2009 and it does not apply to my problem. I do not have the Printmaster in the Open With Window choose default OR browse. It IS in my start programs as a file. I can open it but can't figure out how to get it into the Open With window.

Sir Charles this download is limited and they want money. I spent $29 last weekend with a place claiming to fix my specific problem. I was on the phone for 45min and it did not fix it. He says he did a registry fix and diagnostic and said it had to be cleaned IMMEDIATELY! Come to find out he wanted to sell me a $200 for the cleaning charge me $39 a month to keep me running. After we hung up I changed all my passwords , did a registry clean and reinstalled PM. Still an orphaned file.

How can my PrintMaster program run and not be in the Open With, Choose Default or Browse browse windows. I am not the puter genius' you guys are . I am SURE someone can figure it out.....Thankx Andrew and Sir Charles. Any other ideas?????
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2014   #5
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Post a snip of you similar window:

This is the preferred, best way to upload an image or a file to a post.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Press the ALT and PrntScrn keys at the same time, this will capture only the active window to use in Paint or your preferred graphics editor.


You may also upload a photo or image you already have on your PC,as you would a file, without using the Snipping tool.




Did you try this from Brink's tutorial?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink
C) Select the program that you want to open the file with. (See screenshot above)
NOTE: If the program you wanted to select is still not listed, then click on the Browse button and navigate to the program's exe file. Select it, and click on the Open button to add it to be able to select it.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2014   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by purplelover View Post
Hope I don't get you 2 confused.....

Andrew this was the same info I have checked it was from 2009 and it does not apply to my problem. I do not have the Printmaster in the Open With Window choose default OR browse. It IS in my start programs as a file. I can open it but can't figure out how to get it into the Open With window.

Sir Charles this download is limited and they want money. I spent $29 last weekend with a place claiming to fix my specific problem. I was on the phone for 45min and it did not fix it. He says he did a registry fix and diagnostic and said it had to be cleaned IMMEDIATELY! Come to find out he wanted to sell me a $200 for the cleaning charge me $39 a month to keep me running. After we hung up I changed all my passwords , did a registry clean and reinstalled PM. Still an orphaned file.

How can my PrintMaster program run and not be in the Open With, Choose Default or Browse browse windows. I am not the puter genius' you guys are . I am SURE someone can figure it out.....Thankx Andrew and Sir Charles. Any other ideas?????
My name is Sir George, not Charles, just so no one gets confused. The download by Ramesh is free and is in a zip format for download at the following site;

Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog

The program has always been free and you may donate if you find it useful. Please post a screen shot of the request for payment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2014   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64 Sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by purplelover View Post
I spent $29 last weekend with a place claiming to fix my specific problem. I was on the phone for 45min and it did not fix it. He says he did a registry fix and diagnostic and said it had to be cleaned IMMEDIATELY!
You might have been scammed and have way more issues then you realize.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2014   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Here is a pic of the open with window.....No PrintMAster


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2014   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Did you see this?


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30
Did you try this from Brink's tutorial?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink
C) Select the program that you want to open the file with. (See screenshot above)
NOTE: If the program you wanted to select is still not listed, then click on the Browse button and navigate to the program's exe file. Select it, and click on the Open button to add it to be able to select it.

Click the Browse button and search the C:\program files (x86) for printmaster and find the .exe file.

It could be in the C:\program files folder but I would check the above first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2014   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Open With

Sir George so sorry for the screw up.....whatever was I thinking????

Britton30
" Quote: Originally Posted by Brink
C) Select the program that you want to open the file with. (See screenshot above)
NOTE: If the program you wanted to select is still not listed, then click on the Browse button and navigate to the program's exe file. Select it, and click on the Open button to add it to be able to select it.'"


Brinks post does not address my problem. It is not anywhere he suggests.......

I am sorry but I must not be explaining myself very well...
The Printmaster Icon is NOT in the Open With window
It is Not in the Recommended OR Other Programs window
When I click the BROWSE button all that is there are files and NO Printmaster File

The ONLY place that shows a PrintMaster file is in start open programs.....
Pretty please there must be some answer....pleae don't give up on me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to add a program to the Open With Window




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33