Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Default IME is not responding

02 Jul 2014   #1
shippou

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 
Default IME is not responding

Some bugs have started appearing, first it was MPC freezing and crashing with WMP just freezing up for no reason at times. When trying to restart the computer I see this message of defualt IME not responding.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Jul 2014   #2
HarriePateman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Hello shippou,

As you have not provided much information please can you download this tool.

SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting

And Grab all please.

This will allow me to look at the event log.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #3
shippou

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Got this error: Sorry no dumb found!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jul 2014   #4
HarriePateman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Did you click "Grab All"?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #5
shippou

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Yes, I always grab everything I can for I am a man.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #6
HarriePateman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 



Please could you find in manually for me, and send it.

Reason being is i need to see what program caused IME to fail.

Event Viewer - Open and Use in Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #7
shippou

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

I wasn't on topic? You've asked me if I chosen grab all and I've answered yes.

I have opened my event viewer, what do I do next?

Also I cannot see my D hard drive when I click on "my computer" from some reason. When restarting it reappears
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #8
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shippou View Post
Some bugs have started appearing, first it was MPC freezing and crashing with WMP just freezing up for no reason at times. When trying to restart the computer I see this message of defualt IME not responding.
Some background information;

IME is the Input Method Editor (how Windows interprets your keystrokes on keyboard and converts them into characters when you type). This is started when you install input support for regional languages.

Default IME is the currently selected IME for a window. Default IME has no window of its own and it always points to the window using it. So if you have Windows Media Player(WMP) in focus and you want to find out which window Default IME belongs to, it will show WMP. If you have Wordpad in focus, it will show Wordpad and so on.

Default IME is always running. It runs even in Safe Mode of Windows.

Possible solution for your problem;

1) Open WMP
2) Go to menu Tools>Options>Network Tab>Streaming Proxy Settings Section
3) Configure any listed streaming protocol (HTTP/RTSP) to "Do not use a proxy server".
Sometimes the problem occurs when HTTP is set to "Use proxy settings of the Web Browser"

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #9
shippou

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shippou View Post
Some bugs have started appearing, first it was MPC freezing and crashing with WMP just freezing up for no reason at times. When trying to restart the computer I see this message of defualt IME not responding.
Some background information;

IME is the Input Method Editor (how Windows interprets your keystrokes on keyboard and converts them into characters when you type). This is started when you install input support for regional languages.

Default IME is the currently selected IME for a window. Default IME has no window of its own and it always points to the window using it. So if you have Windows Media Player(WMP) in focus and you want to find out which window Default IME belongs to, it will show WMP. If you have Wordpad in focus, it will show Wordpad and so on.

Default IME is always running. It runs even in Safe Mode of Windows.

Possible solution for your problem;

1) Open WMP
2) Go to menu Tools>Options>Network Tab>Streaming Proxy Settings Section
3) Configure any listed streaming protocol (HTTP/RTSP) to "Do not use a proxy server".
Sometimes the problem occurs when HTTP is set to "Use proxy settings of the Web Browser"

HTH
I have turned HTTP off right now just like you've said, can I give you an e-hug as a sign of my gratitude?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #10
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shippou View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shippou View Post
Some bugs have started appearing, first it was MPC freezing and crashing with WMP just freezing up for no reason at times. When trying to restart the computer I see this message of defualt IME not responding.
Some background information;

IME is the Input Method Editor (how Windows interprets your keystrokes on keyboard and converts them into characters when you type). This is started when you install input support for regional languages.

Default IME is the currently selected IME for a window. Default IME has no window of its own and it always points to the window using it. So if you have Windows Media Player(WMP) in focus and you want to find out which window Default IME belongs to, it will show WMP. If you have Wordpad in focus, it will show Wordpad and so on.

Default IME is always running. It runs even in Safe Mode of Windows.

Possible solution for your problem;

1) Open WMP
2) Go to menu Tools>Options>Network Tab>Streaming Proxy Settings Section
3) Configure any listed streaming protocol (HTTP/RTSP) to "Do not use a proxy server".
Sometimes the problem occurs when HTTP is set to "Use proxy settings of the Web Browser"

HTH
I have turned HTTP off right now just like you've said, can I give you an e-hug as a sign of my gratitude?
I always appreciate a hug, thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Default IME is not responding




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Default Operating System - Change Default Boot OS
How to Change the Default Operating System to Start in Windows 7 and Vista If you dual boot with one or more operating systems installed other than Windows 7 or Vista, then this will show you how to change the default operating system to start in the Windows Boot Manager. You must be logged...
Tutorials
DNS server not responding after I have returned to the factory default
Hi. Recently, I have realized that I cannot open ports anymore. I searched around the web and saw that returning to the factory default configuration can fix the problem. I did that, but now I can't access the internet because of the "DNS server not responding" error. Luckily though, I have saved...
Network & Sharing
Default Gateway Not Available and/or DNS Server Not Responding
Sometimes I have internet connection for a few seconds, if I'm lucky maybe three minutes. I can get two different messages when I run the Windows Troubleshooting option: "DNS server isn't responding" or "The default gateway is not available." This has been going on about a week. I have not made...
Network & Sharing
how do i make mc7 default audio output separate from system default
I have searched the internet for a solution but am not able to find one. My issue is that i would like to be able to have media center audio play only through my tv and not through my pc main speaker system, tv is hooked through hdmi output on graphics card, speaker system through 5.1 output on...
Media Center
Default Programs - Change Default Icon in Start Menu
How to Change the Default "Default Programs" Icon in the Windows 7 Start Menu This will show you how to change the default Default Programs icon in the Windows 7 Start Menu to be a icon of your choice for all users or just your user account. EXAMPLE: Default Programs in the Start Menu ...
Tutorials
Is show process for all users turned off by default with default UAC e
Is show process for all users turned off by default with default UAC enabled? You have to click a show all process for all users button on the bottom of task manager by default? Is this normal?
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:35.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App