Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Updates and Malware enquiry

12 Jul 2014   #11
rich26

Windows7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

I tried the first tutorial but got stuck trying to open an elevated command prompt.
then went for next on the list, the disc check - checked both boxes, got the message that the disk was in use etc... then I stopped myself from throwing the laptop out the window, and went and mowed the lawn which made a bit more sense at the time, and now im back to persevere a little more :-)

by the way..., what is SP-1 chief? (uses best Maxwell Smart voice)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Jul 2014   #12
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rich26 View Post
I tried the first tutorial but got stuck trying to open an elevated command prompt.
then went for next on the list, the disc check - checked both boxes, got the message that the disk was in use etc... then I stopped myself from throwing the laptop out the window, and went and mowed the lawn which made a bit more sense at the time, and now im back to persevere a little more :-)

by the way..., what is SP-1 chief? (uses best Maxwell Smart voice)
Service Pack 1 How To Find What Windows 7 Service Pack is Installed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2014   #13
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Push the Pause and Windows Flag key and it will pop up.
If you have SP-1 you will see it there.

Windows 7 Updates and Malware enquiry-flag-key-pause-key.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jul 2014   #14
rich26

Windows7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

thanks guys, yes I have SP1. I'll see if can get further down the line with what youve provided.

btw, do I need to worry about SP-2 or 3 atm? i'll leave that alone for now unless it s suggested otherwise. thanks again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2014   #15
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rich26 View Post
thanks guys, yes I have SP1. I'll see if can get further down the line with what youve provided.

btw, do I need to worry about SP-2 or 3 atm? i'll leave that alone for now unless it s suggested otherwise. thanks again
Those don't exist for Windows 7 and most likely will not be since Microsoft will stop adding new features and performance improvements to Windows some time next year and will only make security updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2014   #16
rich26

Windows7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Computer0304 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rich26 View Post
thanks guys, yes I have SP1. I'll see if can get further down the line with what youve provided.

btw, do I need to worry about SP-2 or 3 atm? i'll leave that alone for now unless it s suggested otherwise. thanks again
Those don't exist for Windows 7 and most likely will not be since Microsoft will stop adding new features and performance improvements to Windows some time next year and will only make security updates.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ok thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2014   #17
rich26

Windows7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

so.. ran the disk check ok. took a while so I wasn't around for the report at the end but all seems good.

next is step 3 on the list, downloading anti-spyware if I remember correctly.. thank everyone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2014   #18
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rich26 View Post
so.. ran the disk check ok. took a while so I wasn't around for the report at the end but all seems good.

next is step 3 on the list, downloading anti-spyware if I remember correctly.. thank everyone
Yes mate run those I posted in post #2. If these do not come up with anything we can go further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2014   #19
rich26

Windows7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rich26 View Post
so.. ran the disk check ok. took a while so I wasn't around for the report at the end but all seems good.

next is step 3 on the list, downloading anti-spyware if I remember correctly.. thank everyone
Yes mate run those I posted in post #2. If these do not come up with anything we can go further.


ran the antispyware and it picked up two browser redirects and then a Trojan, total no. of threats fixed 141 apparantely. will keep going. thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2014   #20
rich26

Windows7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

update, ran malware fix, twice!! ...seems to be going ok.. movin on to the next step. thanx all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Updates and Malware enquiry




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Win7 x64 Sp1 (have sfc log) crashes and errors after updates-malware?
Good day all...I was referred to this sub-forum by andrew129260. First off, given everything I've read in the possible related threads, I am a noob. I am running a Toshiba Satellite L505, and last week I used cnet's "download app" updater and well, everything went down hill thereafter....
System Security
Folder Icon Enquiry
I noticed there is a mini lock icon besides the folder icons. What change did I make recently?
General Discussion
Calendar of Updates Giveaway-mamutu or Emsisoft Anti-Malware
hi.....for those interested... only on 13th august calendar of updates info about Calendar of Updates
System Security
64bit enquiry
So in an attempt to future-proof my laptop,, I've installed a 64bit ver of Windows Professional on my laptop. It works like the Previous Windows 7 Ultimate RC 32bit with a few benefits, like better scores in WEI for processor and memory (which i assume to be the norm for 64bit). However so far most...
General Discussion
Using software updates to spread malware
more..
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App