Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Infinite reboot loop after a BSoD and attempted windows updates

16 Jul 2014   #101
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sk8kidamh View Post
The start value is 2 as soon as I boot up, through all of that, and when I shut down. The only time it isn't 2 is if I go into the services.msc and change trustedinstaller to manual.
You told me before that after you reset it to 3 in recovery environment the system boots fine.
So it's 3 then and you boot succesfully. So it must have been set to 2 prior to boot process by some mysterious thing. You agree?

Once again: set it to 3 and boot. after logon: still 3? If not ... set it to 3 (same as manual). logoff/logon: still 3?

What phase does revert it to 2?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Jul 2014   #102
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

after testing: put value to 3 again. Install Windows Repair (All In One) especially the "repair windows update" should be run. "Restore important windows services" as well. "Set Windows Services to default setup" as well. And all other checks you want.

Post results. Now I gonna sleep.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #103
Sk8kidamh

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sk8kidamh View Post
The start value is 2 as soon as I boot up, through all of that, and when I shut down. The only time it isn't 2 is if I go into the services.msc and change trustedinstaller to manual.
You told me before that after you reset it to 3 in recovery environment the system boots fine.
So it's 3 then and you boot succesfully. So it must have been set to 2 prior to boot process by some mysterious thing. You agree?

Once again: set it to 3 and boot. after logon: still 3? If not ... set it to 3 (same as manual). logoff/logon: still 3?

What phase does revert it to 2?
Set it to 3 and boot: It's at 2 when I check it

I set it to 3
Log off and logon- still 3
Hibernate and turn back on - still 3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jul 2014   #104
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sk8kidamh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sk8kidamh View Post
The start value is 2 as soon as I boot up, through all of that, and when I shut down. The only time it isn't 2 is if I go into the services.msc and change trustedinstaller to manual.
You told me before that after you reset it to 3 in recovery environment the system boots fine.
So it's 3 then and you boot succesfully. So it must have been set to 2 prior to boot process by some mysterious thing. You agree?

Once again: set it to 3 and boot. after logon: still 3? If not ... set it to 3 (same as manual). logoff/logon: still 3?

What phase does revert it to 2?
Set it to 3 and boot: It's at 2 when I check it

I set it to 3
Log off and logon- still 3
Hibernate and turn back on - still 3
still 3 now? shutdown (I assume it will stay 3). Boot. Does it boot succesfully then? Value is 2 afterwards?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #105
Sk8kidamh

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sk8kidamh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
You told me before that after you reset it to 3 in recovery environment the system boots fine.
So it's 3 then and you boot succesfully. So it must have been set to 2 prior to boot process by some mysterious thing. You agree?

Once again: set it to 3 and boot. after logon: still 3? If not ... set it to 3 (same as manual). logoff/logon: still 3?

What phase does revert it to 2?
Set it to 3 and boot: It's at 2 when I check it

I set it to 3
Log off and logon- still 3
Hibernate and turn back on - still 3
still 3 now? shutdown (I assume it will stay 3). Boot. Does it boot succesfully then? Value is 2 afterwards?
Yeah. If I manually set the value to 3 while the computer is booted and then reboot, it reboots normally but resets the value to 2.

I'm about to go try that tool you linked to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2014   #106
Sk8kidamh

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I ended up doing a windows upgrade, which I believe has solved the remained of my issues. Thank you so much for all of your help Kaktussoft!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2014   #107
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sk8kidamh View Post
I ended up doing a windows upgrade, which I believe has solved the remained of my issues. Thank you so much for all of your help Kaktussoft!
That was indeed what I want to advise you. You did Repair Install didn't you? This can be done only if machine boots. And it did after my trick (start=3).

All solved? Mark thread as solved please
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2014   #108
gregrocker

 

Always confirm the Partition Marked Active. If the correction partiton is not set Active then all the repairs in the world will never work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Infinite reboot loop after a BSoD and attempted windows updates




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Infinite Reboot Loop (Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit)
Hey, I turned of my PC and went to bed, just woke up and it's stuck in a infinite reboot loop. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I don't want to format my PC though, as I have a FPS game I have been working on for about.. 7-8 months on there, and I still am, and if it gets formatted it's just a...
Performance & Maintenance
Infinite Reboot Loop! Please HELP!!
Hi guys. This is my first time here, so if I post in the wrong place or do something wrong, please just help me out I have a problem with my secondary computer. Whenever I turn it on it boots, shows the BIOS, then goes black for about a second, then shows the bios again. Infinite reboot loop. ...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Infinite Reboot Loop
So, Yesterday I was installing XP on one of partitions I made for it,because I had problems recording stereo tracks for studio on Windows 7( in my previous encounters like that,it worked on XP ).After installation of XP it would restart and just give Unable to load operating system and I couldn't...
General Discussion
Infinite Reboot Loop after POST
I don't know what disasterrific things my older sis did to my ever-pampered laptop, but when I came back home it won't boot at all. It goes to BIOS splash screen and to POST, reboots, then to BIOS splash screen again, in a continuous manner. Can't also boot into safe mode. Tried resetting...
General Discussion
Cannot get any windows version installed, infinite reboot loop?
I built my own custom PC through parts I ordered from newegg last week. Putting the computer together was surprisingly the easy part, while installing a windows OS has been ridiculous. I tried installing windows xp for a few days after running into 0x7b bsod errors, finally getting it to the point...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Infinite Updates (not boot loop)
First off, I'd like to apologize for not knowing exactly how to go about describing my issue, although I promise to do the best I can. I guess my first problem was forgetting to write down the day this issue started happening, because that would have helped me narrow down the problem, I'm sure....
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App