Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: pc randomly going to log in screen

19 Jul 2014   #1
pandasniper100

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
pc randomly going to log in screen

hello i am not sure if i am even posting in the right section of the forum but my pc will randomly go to the log in screen not sure what it could be what happens is every thing open closes like steam games and Firefox etc and cmd pops up for less than a second then it logs out

any help is appreciated thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Jul 2014   #2
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Try a complete scan with MBAM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2014   #3
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pandasniper100 View Post
hello i am not sure if i am even posting in the right section of the forum but my pc will randomly go to the log in screen not sure what it could be what happens is every thing open closes like steam games and Firefox etc and cmd pops up for less than a second then it logs out

any help is appreciated thanks
Check your screensaver settings. Make sure it is set to none and that on resume display login screen is unchecked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jul 2014   #4
pandasniper100

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pandasniper100 View Post
hello i am not sure if i am even posting in the right section of the forum but my pc will randomly go to the log in screen not sure what it could be what happens is every thing open closes like steam games and Firefox etc and cmd pops up for less than a second then it logs out

any help is appreciated thanks
Check your screensaver settings. Make sure it is set to none and that on resume display login screen is unchecked.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Try a complete scan with MBAM
mbam finds nothing although the first time i scanned using it it found like 30 threats i got rid of them but still seem to have the problem .i have unchecked resume on display and will report back and let u know if it fixed it but i did have it unchecked before and it still did the random log off shiz also it is set to none
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2014   #5
lffoar

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pandasniper100 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pandasniper100 View Post
hello i am not sure if i am even posting in the right section of the forum but my pc will randomly go to the log in screen not sure what it could be what happens is every thing open closes like steam games and Firefox etc and cmd pops up for less than a second then it logs out

any help is appreciated thanks
Check your screensaver settings. Make sure it is set to none and that on resume display login screen is unchecked.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Try a complete scan with MBAM
mbam finds nothing although the first time i scanned using it it found like 30 threats i got rid of them but still seem to have the problem .i have unchecked resume on display and will report back and let u know if it fixed it but i did have it unchecked before and it still did the random log off shiz also it is set to none
30 threats found by MBAM seems a lot. Do another scan in safe mode, that may find something else.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2014   #6
pandasniper100

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

ok so i did a full avg scan and a mal scan i don't think i came up with anything hear are links to the scann results


Attached Thumbnails
pc randomly going to log in screen-capture.png  
Attached Files
File Type: txt avgrep.txt (34.8 KB, 2 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2014   #7
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Try to get a look at what command is in the prompt(if it's not run minimized.) That may give a clue. If you can only read a bit of it try to get the name of the exe or batch at the left of the line. Also I would run MBAM on all exe files for the programs open when it happens. See if one is the culprit.

(If you have Explorer integration enabled you can right click on a file and select "scan with malwarebytes..."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2014   #8
pandasniper100

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Try to get a look at what command is in the prompt(if it's not run minimized.) That may give a clue. If you can only read a bit of it try to get the name of the exe or batch at the left of the line. Also I would run MBAM on all exe files for the programs open when it happens. See if one is the culprit.

(If you have Explorer integration enabled you can right click on a file and select "scan with malwarebytes..."
i can not see it as it pops up for a split second by the time i look at it has dissaperd and i can not run mbam on exe when it happens because it happens so fast it takes longer for it to shut down the current programs than the cmd window takes to execute what ever command it is using
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2014   #9
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

I understand what you mean about the command window passing quickly. If you cannot run a scan on the exe programs that are usually running when this happens because things change so fast perhaps you could use one of those Rescue CDs that has MBAM on it. Boot the CD or USB stick and then run a scan on all the files in Program Files folders. Or even the entire drive.

If nothing is infected then it may be worth trying
sfc SCANNOW from and elevated command prompt.

If the machine won't stay up long enough you may have to boot the OS CD to run
sfc /SCANNOW
from the command prompt in repair mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2014   #10
pandasniper100

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
I understand what you mean about the command window passing quickly. If you cannot run a scan on the exe programs that are usually running when this happens because things change so fast perhaps you could use one of those Rescue CDs that has MBAM on it. Boot the CD or USB stick and then run a scan on all the files in Program Files folders. Or even the entire drive.

If nothing is infected then it may be worth trying
sfc SCANNOW from and elevated command prompt.

If the machine won't stay up long enough you may have to boot the OS CD to run
sfc /SCANNOW
from the command prompt in repair mode.
i have already run sfc/scannow but ran it again
also i have tryed updating my win7 from the disk then getting all of the updates agin but that did not work posibley a fake win7 disk ? i don't know because if sum one when to the effort of that i think they would also clear out my bank.when i recanned it says windows resorces did not find any integrity violations.am lost with this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 pc randomly going to log in screen




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Blue screen randomly
Really I don't know. I just installed a new main board in my laptop. everything is identical to the old one, the only difference being a higher quality GPU chipset(old one one was AMD radeon HD 6370m, new board has 6550m) There was 2 crashes today, using bluescreenview program I have drivers...
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen Randomly
Hello I am getting blue screen randomly when I hit alt+tab im getting blue screen i have no idea why i didnt change any hardware or anything im not using any anti-virus. here is the dump file maybe you need to check it out
BSOD Help and Support
Laptop screen randomly going white
So, when I use my laptop, the screen randomly goes white for a few seconds at random times, I haven't tried anything yet but I am sure it is not software related at all as it once happened on the start up on the bios splash screen, my laptop is a Fujitsu Lifebook AH530 using integrated graphics.
Graphic Cards
Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies
Hi all, Been having a few computer troubles, last couple of days. Up until now, I have never had a computer crash since building my machine. Occasionally I've had to force-quit a program, but never random crashes. I've had 6 in the last day or so, though. And none of them have happened with a...
BSOD Help and Support
Screen Randomly Flashes off and on
I built my own computer with windows vista a couple years ago then i upgraded to windows 7 when it came out then about a year ago my computer screen randomly flashes on and off. It usually does it when im using the computer a lot, like sound processing and video editing. My computer makes the sound...
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen randomly on startup
Hi there, A few weeks ago I upgraded most of the components in my PC myself, and since then I've been having a few problems I'm hoping someone can help me with. Okay so the first problem upon startup is a message that pops up before Windows starts; "Scan Devices... No any device exists!"...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App