|31 Oct 2009||#1|
Problems with Upgrade Advisor?
Anyone cast any light on why I have problems running W7UA on both my laptop and desktop running Vista 32 bit?
It worked fine on an older PC running XP pro after downloading microsoft NET thingy!
The three are all networked together - has that anything to do with it?
I click the setup.exe it asks if I want to run and I click Run and nothing!!!
|My System Specs|
|31 Oct 2009||#2|
For machine(s) you are trying to upgrade:
1) Perform a Windows Update
2) Use full scan setting of Malwarebytes to check that the machine is malware free
3) Disable all 3rd party firewalls and/or antivirus utilites running
4) Close all applications currently running. No browsers. No media players. Nothing. Check the system tray near the time to close any applications that may be running
5) Use task manager to end the process for anything not needed for Windows to run. If you are unsure, Google is your friend here (you may temporarily open a browser then close when done searching)
6) Run setup.exe from the install DVD - Alternatively and better approach, is to copy the entire contents of the DVD to a folder on your hard drive and then run setup.exe from there
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Problems with Upgrade Advisor?|
|Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor||Tutorials|
|Upgrade advisor error||General Discussion|
|Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ?||General Discussion|
|Cannot run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor||Installation & Setup|
|Upgrade advisor wont RUN!||General Discussion|
|W7 Upgrade Advisor||Installation & Setup|
|Upgrade advisor won't run||Installation & Setup|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.