|16 Aug 2014||#1|
Blank .exe icon in Google Chrome & Internet Download Manager.
All of the icon of application (.exe) files suddenly become blank , before this problem occured the .exe icons show properly like Nvidia will show Nvidia icon & Norton will show Norton icon.
But now , it's all blank icons ! Take a look at the screenshots .
Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 3 (Latest Version)
But it shows proper icon in my Windows Explorer .
I have already :
- Searched through the internet
- Default File Type Associations - Restore
but still no luck.
I don't know what happened , it occurred recently . I've disabled my system restore so there's no chance I can restore to previous session.
I'm still able to open the downloaded application files but the icon is messing up which is showing blank icon !
But it shows properly in Windows Explorer.
Please help !
|My System Specs|
|16 Oct 2014||#2|
I came across your problem because I had the same problem you mention with a new install of Google Chrome today. Could have been a problem for me because I used the corporate msi to install Chrome because I did not really want the program to install to the C: drive (yea, good luck with that one). I could probably write a book about that.
So this is what I did:
1. Uninstalled the 32-bit Chrome.
2. Search the C: drive for any mention of Chrome. May have to make sure hidden files are showing. Found remnants in ProgramData, Program Files (x86), and my Windows 7 x64 user profile. Deleted all.
4. Search through the registry for Chrome (complete word only). Deleted all relevant keys (gotta be careful here).
6. Went back to the download page for Chrome, chose the Alternate (offline) Google Chrome installer (Windows), selected the Alternate installer for all user accounts link, and under the Download Chrome button selected the 64-bit version (not sure if that is necessary but since I have x64, why not).
64-bit - https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?platform=win64
32-bit - https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?platform=win
7. Let the Chrome install, since it is for all users it will install in the Program Files (x86) folder, don't ask me why. I always assumed x64 programs installed to the Program Files directory.
9. Joy at last.
Hope this helps but of course your mileage may vary.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
about:blank Google Chrome Redirect?
Hey all, I've got a laptop and every time I try to load anything in Google Chrome, it gets redirected to an "about:blank" page with nothing on it. I know it's malware, but malware scans with Malwarebytes apparently haven't removed it. There's an extension in Chrome that I know is causing the...
Blank icon everytime I download something?
Now I've been having quite a deal of trying to restore a lot of default stuff after having some theme files go wrong. As you could see I've been posting recently about "how to get this back", "why is this blank" stuff like that, I'm sorry. I guess this is what happens when you don't back up your...
Google Chrome 5.0.335.0 Available for Download.
Source - Google Chrome 5.0.335.0 Available for Download - Dev channel update - Softpedia
|Browsers & Mail|
Google Chrome 5.0.322.2 Available for Download.
Source - Google Chrome 5.0.322.2 Available for Download - For Windows, Mac OS X and Linux - Softpedia
|Browsers & Mail|
Download Google Chrome 4.0.302.2
Just one day after it released an update for the beta version of its open source browser, Google has also pushed one step ahead the Dev Channel flavor of Chrome. As of the start of the past weekend, early adopters have been able to access and download Google Chrome 4.0.302.2. However, unlike...
Google Chrome OS Available to Download
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56.