Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 post-7600 builds (SP1?)


01 Nov 2009   #1

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 
Windows 7 post-7600 builds (SP1?)

Well, it seems that Microsoft is making pretty good progress on the first Service Pack for Windows 7. This screenshot comes from our russian friend Zukona.

From WZOR:
Quote:
Since the end of September 2009, Microsoft has resumed intensive work on the first service pack for Windows 7, the assembly gathered, the work in full swing, we observe the processes taking place in a company and as soon as work on SP1 significantly advance to the "interesting stages, so we just try to give you know about this.
Now we will not "spook" the leadership and development team, leak test assemblies SP1 Beta 1.
To our knowledge the first Beta 1 version of SP1 for Windows 7 may appear at the end of December this year, just before the Christmas holidays, and after the new year, SP1 Beta 1 will be given to the TAP Testori.
The public phase of testing SP1 for Windows 7 will begin in early January 2010.
Total scheduled to launch two beta versions of SP1 for Windows 7 and two release candidates.
Output the final version of SP1 for Windows 7 is scheduled for the autumn of 2010, PC makers will get the updated distributions of Windows 7 with SP1 as always much earlier ie in the summer of 2010.
I would love to get my hands on one of these builds.

Let the leak fever begin anew.




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2009   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

NOOOOO!!!!The madness begins again

Those build junkies will be estatic to read about this tomorrow...

Zukona planning to release them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #3

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Zukona planning to release them?
I don't think so...just getting the info out there, I think. You never know though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Nov 2009   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Zukona planning to release them?
I don't think so...just getting the info out there, I think. You never know though.
Just did some additional reading (through the "channels"). It appears a BETA might hit Jan 2010...

Now what I am wondering is that Windows Vista ended on build 6000, SP1 6001, SP2 6002...are they going to jump by the hundreds for 7 or is it going to be...7600, 7601, 7602 (if 7 ever gets a second service pack...)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #5

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

I wont be bothering with any of these. Im happy with my boxed install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #6

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
NOOOOO!!!!The madness begins again

Those build junkies will be estatic to read about this tomorrow...
lol, I was just thinking the same thing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #7

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Just did some additional reading (through the "channels"). It appears a BETA might hit Jan 2010...

Now what I am wondering is that Windows Vista ended on build 6000, SP1 6001, SP2 6002...are they going to jump by the hundreds for 7 or is it going to be...7600, 7601, 7602 (if 7 ever gets a second service pack...)
I doubt they will jump the build numbers by the hundred for the service packs...those are probably just test build numbers, and the final for SP1 will probably be 7601.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Just did some additional reading (through the "channels"). It appears a BETA might hit Jan 2010...

Now what I am wondering is that Windows Vista ended on build 6000, SP1 6001, SP2 6002...are they going to jump by the hundreds for 7 or is it going to be...7600, 7601, 7602 (if 7 ever gets a second service pack...)
I doubt they will jump the build numbers by the hundred for the service packs...those are probably just test build numbers, and the final for SP1 will probably be 7601.
I hope Microsoft will release some specifications of the service pack soon (I doubt they will...)

I am looking forward to some possible new features...but I am not holding my breath
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #9

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

I'm not expecting any major new features...although I hope they finally fix that damn desktop refresh bug!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #10
Lee

Win 7 Pro x64, VM Win XP, Win7 Pro Sandbox, Kubuntu 11
 
 

The fun returns to Win 7. When these start showing up it will be a good thing for testers still using the RC, RTM, and an OEM. It won't matter how many times they might have to reinstall.

Albeit, it could be a nightmare for long term memebers here on the Forums.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 post-7600 builds (SP1?)




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 post-7600 builds (SP1?)
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Lite Builds - SFT General Discussion
Microsoft mentions leaked builds in blog post General Discussion
Windows 7 RTM and SP1 builds General Discussion
Windows 7 builds and more [for Noobs] General Discussion
Windows 7 RC1 Branch Builds News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33