Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 (black screen with a cursor)

19 Oct 2014   #11
anivby

 

I tried
REG ADD
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current/Version/Policies/System /v NoControlPanel /t reg_dword /d 0
and REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current/Version/policies/Explorer

still not working


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Oct 2014   #12
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Reinstall Windows and start again perhaps? You've tinkered too much with the system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2014   #13
anivby

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Reinstall Windows and start again perhaps? You've tinkered too much with the system.
If it just reinstall windows why i need to asking you?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Oct 2014   #14
ittrap

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

hi i had the same thing and tryed this methode wich worked

Correct the ACL permissions of the following key to the default permissions:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

rewrite a REG_SZ string called Shell and set it to explorer.exe. even if its allready explorer.exe .

and here is a video explaining how to do that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUGLXNX0hlA
good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2014   #15
anivby

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ittrap View Post
hi i had the same thing and tryed this methode wich worked

Correct the ACL permissions of the following key to the default permissions:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

rewrite a REG_SZ string called Shell and set it to explorer.exe. even if its allready explorer.exe .

and here is a video explaining how to do that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUGLXNX0hlA
good luck
Sorry , I cant login windows without "System Recovery Options" (All of safe mode etc are black screen) .
So, the "System Recovery Options" are "X" drive : "X:\Windows\regedit.exe" I can using this one but not C/D drive . If i use regedit.exe from C/D drive it will not open.I can just use the X drive regedit.exe
If i make any change from "X:\Windows\regedit.exe" it just change X but not C or D , so.. not working at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2014   #16
anivby

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by anivby View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ittrap View Post
hi i had the same thing and tryed this methode wich worked

Correct the ACL permissions of the following key to the default permissions:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

rewrite a REG_SZ string called Shell and set it to explorer.exe. even if its allready explorer.exe .

and here is a video explaining how to do that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUGLXNX0hlA
good luck
Sorry , I cant login windows without "System Recovery Options" (All of safe mode etc are black screen) .
So, the "System Recovery Options" are "X" drive : "X:\Windows\regedit.exe" I can using this one but not C/D drive . If i use regedit.exe from C/D drive it will not open.I can just use the X drive regedit.exe
If i make any change from "X:\Windows\regedit.exe" it just change X but not C or D , so.. not working at all.
I'm trying to use CMD "REG ADD" to update the Shell data to Explorer.exe , but i don't know the code. Still trying ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2014   #17
anivby

 

I think the CMD "REF /?" ALL kind of change is just change for "X" but not C or D it is not useful .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2014   #18
ittrap

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

hi, just a question : if you insert a usb key does it load ?? if yes download windows "process manager " it works the same as taskmanager and run it from the usb key . here it is the link Process Explorer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2014   #19
anivby

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ittrap View Post
hi, just a question : if you insert a usb key does it load ?? if yes download windows "process manager " it works the same as taskmanager and run it from the usb key . here it is the link Process Explorer
Sorry , it is black screen with a cursor .
I think the black screen is not logged in my account.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2014   #20
anivby

 

before the black screen with a cursor , the screen gone dark and go back to black screen cursor.
I used color to explain this effect:
After Loading Windows7 Logo , The color in the screen is XXX and just 1,2second later , it was XXX and turn back to XXX and this screen with a cursor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 (black screen with a cursor)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 black screen with cursor
hi for some reason my dell inspiron 1525 screen went black with a moving cursor when i turned it on..i dont want to reinstall because i have alot of important data on it.the same thing happens in safe mode, ive tried system repair,system restore,system image recovery and diagnostic..i tried to...
General Discussion
Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it
Whenever the Windows loadscreen passes the screen goes black and I can move a cursor around the screen. I have had this happen before and fixed it with bootrec.exe but I can't seem to get that to work this time... Startup repair says it cannot help - Safe mode has the exact same black screen...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Black Screen w/ cursor
I've read a couple of posts, but I need to explain myself, that's why I created this post. So, my laptop isn't booting normaly, I had this "Critical Error" on startup and I did the repair with the cd, It said that everything was fine, so I restarted my pc and I had this black screen with the...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Ultimate Black screen with Cursor
hello all , im new to this site :) i read alot about this probleem "Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Black screen with Cursor hang " i dide clean install win7 ultimate 64x " and the same for 32 " and i still have the same probleem , after complete instal and do restart or shutdown there is no booting...
Installation & Setup
Black Screen w/ Cursor After Windows Loading Screen
Hello, I'm new to the forums, but I find myself coming to this site a lot to fix my windows computer, so heck why not join?! :) Problem Recently, my computer starts up windows and after the loading screen it just sits at a black screen forever with a cursor and it doesn't even make it to...
General Discussion
Windows black screen no cursor Win 7
While running windows 7 a few weeks ago my computer started running slowly so I restarted it and it would go to the windows 7 load bar than the next screen where its supposed to log onto my win 7 it just sits at a black screen with a cursor. I cannot ctrl-alt-del or anything . I've tried system...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App