Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: When I opened my computer after shutting down it won't boot

26 Oct 2014   #11
gregrocker

 

Boot into System Recovery Options on Win7 installation media or System Repair Disk,

Open Command Line to Mark the 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) or Win7 partition Partition Active,

run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Timesuntil Win7 starts.

Report back results, or if this succeeds then Post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Oct 2014   #12
Computerfreak

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JBmorris View Post
You'll need to Download the ZIP file from the Download Tab, Find the ISO file. If you have a Flash Drive, You can use It and Make it bootable.
Note   Note
to make your Flash Drive Bootable, You'll need a Program called Rufus.

warning   Warning
Making your flash drive bootable Will Format ALL data on the drive!


But, There are ways of making your flash drive bootable WITHOUT formatting, there is another Program called EasyBCD that allows You to make your flash drive bootable!
I made a bootable usb stick with hirens bootcd, what should I do now? what kind of program I need to use?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2014   #13
gregrocker

 

Hello? Have you performed the steps I gave you yet?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Oct 2014   #14
Computerfreak

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Hello? Have you performed the steps I gave you yet?
I didn't have a repair disc, so I am making one now. After that I will try.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2014   #15
Computerfreak

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Boot into System Recovery Options on Win7 installation media or System Repair Disk,

Open Command Line to Mark the 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) or Win7 partition Partition Active,

run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Timesuntil Win7 starts.

Report back results, or if this succeeds then Post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image
After making my partition active and restarting the computer, boot menu don't show my usb stick anymore, it doesn't work. And the computer still gives me a black screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2014   #16
gregrocker

 

Did you use this flash stick to mark the Partition Active?

Which key are you using to trigger the stick? Try the Lenovo OneKey small button near the Power button to bet a Boot menu. Otherwise use F1 or F2 to boot into BIOS setup to set the stick first device to boot.

Try another USB port.

Try a DVD to make a Win7 disk for your version from Step 6 of Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot or a CD to burn a System Repair Disk
from any Win7 PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2014   #17
Computerfreak

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Did you use this flash stick to mark the Partition Active?

Which key are you using to trigger the stick? Try the Lenovo OneKey small button near the Power button to bet a Boot menu. Otherwise use F1 or F2 to boot into BIOS setup to set the stick first device to boot.

Try another USB port.

Try a DVD to make a Win7 disk for your version from Step 6 of Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot or a CD to burn a System Repair Disk
from any Win7 PC.
I made a flash stick as a "repair disc". Do trigger the stick I press F12 and select the flash stick from the list. Also I tried another USB port and another computer it just doesn't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2014   #18
gregrocker

 

Not ever seen it be reliable as flash. Try CD, the Win7 DVD, or the ISO for your licensed version Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1 English Official ISO download written to stick with Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2014   #19
Computerfreak

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Not ever seen it be reliable as flash. Try CD, the Win7 DVD, or the ISO for your licensed version Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1 English Official ISO download written to stick with Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
I downloaded that and put it on a flash stick still the same thing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2014   #20
gregrocker

 

How did you put it on flash stick? Try writing it again with Download tool.

Check in BIOS setup that USB is enabled. Do you have a UEFI BIOS? If so the stick must be written with UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

What about disks?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 When I opened my computer after shutting down it won't boot




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Hdd light on my computer keep's shutting off than my computer freezes
Hi, there is a red light next to my power button that blink's alot & i believe it's called the hdd light. No matter what i'm doing it shut's off after awhile & than my computer freeze's & i don't know why. Everything work's fine into that happen's & it's alway's random. I only had this computer for...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD while shutting down computer (1-week old new computer)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz,...
BSOD Help and Support
Access 2000 - Database Locked when opened by a specific computer.
Hi again, everyone. I'm having some Access woes with which I have been unable to find help about around the web, as my circumstances don't seem to fit other reports of this problem. I get the dreaded: The database has been placd in a state by user <name> on machine <name> that prevents it from...
Microsoft Office
jpg's copied to CD in Win 7 can't be opened on XP computer
I copied a few standard .jpg files to a CD selecting the non-rewritable option. The jpg's cannot be opened on any of the 3 XP computers that received the CD's. The file names can be seen, but not opened.
Music, Pictures & Video
Computer shutting down
About 4 days ago my computer got a new PSU. Things are a bit better than they were ( Now it can actually BOOT WIN 7 :sarc: )... BUT ( There is always a but, isn't it? ) today i installed a great game that I enjoy playing, Assassin's Creed 2. After a 15 minutes of pure fun, my computer just shut...
BSOD Help and Support
Computer Shutting Off by itself
Solved: I am using a computer I built myself and I have overclocked the processor to 2.60GHz when it supports 2.00GHz and I got 4270 3DMarks and when I undone the changes, it kept shutting itself off. I cleared the BIOS and I still keep getting problems. Startup Repair can't even fix it and I...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App