Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Documents Library Not Functioning


06 Feb 2009   #21

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Hi Baarod

Yah..Bags folders in there can be quite big, but that's something definitely destined for a TEST install 4 sure!!

Edit - Thanx Barrod! That was driving me bonkers with having to scroll to find the Reply box
One of the helpful mods got to it first

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Feb 2009   #22

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

LOL..they're good ones!

Anyway, I got it figured out.
It's not the data in the SearchConnectorDescriptionList tag, it's all the info in the Serialized tags that needs to go. It's rebuilt machine specific automatically as soon as you close the file. It just took nother xml file to see what I needed to do and I found Brink still on line and he sent me his.
It's rebuilt and functioning now so if we run across others that have this issue, we can rebuild it for them rather easily now. We can get them to post their file and we can show them the edits and tell them how and where to find their own additions to make it work.

Great work and help Barrod! Your Rep has been upgraded!!

I tel ya tho...the more I use Libraries, the more I LIKE this new function of Windows 7. It's handy and fast to access many different locations from one Library group, really makes findng things faster.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2009   #23

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsopocy View Post
I went ahead with the Repair Install as you suggested. (My reasoning against trying Fillups approach was that something clearly had gone wrong with the installation for me to have this problem in the first place, so my hope is that the Repair Install fixes anything else that did not install correctly with my original Upgrade install.) 4 1/2 hours later, the Repair Install completed and the Documents Library is now functioning correctly!

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, my other problem (X-Fi Crackling and Popping) still persists. Any ideas on that one?
That's great! Its good that you got the OS problem sorted out.

Have taken the time to look at the post you made and the forum threads on your X-Fi Crackling and Popping issue.

Will try to see if we can find other solutions for you and will be posting on that thread if I got something.

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Feb 2009   #24

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

@Chappy:

Attached are ALL my Libraries for you to check whatever it is you wanted to check, as asked.

Hope this helps.


Attached Files
File Type: zip Libs.zip (9.1 KB, 26 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2009   #25

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NosferatuX View Post
That's great! Its good that you got the OS problem sorted out.

Have taken the time to look at the post you made and the forum threads on your X-Fi Crackling and Popping issue.

Will try to see if we can find other solutions for you and will be posting on that thread if I got something.

Cheers
Hey Nos

I remember some others had this issue with Creative cards too, I'll have to check my history and see where I read about them. Seems to me someone had a temp fix until Creative release a Windows 7 driver. I'll read that post and see what we can find

@ Peter - Thanx again Bro!
As Barrod found, they are rather simple XML files and somewhat interchangeable (to a point). The resource pointers of course need to be specific to the library type so the icons are proper, and the User ID is user specific, but after that all you need do is delete the serialized tag info so it can be rebuilt when the file closes.
It's actually quite a simple but very effective little extensible file MS made for these libraries, and I'm thinking of some other things I can do with one of these as a template starter. There are some interesting possibilities
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2009   #26

Windows 7 Build 7048 x64
 
 

Hmmm... Now that you mentioned it, I believe you're right Dave.
I can't remember what kind of issue that was with a that Creative card as well
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2009   #27

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 
Sound Problems Remain - Possible (or Not) Root Causes

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Hey Nos

I remember some others had this issue with Creative cards too, I'll have to check my history and see where I read about them. Seems to me someone had a temp fix until Creative release a Windows 7 driver. I'll read that post and see what we can find
Thanks Dave.

The first thing I did after I exhausted my own troubleshooting ideas was to search these forums for possible fixes. I tried all I could find (see my original post above). If you see any I've missed, please let me know.

In the mean time, I found Creative's bug list for these beta X-Fi drivers. One user isolated a similar problem on his system by reducing his RAM to 3 GB, at which point the problem disappeared. (However, he was running XP64 with different processers, motherboard, and X-Fi model.) I tried removing the ReadyBoost RAM on my system to no avail - not surprising since I still have 6 GB of RAM installed on my motherboard. So, my problems could possibly be related to driver bug in the addressing of system RAM above 3 GB, or latency in the handling of bus master memory requests on my nVidia nForce4 motherboard as noted in the Creative article referenced in my original post, some combination of the two, or something else entirely.

In the mean time, I'm soundless, since sound quits within 1-5 minutes, infrequently preceded by one or more very loud screeches.

Any ideas for temporary fixes/workarounds to restore undistorted sound? Otherwise I fear I will remain soundless until commercial release (hopefully containing fixed Creative and nVidia drivers)!

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Dale

P.S.
I've reported my issues and system details on the Creative Bug List.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2009   #28

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsopocy View Post
Thanks Dave.
One user isolated a similar problem on his system by reducing his RAM to 3 GB, at which point the problem disappeared. (However, he was running XP64 with different processers, motherboard, and X-Fi model.) I tried removing the ReadyBoost RAM on my system to no avail - not surprising since I still have 6 GB of RAM installed on my motherboard. So, my problems could possibly be related to driver bug in the addressing of system RAM above 3 GB, or latency in the handling of bus master memory requests on my nVidia nForce4 motherboard as noted in the Creative article referenced in my original post, some combination of the two, or something else entirely.
You could try reducing your RAM to 3GB temporarily to verify if that's the cause. If it is there used to be a way to limit driver address space that I think I could dig up again. Let's start by making sure that's the root cause. Open Start, type "msconfig", select Boot tab, click Advanced options, select Maximum memory and enter "3072". Reboot, see if the problem persists and post back, please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2009   #29

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 
On Track to a Final Sound Solution

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
You could try reducing your RAM to 3GB temporarily to verify if that's the cause. If it is there used to be a way to limit driver address space that I think I could dig up again. Let's start by making sure that's the root cause. Open Start, type "msconfig", select Boot tab, click Advanced options, select Maximum memory and enter "3072". Reboot, see if the problem persists and post back, please.
THANK YOU, Baarod! Using msconfig to limit RAM virtually eliminated the interference and ultimate sound loss. (I can still hear an occasional crackle or pop or drop out.) (Note: I left ReadyBoost enabled.) Now, if you can only remember how to limit the memory address space for this driver so I still have all my RAM for application/multitasking use.

Device Manager is showing using an unshared IRQ (one of the first things I checked) and the Memory Ranges 00000000D5E00000 - 00000000D5FFFFFF and 00000000D8000000 - 00000000DBFFFFFF.

Thanks again,

Dale
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2009   #30

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsopocy View Post
THANK YOU, Baarod! Using msconfig to limit RAM virtually eliminated the interference and ultimate sound loss. (I can still hear an occasional crackle or pop or drop out.) (Note: I left ReadyBoost enabled.) Now, if you can only remember how to limit the memory address space for this driver so I still have all my RAM for application/multitasking use.

Device Manager is showing using an unshared IRQ (one of the first things I checked) and the Memory Ranges 00000000D5E00000 - 00000000D5FFFFFF and 00000000D8000000 - 00000000DBFFFFFF.

Thanks again,

Dale
Dale,

Can I get a screenshot of device manager showing that information please?

Mike

P.S. Glenview? I'm down in Bradley -- near Kankakee...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Documents Library Not Functioning




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Documents Library Not Functioning
Thread Forum
Solved Viewing the documents library displays my documents folder Customization
Solved Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library General Discussion
Solved Why are My Documents files in both Library and C? General Discussion
Solved Documents Library Greyed Out General Discussion
Documents Library Customization
Solved Documents Library General Discussion
Documents Library Question General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33