Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Edit windows explorer details pane?


07 Nov 2009   #1
redeater

windows 7
 
 
Edit windows explorer details pane?

Does anyone know how to edit the details that appear at the bottom of the screen when you select a file? I'm not talking about the details that you can change when you select view but the one at the very bottom of the screen.
Thank you


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Nov 2009   #2
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Try this:

http://www.muvenum.com/downloads/fre...tags-setup.exe

Once installed, go to the details tab of a files properties, and you can edit them as you wish, which will also appear at the bottom of Windows Explorer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2009   #3
redeater

windows 7
 
 
Edit Detail Pane

Hey I had asked this before in another thread but maybe you guys can help me.

I was wondering if you can change what is displayed in the details pane.

i.e. if you go to a folder with a mp3 in it and click once on that mp3, you will get a bunch of info on the bottom of windows explorer.

I'm not talking about editing the info for the mp3 that is already done. What i want to be able to do is change what is being shown on the details panel.

For example I don't need to see the bitrate or contributing artists.....I would just prefer to see artist, track number, title and album.

Keep in mind I don't want to edit the actual track, just what is showing up in the details panel.

thank you and I hope this is clear.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Nov 2009   #4
cbleman

XP Media Edition / Vista /Win 7 Home Premium
 
 
Cannot edit an MP3 "Artist" field in Win 7

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Try this:

http://www.muvenum.com/downloads/fre...tags-setup.exe

Once installed, go to the details tab of a files properties, and you can edit them as you wish, which will also appear at the bottom of Windows Explorer.
Although I already have to use third party software to properly edit my tags, I would rather not deal with third party software. In the Edit bar at the bottom of the screen, the "Album Artist" field shows up, but the "Artist" field does NOT! there is a major difference. Is there any way I can edit that field? I went into properties, and the "Artist" field was not even an option. Most media players look for the "Artist" tag to display proper info for that track. "Album artist" is meaningless when playing a track on an album with multiple artists. I love being able to edit tags outside a player; but without the ability to edit the "Artist" tag, it's almost usless to me. It's a major field! Album, ARTIST, Title, Track (and Length/Size/Bitrate although these are almost never edited). There are more, but those are the ones most people look at. Please help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2009   #5
cbleman

XP Media Edition / Vista /Win 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by redeater View Post
Does anyone know how to edit the details that appear at the bottom of the screen when you select a file? I'm not talking about the details that you can change when you select view but the one at the very bottom of the screen.
Thank you
I've been looking for a way to do this also. (See previous post) But unlike redeaters last post, I would also edit from this bar. (I know I can now edit from this bar. I like that!)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #6
rs4562

windows 7
 
 

pls tell me how to change explorer lower detail pane with a custom picture.i successfully changed system properties left pane with a custom picture (edit shell32.dll) .but cant changed explorer lower detail pane with a custom picture cos i cant find where it belongs shell32 or aero.msstyles. pls help me. i m using windows 7 ultimate v6.1 build 7600.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #7
sezar7

Windows 7
 
 

Quote:
Keith Miller \(MVP\) Posts: n/a

Re: customize the details pane in windows explorer?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a per-filetype registry edit. Here's the example for .doc. If you're
using Office 2007, you would also want to edit .docx.
Open the registry editor & navigate to:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.doc]
In the right-hand pane, you'll want to edit the value named 'Preview
Details'. The various details are separated by semi-colons. Insert the
string 'System.Document.Wordcount' wherever you want. In this export, it is
the first detail to appear. (This is an edited export, showing only the
PreviewDetails info)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.doc]
"PreviewDetails"="prop:System.Document.WordCount;* System.DateModified;System.Author;System.Keywords; *System.Size;System.Title;System.Comment;System.Ca tegory;*System.Document.PageCount;System.ContentSt atus;System.ContentType;*System.OfflineAvailabilit y;*System.OfflineStatus;System.Subject;*System.Dat eCreated;*System.SharedWith"

--
Good Luck,
Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

"ElCagle" <ElCagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:93D1DD75-6668-4924-9E05-B3D15D63C08F@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to customize what appears in the details pane?
> Could I show, say, wordcounts in the details pane?
>
> Thank you

hope this will help, though it has been a long time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Apr 2010   #8
viliusm

 
 

How to do that for folder itself ?

V
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Apr 2010   #9
CommonTater

XP Pro SP3 X86 / Win7 Pro X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by redeater View Post
Hey I had asked this before in another thread but maybe you guys can help me.

I was wondering if you can change what is displayed in the details pane.

i.e. if you go to a folder with a mp3 in it and click once on that mp3, you will get a bunch of info on the bottom of windows explorer.

I'm not talking about editing the info for the mp3 that is already done. What i want to be able to do is change what is being shown on the details panel.

For example I don't need to see the bitrate or contributing artists.....I would just prefer to see artist, track number, title and album.

Keep in mind I don't want to edit the actual track, just what is showing up in the details panel.

thank you and I hope this is clear.
No promises... but have you tried clicking on the title bars at the top of the details view and selecting the colums you want displayed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #10
exmeaguy

Windows 7
 
 

Looks like there is still no answer to adding "Artist" as a detail column. Unbelievable that MS would remove one of the most important data items when selecting music.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Edit windows explorer details pane?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Edit windows explorer details pane?
Thread Forum
Details Pane - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 Tutorials
Solved Change the font style in Explorer details pane Customization
Solved Preview/details pane won't go away! General Discussion
Solved Windows Explorer Details Pane - include size property Music, Pictures & Video
Can't edit mp3 tags in explorer pane General Discussion
Details Pane - Turn On or Off Tutorials

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App