Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Yesterday I did a fresh window 7 re-install and ran into a new issue

11 Apr 2015   #31
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If the laptop monitor is doing the same thing on its own when not connected to the monitor, then this probably isn't caused by the monitor's Power Save Mode but it just is invoked when the signal is lost. Is this what your testing shows?

Please confirm you reset the Power Options to default. What is the display timeout now?

Try rolling back the Display driver in Device Manager>Display>Driver tab.

Try uninstalling the display driver in Control Panel>Programs and Device Manager before a reboot. Then install the latest. Do the same and install the previous version.
i just went onto you tub and my screen turned off while the movie was playing. turned off, turned back on, did this 2 times while the movie was playing. and afterwords the movie continued to play like normal.

i set power settings back to defult, screen still turns off and back on and off and back on for ten seconds before game CTD


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Apr 2015   #32
gregrocker

 

Please answer the questions. This is an interactive process.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2015   #33
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Please answer the questions. This is an interactive process.
still no change. my screen saver has been turned off.

see its acting normally just fine for awhile while its loading.

i made a vedio of my laptop to show what its doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd7b3gOwUuw
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Apr 2015   #34
gregrocker

 

Why did you say your monitor went blank? Clearly the video shows the monitor is still functioning but the game has hung with a "Not responding." This is something completely different than what you said the problem was with both the monitor and the laptop screen going blank.

If you're playing this Steam game from an external then it's not even benefitting from being on a hard drive since it's coming via the USB controller which is a throttle and could itself be the problem.

So I'd load the Steam game onto the same drive to see what happens.

Then work through the steps to go over your PC thoroughly following the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
starting with establishing a clean boot, lean AV only, hardware tests including on the external, all infection scans, SFC, resolve repeat errors in logs. Report back as you go through those steps first as there may be others indicated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2015   #35
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Why did you say your monitor went blank? Clearly the video shows the monitor is still functioning but the game has hung with a "Not responding." This is something completely different than what you said the problem was with both the monitor and the laptop screen going blank.

If you're playing this Steam game from an external then it's not even benefitting from being on a hard drive since it's coming via the USB controller which is a throttle and could itself be the problem.

So I'd load the Steam game onto the same drive to see what happens.

Then work through the steps to go over your PC thoroughly following the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
starting with establishing a clean boot, lean AV only, hardware tests including on the external, all infection scans, SFC, resolve repeat errors in logs. Report back as you go through those steps first as there may be others indicated.
yes BUT my monitor turned off though with the green light still on thats my problem LOL how to keep it from doing that. AND i have played games on my brower thats on my hard drive and the problem still there.

i did all these tests and found nothing wrong. all my drivers are working with no errors

i changed my herts for my laptop to 50 and the screen still turned off on my laptop even with my monitor turned off

i maxed out my resolution and kept it the same for both screens. same thing both screens turned off.

ok i went into my event viewer and i found something

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

could that be reason my screens turned off

i reinstalled the driver back to factory settings. re-updated it and the screen still fails and display driver still crashes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2015   #36
markaz

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Did you do the re-install because of this problem or was it working properly, you did the re-install and now there's a problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2015   #37
gregrocker

 

The Display Driver failure is a strong clue. Again, are there any other older or newer drivers for that adapter? On the Driver tab in Device Manager>Display, click Update driver, first Automatically, and then Browse for stored driver which archives all drivers that have been displayed from that device.

I realize its a fresh install but go back to any earlier including Standard VGA placeholder driver to compare.

Next check the PC's Support Downloads webpage for older driver, check the device maker's Downloads webpage for a Beta, different, or older driver to try.

Finally if all else fails, uninstall the Display driver in Device Manager and Control Panel>Programs, then reboot until there is no driver other than Standard VGA which is the driver you get when nothing else is yet avaiable. Now Enable hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Steps 3 and 6) and Check for Updates to install whatever driver it delivers under Important or Optional plus all other Updates which may patch the display.

I believe I already gave you these steps earlier but haven't time to check because I have installs going on two continents right now. So it's up to you to go back through the thread and make sure you've skipped absolutely nothing because often the skipped step is the fix.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2015   #38
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The Display Driver failure is a strong clue. Again, are there any other older or newer drivers for that adapter? On the Driver tab in Device Manager>Display, click Update driver, first Automatically, and then Browse for stored driver which archives all drivers that have been displayed from that device.

I realize its a fresh install but go back to any earlier including Standard VGA placeholder driver to compare.

Next check the PC's Support Downloads webpage for older driver, check the device maker's Downloads webpage for a Beta, different, or older driver to try.

Finally if all else fails, uninstall the Display driver in Device Manager and Control Panel>Programs, then reboot until there is no driver other than Standard VGA which is the driver you get when nothing else is yet avaiable. Now Enable hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Steps 3 and 6) and Check for Updates to install whatever driver it delivers under Important or Optional plus all other Updates which may patch the display.

I believe I already gave you these steps earlier but haven't time to check because I have installs going on two continents right now. So it's up to you to go back through the thread and make sure you've skipped absolutely nothing because often the skipped step is the fix.
i have uninstall the display driver in device manager and control panel, i rebooted it. then did all those steps. reinstall it and it still same issue happens. apparently im not only one with this problem.

there got to be away to fix this... very frustrating
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2015   #39
gregrocker

 

When I give you multiple steps and you only reply that you've completed one, it makes me think some might be missed.

Before we continue please go back to the top of thread and confirm that you have completed every step, missing none. If you have questions how to do them completely then ask back so they get done without issue.

Often we find the skipped step is the solution so please reply to each step so we can move on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2015   #40
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
When I give you multiple steps and you only reply that you've completed one, it makes me think some might be missed.

Before we continue please go back to the top of thread and confirm that you have completed every step, missing none. If you have questions how to do them completely then ask back so they get done without issue.

Often we find the skipped step is the solution so please reply to each step so we can move on.
ok i just unstalled my device drivers for nvedia and restarted my laptop nothing was on it but the VGA placeholder and then I re installed them. and still i'm getting a display driver crashed error.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
There should be a VGA or HDMI port to plug a monitor into your laptop to compare.
im using a DVI port , the white one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Yesterday I did a fresh window 7 re-install and ran into a new issue




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Fresh Install Windows 7 Ult x64 (NT Kernel & System 50% CPU Issue)
Ok recently I've encountered an issue from upgrading from Win XP to Win 7 about 4 days ago. Prior to that i haven't had this issue i'm about to explain for about 3 weeks after upgrading.. So this issue is fairly new and unresolved with my knowledge. Ok so the issue at hand here is that...
Performance & Maintenance
USB device not detected by all USB ports after fresh install of window
Hi guys, I know this is forum for Windows Seven. I'm just taking chances if someone can help me about my current computer problem regarding XP SP2. So here it's. My friend bring me his old Mobo (IBM Rev 1.6) and made a clean install of windows XP SP3 at first. After installing all drivers and...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD Issue after DBAN and fresh Windows 7 Install
Hi - this is my first post and I've left this as long as I could stand before needing to turn to someone (anyone!) for help. I don't know very much about the technical side of computers so please bear with me if I have to question any instructions I don't understand! My laptop is 3 years...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 install Fresh "No drivers issue"
Hey, I've bought a blank machine from Overclockers UK (the Primo Ignition) and I downloaded a copy of windows 7 from the MDSNAA, when I tried installing it from DVD or USB drive I get the same error which is "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing." Please can somebody help me with this...
Installation & Setup
Clean install yesterday but so many locked folders.
Ive been running various versions of ultimate x86, started with the RC and have been just upgrading with the leaks and stopped at 7260. Ive had locked files and know how to unlock them but always assumed i had this because i was upgrading and not doing clean installs. I got my HP yesterday so did...
Installation & Setup
Issue: Fresh Win7 install; cannot run ANY Programs!
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and I hope this will help me and anyone else with the same issue. I downloaded Windows 7 from MSDNAA from my school and burned it to a blank DVD (4.90GB I believe is the capacity). Everything seemed to work fine and the burn didn't seem corrupted even when...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App