Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Yesterday I did a fresh window 7 re-install and ran into a new issue

16 Apr 2015   #71
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
There are totally free AV's discussed in Clean Reinstall Windows 7 which you would have discovered had you read or used it, but in spite of repeated claims that you "already did a Clean Install" you did not do anything of the sort but instead ran Factory Recovery which is the worst install of Win7 one can have.

However we will be glad to help you achieve a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7 here as we have 1.3+ million others who now have perfect installs of Windows 7 without a single complaint. But you need to read the tutorial so you know what's involved, and not just falsely claim you've already done it.

I've never seen Factory Recovery not provide a video driver. Did it have one besides Standard VGA after you ran Recovery? How long did it take for the trouble to begin.

Install MSE or Panda free now and run a full scan so you now you're not infected. Since you've not had any protection, I'd also install, decline trial version, and run a full scan with the free scanners Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloads since it appears your OS has become corrupted when it can't download and install a driver.
yes it did have a driver sides standard VGA after I ran recovery, as it installed everything. as laptops do not come with install cds (well mine didn't) what i can install is from the recovery only, it resets it to factory settings. i already have malwarebytes free version. not the trial. AND superantispyware cause me a lot of serious problems in the past why i refuse to use it. trouble started right when i tried to play my 3D games. neverwinter is running ok greg but the screen goes black every 5 minutes, but does not CTD and the game runs again with no problem for around ten minutes before screen turning black and going back to normal.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Apr 2015   #72
Windows Sniper

Windows 8.1
 
 

How old is this laptop?

You might need to RMA it since this sounds like your board is shutting down due to excessive heat.
Rather than a virus.

Windows will put itself into powersave mode to reduce the amount of heat being generated.

Lenovo support should be able to help you out getting the RMA sheet filled out.


By the way, I had this exact issue 6 months ago with a clients laptop, the GPU had overheated and fried the solder around it. Only way to fix was a replacement board from HP, this took a week.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #73
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows Sniper View Post
How old is this laptop?

You might need to RMA it since this sounds like your board is shutting down due to excessive heat.
Rather than a virus.

Windows will put itself into powersave mode to reduce the amount of heat being generated.

Lenovo support should be able to help you out getting the RMA sheet filled out.


By the way, I had this exact issue 6 months ago with a clients laptop, the GPU had overheated and fried the solder around it. Only way to fix was a replacement board from HP, this took a week.

(All of the help in this thread is software related, I am ashamed of you guys )
my laptop is around 4 years old and thank you so much for replying and helping me out

my laptops a lenovo w700 They dont make parts for it anymore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Apr 2015   #74
gregrocker

 

The very first reply in the thread refers to the possibility of overheating.

The first five steps in Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 test the hardware and it was one of the first links I provided to complete. So it cannot truthfully be said that all the help so far has been software. One should not criticize others help attempts when offering your own.

Step 4 deals with overheating:

Quote:
4. Check temps for overheating by installing Core Temp which will allow monitoring temps from System Tray. If running hot blow dust out of the case using canned air or clean out laptop dust, check all connections carefully avoiding static discharge to components by touching case first, upgrade or reseat RAM checking for debris in slot.
Akura, please confirm you have completed this step, and report back temp readings and what was found in following the cleaning link.

Repeatedly I have asked that all steps be confirmed completed after there was no reply to quite a few.

Shouldn't we test the temperatures at idle and under load and clean out the dust before RMA'ing the laptop?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #75
Windows Sniper

Windows 8.1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The very first reply in the thread refers to the possibility of overheating.

The first five steps in Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 test the hardware and it was one of the first links I provided to complete. So it cannot truthfully be said that all the help so far has been software. One should not criticize others help attempts when offering your own.

Step 4 deals with overheating:

Quote:
4. Check temps for overheating by installing Core Temp which will allow monitoring temps from System Tray. If running hot blow dust out of the case using canned air or clean out laptop dust, check all connections carefully avoiding static discharge to components by touching case first, upgrade or reseat RAM checking for debris in slot.
Akura, please confirm you have completed this step, and report back temp readings and what was found in following the cleaning link.

Repeatedly I have asked that all steps be confirmed completed after there was no reply to quite a few.

Shouldn't we test the temperatures at idle and under load and clean out the dust before RMA'ing the laptop?
If the laptop is crashing itself whilst the display drivers are being used, it can happen randomly from startup to playing games.

I'm not saying that the heat is the problem now, what I am suggesting is that the heat was the problem in the past, which could have potentially burnt the motherboard out.

Therefore, actually proving the heat problem wouldn't work anyway because it is already broken and has the possibility of not showing the correct information on the motherboard heat monitor.

The fact that it is 4 years old, and being used to play games, would indicate that it is experienced with high temperatures considering Laptops don't have a decent way to exhaust it.

So certainly, ensure that it is free of dust bunnies, but the fact that it continuously and randomly kills the display is a hardware indication, not an indication that steam is out of date.

Akura, do me a favour. Install HWiNFO64 and post screenshots of the temps whilst idle, opening a program and possibly running a benchmark.

If it crashes during any of these times, try to remember the temperature. Also feel the actual laptop itself, and let me know specifically where the heat is emanating from.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #76
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows Sniper View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The very first reply in the thread refers to the possibility of overheating.

The first five steps in Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 test the hardware and it was one of the first links I provided to complete. So it cannot truthfully be said that all the help so far has been software. One should not criticize others help attempts when offering your own.

Step 4 deals with overheating:

Quote:
4. Check temps for overheating by installing Core Temp which will allow monitoring temps from System Tray. If running hot blow dust out of the case using canned air or clean out laptop dust, check all connections carefully avoiding static discharge to components by touching case first, upgrade or reseat RAM checking for debris in slot.
Akura, please confirm you have completed this step, and report back temp readings and what was found in following the cleaning link.

Repeatedly I have asked that all steps be confirmed completed after there was no reply to quite a few.

Shouldn't we test the temperatures at idle and under load and clean out the dust before RMA'ing the laptop?
If the laptop is crashing itself whilst the display drivers are being used, it can happen randomly from startup to playing games.

I'm not saying that the heat is the problem now, what I am suggesting is that the heat was the problem in the past, which could have potentially burnt the motherboard out.

Therefore, actually proving the heat problem wouldn't work anyway because it is already broken and has the possibility of not showing the correct information on the motherboard heat monitor.

The fact that it is 4 years old, and being used to play games, would indicate that it is experienced with high temperatures considering Laptops don't have a decent way to exhaust it.

So certainly, ensure that it is free of dust bunnies, but the fact that it continuously and randomly kills the display is a hardware indication, not an indication that steam is out of date.

Akura, do me a favour. Install HWiNFO64 and post screenshots of the temps whilst idle, opening a program and possibly running a benchmark.

If it crashes during any of these times, try to remember the temperature. Also feel the actual laptop itself, and let me know specifically where the heat is emanating from.
it did over heat in the past. and for the time being. its cold to the touch even when the screen goes black.

im running the program now Sniper. the heat is top right section of the laptop by the CD drive

i made a log before my game CTD here what it says. hope this helps as i cant understand any of it LOL

the screen had turned black sometimes randomly when not playing games.

greg i have ran the hardware tests. even the stress test. nothing showed up. no errors


Attached Files
File Type: zip New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip (4.4 KB, 3 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #77
gregrocker

 

Does the screen still turn off even when the external Monitor is disconnected?

What Display Driver is currently installed in Device Manager?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #78
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Does the screen still turn off even when the external Monitor is disconnected?

What Display Driver is currently installed in Device Manager?
yes it does. nvidea quadro 2700m only display driver installed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #79
gregrocker

 

Fill in your full Lenovo model in System Specs.

Have you enabled hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Steps 3 and 6) then run all Important and Optional Windows Updates to see if Win7 wants another driver, or there are any patches needed to make the system including hardware run better? I would install all except Bing.

Next did you compare the display driver provided by either the Factory Recovery or Windows Update with the latest on the Lenovo Support Downloads webpage for your model? What version is installed? What version is latest on downloads page?

Please confirm that you are not interested in doing a Clean Reinstall Windows 7 even though you stated throughout the thread you had done one but it was actual Factory Recovery, a crap install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #80
Akura

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Fill in your full Lenovo model in System Specs.

Have you enabled hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Steps 3 and 6) then run all Important and Optional Windows Updates to see if Win7 wants another driver, or there are any patches needed to make the system including hardware run better? I would install all except Bing.
98
Next did you compare the display driver provided by either the Factory Recovery or Windows Update with the latest on the Lenovo Support Downloads webpage for your model? What version is installed? What version is latest on downloads page?

Please confirm that you are not interested in doing a Clean Reinstall Windows 7 even though you stated throughout the thread you had done one but it was actual Factory Recovery, a crap install.
i confirm , im not interested in doing a reinstall factory for windows 7 as that would be impossible. my laptop didnt come with any install desks. what i got is what i got. (my dad actually tried that. and the laptop did not come with any CD's with it or we would have done that already, infact it was a total ... just getting the laptop just to make back up, we ended up having to wripe everything!. )

the versions match. i cant upgrade it further and i have all the updates. i got version Kb981351 64 bit

today i ran more updates and so far didnt help in fixin gmy issue. no driver updates side nvedia i already upgraded fully.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Yesterday I did a fresh window 7 re-install and ran into a new issue




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Fresh Install Windows 7 Ult x64 (NT Kernel & System 50% CPU Issue)
Ok recently I've encountered an issue from upgrading from Win XP to Win 7 about 4 days ago. Prior to that i haven't had this issue i'm about to explain for about 3 weeks after upgrading.. So this issue is fairly new and unresolved with my knowledge. Ok so the issue at hand here is that...
Performance & Maintenance
USB device not detected by all USB ports after fresh install of window
Hi guys, I know this is forum for Windows Seven. I'm just taking chances if someone can help me about my current computer problem regarding XP SP2. So here it's. My friend bring me his old Mobo (IBM Rev 1.6) and made a clean install of windows XP SP3 at first. After installing all drivers and...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD Issue after DBAN and fresh Windows 7 Install
Hi - this is my first post and I've left this as long as I could stand before needing to turn to someone (anyone!) for help. I don't know very much about the technical side of computers so please bear with me if I have to question any instructions I don't understand! My laptop is 3 years...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 install Fresh "No drivers issue"
Hey, I've bought a blank machine from Overclockers UK (the Primo Ignition) and I downloaded a copy of windows 7 from the MDSNAA, when I tried installing it from DVD or USB drive I get the same error which is "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing." Please can somebody help me with this...
Installation & Setup
Clean install yesterday but so many locked folders.
Ive been running various versions of ultimate x86, started with the RC and have been just upgrading with the leaks and stopped at 7260. Ive had locked files and know how to unlock them but always assumed i had this because i was upgrading and not doing clean installs. I got my HP yesterday so did...
Installation & Setup
Issue: Fresh Win7 install; cannot run ANY Programs!
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and I hope this will help me and anyone else with the same issue. I downloaded Windows 7 from MSDNAA from my school and burned it to a blank DVD (4.90GB I believe is the capacity). Everything seemed to work fine and the burn didn't seem corrupted even when...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App