|06 May 2015||#1|
dwm.exe not working on FIRST bootup
To begin with: english is not my mother language, so have mercy on me
Here is the Problem:
My dwm.exe (Desktop Window Manager, it manages the transparency and aero effect on taskbars) is not automatically started when I boot up my System.
However if I restart my computer it seems to be working just fine.
No errors, just not working when I boot my system for the first time.
Also: If I hit the power switch of my Computer the fans and LEDs set off for merely one second or a half and then turn off again.
After I press the power switch again it boots like normal.
Could this be causing the problem? for I have tried everything I have found about the topic "dwm.exe not starting"
Here are my specs:
Mainboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
Graphicscard: Gainward GeForce GTX 780 GLH
CPU: AMD FX-6350 overclocked to 4.2GHz
NB = 1.16V
CPU = x21.0 for 1.425V
CPU NB Core = 1.2875V)
RAM: G.Skill DIMM 8 GB DDR3-2400 @ 1800MHz, 1.6V
Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
Here is what I have tried so far:
- I used the system file check (sfc /scannow) command at least 5 times; never found a problem.
- I used Windows repair 2 times, after that the dwm.exe would run until after a system shutdown.
- Did a full Malwarescan using Malwarebytes; not a single virus found
- Starting the dwm.exe manually does not work, even the command "net stop uxsms" and "net start uxsms", which would deactivate and reactivate the Desktop Manager did not work
- Transparency and aero Troubleshooting could not identify the problem.
- Updating my graphicscard driver and my Windows performance index (I cann not run this when dwm.exe is deactivated. it reports that my video playback performance could not be tested)
- Went under services and checked Desktop Window Manager Session Manager; even when dmw.exe is not working it shows that it is running and set to automatically
- Ran checkdisk (chkdsk), also nothing
- Updating my UEFI
- I would rather not install my System from scratch again so this is not an option for me :/
That is pretty much everything that came into my mind regarding the things I have already done.
Help in any form would be MUCH appreciated.
If there are any Informations lacking regarding Windows Settings or Specs please state so in your comment
Thanks for the help in advance.
|My System Specs|
|06 May 2015||#2|
One of the optional Windows Updates from last month was a fix of DWM.exe It totally messed up my desktop and graphics so I had uninstall it. Not the exact same problem you have but maybe worth a try assuming you installed it.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
USB Controller for USB 2.0 not working - Must reinstall on bootup
My USB controller for my USB 2.0 port is having some issues. It will power devices but will not recognize them. After reinstalling the controller in Device Manager I can use devices on this port. But after I reboot I'm back in the same situation as before. I'm really looking for a way to get this...
How do I change bootup from H20insyde back to Win 7 bootup?
Hi, I went to boot up my laptop PC and I see H20Insyde asking me for a password. I have no idea where this came from. What could have caused this? I have always booted up and the only thing I see is my normal screen from Win7 that ask for my password. How did my my PC convert over to this H20insyde...
yo everybody! my friends amd dell win xp pc will half bootup. it will turn on but the processor wont boot. it makes a loud noise(because the cooling fan is on overdrive perhaps). help would be appreciated! -LooneyTuney
System Won't Bootup
I just figured out one problem to run into another. After figuring out that the MB was bad and needed replaced all was well for a couple of weeks. Everything was working fine until one day I needed to reboot after updating my anti-virus when things went bad again. :( Here is the symptom: upon...
|BSOD Help and Support|
How To Change a "No-Password" Bootup Back to a "Password "Bootup ?
At present I have my WIN 7 set to Boot up without a Password. I would now like to change that siuation back to a "Password Required" Boot. How do I go about this ? I have tried going into User Accounts >Change Passwords where I get the three boxes "Current Password", "Change Password" and...
help! LRX has stopped working on bootup (3 reports)
Hi, 3 reports on windows 7 startup when i reboot. here they are. they're appcrashes APPCRASH re: driver_update.exe. Can you help me get rid of them? 1. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: driver_update.exe
|BSOD Help and Support|
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:44.