Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: computer turning off randomly

06 Jun 2015   #31
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

It says it is out of stock.

Here is a list of current Gigabyte Z77 motherboards:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Intel Z77

Pick any motherboard, go to it's page, click on "CPU, Memory Support & Downloads" (at the top), click "Memory Support List", and download the list of supported RAM to check.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Jun 2015   #32
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Thank you .... but someone here in my country is selling the one I posted...

I will try to find the memory compatibity list for this mobo.. If positive , I wish I could boot from my current Windows configuration...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2015   #33
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
It says it is out of stock.

Here is a list of current Gigabyte Z77 motherboards:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Intel Z77

Pick any motherboard, go to it's page, click on "CPU, Memory Support & Downloads" (at the top), click "Memory Support List", and download the list of supported RAM to check.
Ok I just checked the mobo memory compatibily list and my ram is not listed there. There are very close models but not exactly the same numbers. The person who lend it to me told me that the compatibility posibilities are very high.. So I am going to test.. Any thoughts are welcome

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jun 2015   #34
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

The Brand and exact model numbers are not entirely important. You can improvise.

There are 2 specs you MUST meet:
Ram Type: DDR3
RAM voltage: 1.5v works in most Intel i series boards, 1.65v works in many. Check the specs of the approved RAM on the list.

There are 2 specs you can have some slack on:
Timings: any of the timings of the RAM on the list will work, but all modules should be the same timings.
Speed: Any of the RAM speeds listed will work at their listed timings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2015   #35
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
The Brand and exact model numbers are not entirely important. You can improvise.

There are 2 specs you MUST meet:
Ram Type: DDR3
RAM voltage: 1.5v works in most Intel i series boards, 1.65v works in many. Check the specs of the approved RAM on the list.

There are 2 specs you can have some slack on:
Timings: any of the timings of the RAM on the list will work, but all modules should be the same timings.
Speed: Any of the RAM speeds listed will work at their listed timings.
Thank you.
I was actually not thinking about messing with timings or speed in BIOS.
If I choose Optimize Settings in BIOS,
wouldn't that work?

Thanks

Sorry I dont know nothing about memory configurations
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2015   #36
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Hello. I installed the mobo and eveything went fine. It booted to my previous windows installation. That was incredible, I did not do anything.
I guess all I have todo now is install the new mobo drivers. Should I uninstall the previous mobo drivers before installing the newer ones?

Thanks people. You've been very helpfull.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2015   #37
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

You said that someone lent the motherboard to you. Are you going to keep it?
Yes: then replace the drivers if there are newer or different ones (check the version numbers and dates)
No: then complete your test and then decide if you need to buy a new motherboard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2015   #38
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
You said that someone lent the motherboard to you. Are you going to keep it?
Yes: then replace the drivers if there are newer or different ones (check the version numbers and dates)
No: then complete your test and then decide if you need to buy a new motherboard.
Thanks.
How should I replace drivers? Going to device manager and updating those devices with the yellow interrogation symbol?
Should I install over or uninstall the old and install the new ones?
How can I get rid of all the old mobo' s drivers so no conflics arise?

Thanks and sorry for maybe asking stupid questions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2015   #39
mvthakar

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
Thanks.
How should I replace drivers? Going to device manager and updating those devices with the yellow interrogation symbol?
Should I install over or uninstall the old and install the new ones?
How can I get rid of all the old mobo' s drivers so no conflics arise?

Thanks and sorry for maybe asking stupid questions.

Whenever I modify/upgrade a device in my desktop, I just perform a clean install.
Because removing the old drivers and installing the new ones is quite a hassle.

Besides, a clean install ensures that everything will work fine, no old and new drivers
left-over conflicts.

If you can't perform a clean install, just boot to safe mode and uninstall all the drivers with exclamation marks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2015   #40
mvthakar

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (x64)
 
 

[QUOTE=mvthakar;3083660]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
Thanks.
How should I replace drivers? Going to device manager and updating those devices with the yellow interrogation symbol?
Should I install over or uninstall the old and install the new ones?
How can I get rid of all the old mobo' s drivers so no conflics arise?

Thanks and sorry for maybe asking stupid questions.

Whenever I modify/upgrade a device in my desktop, I just perform a clean install.
Because removing the old drivers and installing the new ones is quite a hassle.

Besides, a clean install ensures that everything will work fine, no old and new drivers
left-over conflicts.

If you can't perform a clean install, just uninstall all the drivers with exclamation marks, perform a registry clean, clear all the temporary files. You could use CCleaner for that.
Then install the drivers for new hardware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 computer turning off randomly




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
When turning off computer & turning it back on again screen is blank
Here is the issue, when my computer goes to sleep after it's on for a while when I move the mouse to get the screen back up it shows the backround no icons or anything to click. Same if I turn it off and turn it back on. I have to turn it off and on many times then go to safe mode and shut down...
General Discussion
My windows 7 laptop keeps turning off randomly
My windows 7 laptop keeps turning off randomly by it self. See attachment. I checked with 3 different antiviruses, and a boot time scan. I even checked the event viewer(see attachment). PLZ help!
General Discussion
Microsoft Security Essentials randomly turning itself off
This problem has just started today. Microsoft security essentials is turning itself off and earlier it was turning back on when I clicked it, but now it isn't even doing that. It keeps timing out when I try to turn it on. When it was turning back on, it would turn off if I tried to do a scan. ...
System Security
Help, my PC keeps randomly turning off.
Hello, i am new to these forums so ask me if you need anything. Well, i have been having problems lately with my PC. It has been turning off randomly. But only seems to happen when i am playing games requiring high performace. Say im playing Call of Duty Black Ops on my PC. After 1 hour or...
General Discussion
Help... Computer turning off.
Hey... My computer has started to turn itself off and when i turn it back on it shows this error message, dose anyone know how to sort it? Thanks much . http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/835/77680729.jpg
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:33.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App