Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Having a issue where my monitors are going to sleep

15 Jun 2015   #11
GokAy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Run: gpedit.msc

Then expand:
Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - System - Power Management - Video and Display Settings

Make sure you are expanding the Administrative Template under "Computer Configuration" and not the "User Configuration".

Having a issue where my monitors are going to sleep-gpedit-power-options.jpg

Restart PC after the change just in case.




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Jun 2015   #12
eaglepi

Windows 7 ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GokAy View Post
Run: gpedit.msc

Then expand:
Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - System - Power Management - Video and Display Settings

Make sure you are expanding the Administrative Template under "Computer Configuration" and not the "User Configuration".

Attachment 362781

Restart PC after the change just in case.
OK found the folder but you didn't tell me what to do???

When I opened the gpedit.msc I got two error messages. one was this,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2015   #13
GokAy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Oh sorry, what you need to do was in an earlier post

Let me re-post here.

Quote:
3. Double click "Turn Off the Display (Plugged In)".
4. Change the setting to "Disabled".
5. Click OK.
6. Repeat step 4 to 5 to disable "Turn Off the Display (On Battery)".
Restart PC after those 2 changes. I need to search for the errors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jun 2015   #14
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

This is a long shot but did you check the settings in your monitor? Some monitors have their own sleep settings and it's remotely possible that changing GPUs may have disturbed them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2015   #15
eaglepi

Windows 7 ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
This is a long shot but did you check the settings in your monitor? Some monitors have their own sleep settings and it's remotely possible that changing GPUs may have disturbed them.
I've had these monitors for 5-6 years and they would have given me this issue before now so, No It isn't my monitors 100%!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2015   #16
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eaglepi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
This is a long shot but did you check the settings in your monitor? Some monitors have their own sleep settings and it's remotely possible that changing GPUs may have disturbed them.
I've had these monitors for 5-6 years and they would have given me this issue before now so, No It isn't my monitors 100%!!
But did you check to see if the monitor settings may have changed? It won't cost you anything to look.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2015   #17
eaglepi

Windows 7 ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eaglepi View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
This is a long shot but did you check the settings in your monitor? Some monitors have their own sleep settings and it's remotely possible that changing GPUs may have disturbed them.
I've had these monitors for 5-6 years and they would have given me this issue before now so, No It isn't my monitors 100%!!
But did you check to see if the monitor settings may have changed? It won't cost you anything to look.
Thanks for the reply but none of my monitors have a power saver mode that can be set. Even if I had the options to change a setting Only I would be able to make the changes. TRUST me. If the monitors were the problem I would have had this issue way before this week.

Thanks
Ron
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2015   #18
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

What monitors do you have (24" Samsungs doesn't tell us anything)? Also, what is the model of your new graphics card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2015   #19
GokAy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Hey, did the Group Policy change not help?

Try clearing CMOS/loading defaults in BIOS.

You can also update BIOS if above fail.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2015   #20
eaglepi

Windows 7 ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
What monitors do you have (24" Samsungs doesn't tell us anything)? Also, what is the model of your new graphics card?
I have Samsung Monitor 244T, and Westinghouse L2410NM. On the samsung I do not have the software installed. I haven't installed the software for several years. I Westinghouse didn't come with software to my be of knowledge.. I really appreciate you trying to help me with this but I've built 4-5 systems over the years and have used these monitors which are plug and play abd the OS recogined them each and every time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Having a issue where my monitors are going to sleep




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dual Monitors reset when S.Saver/sleep/reboot/hibernate
Dual Monitors reset when Screensaver/sleep/reboot/hibernate & Returning to single monitor cause a hissy fit tantrum by win 7 I have a problem with Win7 and my dual monitors setup. I have 2 SyncMaster 245T monitors, connected via DVI cable to a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX card. I have downloaded...
General Discussion
How Make Monitors Sleep When Inactive??
How do I make my monitors go to sleep after a period of inactivity? They used to go to sleep, but I turned that off for a specific reason. Now I can't remember how I did it, and now I can't find where to restore the sleep functionality. I used to use integrated graphics and now I...
Performance & Maintenance
No Wake From Sleep BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T
I have an issue with the sleep function. The computer does not awake from sleep. When I try to do it, it behaves as if it was waking, but it never ends and there is only a black screen; the mouse and keyboard are inoperative. The only thing possible to do is a hard reboot. When it boots, it shows a...
BSOD Help and Support
Apps on Dual monitors swapped around when waking up from sleep mode
Hi, I know this is not really a crash, but wasn't sure where else to put it. I have now been running Windows 7 for about 2 months and am loving it. However, there is one small issue that is starting to drive me NUTS! Every now and again, after recovering from sleep mode, the apps on my...
General Discussion
MOnitors go into sleep mode and won't come back up,
Wasn't really sure where to post this but maybe someone can help me with this very annoying problem I've been having recently.. OK once my monitors go into sleep/hibernation mode they stay black no matter what i do i have to restart the pc to fix the problem also all the lights on my keyboard go...
General Discussion
monitors no wakey from sleep mode
sometimes not all the time after my pc has been in sleep mode the monitors dont come back on, i can see the pc wakes up but the monitors stay black and so far the only way ive got it to work is to power off and reboot. all my drivers are upto date what could be causing this i dont realy want to...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App