Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Who's sticking with Windows 7?

15 Oct 2015   #141
Brds7t7

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Trident1 View Post
A while back when MS came out with Windows 10 I clicked on the "Reserve" button. Now, I continually get a page informing me that Windows 10 is ready for upgrading. After reading posts in several forums and Google, I've decided against Windows 10. Is there some way I can prevent the Windows 10 nag messages that continually pop up?

One day, in the future, if I decide to go to Windows 10 - I'll purchase the disc and do a clean install.
Take a look here Trident1:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ows-7-8-a.html


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Oct 2015   #142
Trident1

Windows 7 Professional, 32bit
 
 

Brds7t7, I had, previously, removed several of the KBs listed, but I'll check agian to see if some were reinstalled. Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2015   #143
Brds7t7

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Trident1 View Post
Brds7t7, I had, previously, removed several of the KBs listed, but I'll check agian to see if some were reinstalled. Thanks!
Yeah Microsoft is getting very sneaky lately. Some updates are being republished and duplicated.
They're getting seriously aggressive with forcing 10 onto people's pc's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Oct 2015   #144
Trident1

Windows 7 Professional, 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Trident1 View Post
Brds7t7, I had, previously, removed several of the KBs listed, but I'll check agian to see if some were reinstalled. Thanks!
Yeah Microsoft is getting very sneaky lately. Some updates are being republished and duplicated.
They're getting seriously aggressive with forcing 10 onto people's pc's.
Yes, i went back to updates and seven of those I had uninstalled were back. Deleted them and created a new image to an external drive - guess that's the easiest/fastest way to eliminate them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2015   #145
Brds7t7

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Trident1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Trident1 View Post
Brds7t7, I had, previously, removed several of the KBs listed, but I'll check agian to see if some were reinstalled. Thanks!
Yeah Microsoft is getting very sneaky lately. Some updates are being republished and duplicated.
They're getting seriously aggressive with forcing 10 onto people's pc's.
Yes, i went back to updates and seven of those I had uninstalled were back. Deleted them and created a new image to an external drive - guess that's the easiest/fastest way to eliminate them.
Make sure you have WU set to only check for updates and not download them or they'll install again when republished.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #146
soho1

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Tried to upgrade a couple machines from various versions of Windows to 10, but was not immediately successful. So I'm sticking with 7 pro for most of my network until the kinks are worked out. Always good to avoid the .0 releases as a general rule of thumb anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #147
soho1

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Trident1 View Post
One day, in the future, if I decide to go to Windows 10 - I'll purchase the disc and do a clean install.
That is BRILLIANT! Pre-installed OEM software has caused more than one problem unsolved except by throwing away the license and starting with a fresh DVD, which of course, they don't provide so I had to go out and purchase.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #148
strollin

W10 Pro desktop, W10 laptop, W10 laptop, W10 Pro tablet (all 64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by soho1 View Post
Tried to upgrade a couple machines from various versions of Windows to 10, but was not immediately successful. So I'm sticking with 7 pro for most of my network until the kinks are worked out. Always good to avoid the .0 releases as a general rule of thumb anyway.
Speaking of general rules, in place upgrades are best avoided as well. They have a history of being hit or miss.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2015   #149
hazel123

Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 7 32 bit and Xubuntu
 
 

My other half's laptop has just got the icon on the taskbar. When you click on it a big blue window opens saying get your free copy of Windows 10 now. I went to Updates to remove/hide the update. And it isn't there! So this 'advert' seems to have just appeared without even an update showing as having downloaded! At least on my machine I can keep hiding the update.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2015   #150
groze

W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by soho1 View Post
Tried to upgrade a couple machines from various versions of Windows to 10, but was not immediately successful. So I'm sticking with 7 pro for most of my network until the kinks are worked out. Always good to avoid the .0 releases as a general rule of thumb anyway.
Speaking of general rules, in place upgrades are best avoided as well. They have a history of being hit or miss.

I thought windows 10 handles in places upgrades better then previous windows systems do but that just my opinion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Who's sticking with Windows 7?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Key Button Acts Like It's Sticking
Hello Everyone, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or whether it is a problem with my system but my windows key button seems like it is sticking. Normally, to use windows shortcuts you would do something like windows key+m to minimize all windows. Well what I find is that periodically...
Hardware & Devices
Sticking with with Windows 7 for now.
I can't seem to get the background images like I wanted, I know you can modify High contrast theme for lower contrast but not totally. Also Start Menu I don't see it like windows 7 in Windows 10 preview. I even installed ClassicShellSetup_4_0_4 to use the windows 7 old style start menu. I...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Icons sticking to each other?
Hello! I have been trying to get the icons on Windows 7 to not stick to themselves on the left side of the desktop. I have looked through the customization and Personalization settings, but cant figure it out. Are they supposed to stay this way? Please help! Thank you! :D
Customization
Aero shake problem with windows sticking on top
Hello, I am experiencing problem with aero shake. Once the windows are restored, by shaking the focused window again, it stays on top and there is nothing I can do about it except to close it.. If I do the same with another window, it is also set to `Always on top` and now I can override the...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Activation not sticking
Hey guys, I have an end user that we upgraded to Win 7 as a test run and her activation keeps popping up even after activating it and getting the genuine software screen. She doesn't get the "this version of Windows you are running may be pirated" it just reverts to being unactivated like it...
Windows Updates & Activation
Sticking on bios after installing Windows 7
hi there, im installing windows 7 on my PC its, Intel DG41NJ ITX Motherboard Intel Celeron E1500 2x 1GB ddr2 ram 1.5tb samsung HDD Samsung DVD/rw
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App