Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Booting to Bios

11 Nov 2009   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
Booting to Bios

I have a USB keyboard. Whenever I boot to my Bios, I have to put a PS2 keyboard on. My USB does not take effect until the screen gets to the Windows logo and it is too late then. Is there anyway around changing keyboards?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Nov 2009   #2

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I have a USB keyboard. Whenever I boot to my Bios, I have to put a PS2 keyboard on. My USB does not take effect until the screen gets to the Windows logo and it is too late then. Is there anyway around changing keyboards?
Hi! Using the PS/2 Keyboard look in the BIOS for a USB Input or USB keyboard option and enable that.

Thanks,
ZeshanA
If a user helps you please rep them!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #3

 

Hey BigMck! Did that work? Please Reply!

ZeshanA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Nov 2009   #4

7 Ultimate 64x
 
 

also look for plug and play (pnp) in the bios someplace also
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZeshanA View Post
Hey BigMck! Did that work? Please Reply!

ZeshanA
I will give it a try when I get home and let you know. If you don't hear from me you will know that I REALLY messed up my Bios and could not answer you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZeshanA View Post
Hey BigMck! Did that work? Please Reply!

ZeshanA
I will give it a try when I get home and let you know. If you don't hear from me you will know that I REALLY messed up my Bios and could not answer you
You wouldn't be able to do that looking for a USB OPTION. Or could you?

You're beginning to scare me

ZeshanA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZeshanA View Post
Hey BigMck! Did that work? Please Reply!

ZeshanA
I found a place to enable USB KB, but is was already that way. == Let me ask you another question. When I was in the Bios, it gave the RPM for the CPU Fan and the System Fan. It showed RPM for the CPU Fan, but for System Fan, it showed zero RPM. Does every MB have a System Fan?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

System fan typically refers to an obvious fan on the back side (NOT your power supply fan) or a similar fan on the front side.

Look on the back side--you may not see a fan other than the power supply.

Most PCs bought at a store don't have an intake fan on the front side. I see yours is custom built, so I have to assume you chose not to install any fans other than PS and CPU.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
System fan typically refers to an obvious fan on the back side (NOT your power supply fan) or a similar fan on the front side.

Look on the back side--you may not see a fan other than the power supply.

Most PCs bought at a store don't have an intake fan on the front side. I see yours is custom built, so I have to assume you chose not to install any fans other than PS and CPU.
Yeah what he said! Lol! So I'm guessing it didn't work.......

Is it wireless?

ZeshanA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZeshanA View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
System fan typically refers to an obvious fan on the back side (NOT your power supply fan) or a similar fan on the front side.

Look on the back side--you may not see a fan other than the power supply.

Most PCs bought at a store don't have an intake fan on the front side. I see yours is custom built, so I have to assume you chose not to install any fans other than PS and CPU.
Yeah what he said! Lol! So I'm guessing it didn't work.......

Is it wireless?

ZeshanA
I did not find anything other than the one USB KB that was already enabled, so I did not change anything. It is a regular KB with a cord. I thought I had read that USB KB do not start until after initial boot screen. Can you boot to bios with your USB?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Booting to Bios




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Booting to Bios
Thread Forum
Solved PC not booting past mobo/bios splash Hardware & Devices
Solved Booting from SSD: How to force it in bios Hardware & Devices
Problem Booting up computer, most likely involving something with BIOS Software
Start up isnt booting properly after BIOS update Installation & Setup
How to get back BIOS booting screen? General Discussion
Booting / Bios Issue General Discussion
BOOTING from BIOS after UPG clean install Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33