Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Windows 7: Windows 7 32 or 64 on new Lenovo T400

17 Nov 2009   #11

Windows 7, Linux

In my earlier post, when I mean control the laptops it's not only specs. What laptop sells with linux in most stores? Infact what computers sell with linux in stores? Or how about sold without an OS? Most computers come "pre-loaded" And MS has put "new system specs" so you buy a new computer that comes pre-loaded with the new windows all because MS wants to keep things pre-loaded.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #12

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mushroomboy View Post
No it is BS, did you ever hear about the scam Microsoft was doing for WinXP latptops? Making certain requirements so that in order to get regular OEM discount they had to keep the specs under a certain amount so they could keep the laptop market under wraps? MS has done a lot of BS with system requirements for a LONG LONG LONG time. They set minimum spec's so people buy better computers. Basically if you run Win7 on X laptop we will set the standards higher so those laptops you sold last year will be "no good". Really it's marketing, and real good at that.
Yeah, I guess so......... Sorry about earlier.

19 Nov 2009   #13

Windows 7, Linux

Well if you want to sell laptops and MS says in order to have it's OS installed they have to be X speeds and you say "but it runs on lower and I could sell it cheaper" what is MS going to do? Tell you "no, it has to be this", so of course you need those specs. Now the main companies can make laptops cheaper and they like this. Well since a person is going to think they need that new computer to run Windows 7, then of course they are going to buy a new one. Which helps both MS and manufacturers and promote whatever manufacturer has MS windows on it. See how that just works out so nice? MS has the power, because they know what can really run their system, but they won't tell you the real bare minimum specs. That would be bad and then people are going to want to sell laptops with Windows 7 on it at lower specs and MS won't have that hold over the market.

Windows 7 32 or 64 on new Lenovo T400