I have created a Task Manager task to be run automatically at any user's logon. It runs hidden and extends the displays in the very same way the Win key + P does extend displays, only it does this automagically !
The command it triggers is : "C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe" /extend
It is set up to start after logon because on some systems Windows switches to single display mode at the logon screen, as it seems to forget settings.
How to make this work:
1. Open Computer management via right click on Computer icon on the Start Menu.
2. If prompted give consent/administrator password at UAC prompt
3. In the console window, go to Computer Management (Local) -> System Tools -> Task Scheduler.
4. Extract the task file from the attached zip archive to a folder of your choice.
5. From the Task Scheduler Windows, open the Action menu on the top menu bar.
6. Click "Import Task", then browse to the folder where you previously extracted the file from the zip archive.
7. Select the file, then click Open and then OK
8. Windows will now go automatically to extend mode every time a user logs on.
Cosmin Tataru http://windowsfaralimite.ro Windows Unlimited Everything about Windows and software running on Windows